Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2022, 18:15   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibworld View Post
Isn't that low? Do the FE numbers improve as more kms get added?
It does but mostly this block settles down at 13 to 14 max in city conditions and 17 approx to 18.5 on highways which is what i have heard.
I am running around 1700 kms and FE average is around 12 to 12.7 kmpl till now.
Old 6th November 2022, 17:54   #227
BHPian

I have done 3800 km so far.
Almost all of them in highway.
FE avg 16.5
Recently did Bangalore Chennai and the trip averaged 17.8 (mostly without a/c)
Capri89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 10:38   #228

Need recommendations for Fog Lamps for my Urban cruiser. I got the High Variant which came without Fog Lamps, only a garnish. My Dealership (Millenium Toyota, Thane) Doesn't have genuine Toyota accessories for fog lamps. They are suggesting Minda. Kindly guide.
Old 15th November 2022, 10:34   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Need recommendations for Fog Lamps for my Urban cruiser. I got the High Variant which came without Fog Lamps, only a garnish. My Dealership (Millenium Toyota, Thane) Doesn't have genuine Toyota accessories for fog lamps. They are suggesting Minda. Kindly guide.
Hi, I am new member in the forum! I also bought Toyota Urban cruiser High AT White model in Aug 2022. I also wanted to install foglamps but could not do it till now due non availability at Toyota, how ever you can try getting the Maruti Brezza's LED foglamps which are the same on Urban cruiser. You can check with MGP(Maruti Genuine Parts) dealer for the same. Also you can check on the Boodmo for the same. Get it fixed with any Toyota Dealer(I doubt they would do it for you, possible if you have good repo with Service Adviser/Mechanic) or any reputed mechanic. I'll post you on it once I fit Fog lamps on Urban cruiser. And Minda is OEM for the Maruti you can go ahead with it. Ensure they are LED.
Here is the Boodmo link
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-led_...p_mt-57597753/
Old 15th November 2022, 11:35   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoDrive View Post
Hi, I am new member in the forum! I also bought Toyota Urban cruiser High AT White model in Aug 2022. I also wanted to install foglamps but could not do it till now due non availability at Toyota, how ever you can try getting the Maruti Brezza's LED foglamps which are the same on Urban cruiser. You can check with MGP(Maruti Genuine Parts) dealer for the same. Also you can check on the Boodmo for the same. Get it fixed with any Toyota Dealer(I doubt they would do it for you, possible if you have good repo with Service Adviser/Mechanic) or any reputed mechanic. I'll post you on it once I fit Fog lamps on Urban cruiser. And Minda is OEM for the Maruti you can go ahead with it. Ensure they are LED.
Here is the Boodmo link
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-led_...p_mt-57597753/
I checked with MGP. They have brezza fog lamps for 900 rs each. But they are saying that there is a difference between UC and brezza bumpers. Hence it may or may not fit.
Thats what the Toyota people are saying too.
Old 15th November 2022, 11:44   #231
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with MGP. They have brezza fog lamps for 900 rs each. But they are saying that there is a difference between UC and brezza bumpers. Hence it may or may not fit.
Thats what the Toyota people are saying too.
That 900Rs ones are the Halogen ones, go with Boodmo link which I shared, It is LED foglamps, though the bumpers do look different, the mounting points for the Fog lamps is same.
I checked with Toyota, the parts are supplied by Maruti.
MotoDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 15:41   #232
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting the LED fog lamps from Brezza on Urban Cruiser in a Maruti WorkShop as Toyota could not get the parts. I requested SA to do the needful and he accepted. Will keep you posted!

Last edited by MotoDrive : 24th November 2022 at 16:09.
MotoDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 01:43   #233
BHPian

Has anyone bought and installed the ISOFIX Child seats in the UC?
Any thoughts, tips, suggestions on the same? I need to get one for my toddler
Old 1st December 2022, 11:06   #234
BHPian

Update on my Urban Cruiser after 20K service.

“Fill it, shut it, forget it”, 80’s kids can recollect famous ad from Hero Honda , an apt phrase to describe Urban Cruiser.

Performance : With in city or even up to 80 KMPH, Urban cruiser performance is excellent. Gear ratio and great bottom end provides excellent driveability in city. Highways is where Urban Cruiser left for wanting more. 6th gear is definitely missed , anything above 100 KMPH , engine screams a lot and constantly reminding the drivers that its missing that extra leg for calm highway cruising. My dad loves the performance since he hardly cross 100 KMPH.

Comfort: Among my previous cars , Fiesta was the benchmark for comfort. Urban Cruiser matches the ride quality of Fiesta , which say a lot about suspension setup in Urban Cruiser. Body roll is well contained. Urban cruiser ensure comfortable journey. Rear and front seat under thigh support could have been better. Learnt to live with it.

NVH :
Urban Cruiser has a dual personality , with in city drive/up to 80 KMPH car is silent, not much noise but on high ways, can hear lot of road noise after 100KMPH.

Fuel Efficiency : Averaging around 16.8 KMPL. Mileage drops down to 10 KMPL inside city drives but compensated well during highway drives. I’m getting around 17 - 20 KMPL , during highway trips depending on driving conditions.

I’m surprised Toyota dropped Urban Cruiser from their portfolio , not sure whether they have any plans to bring it back. With 4 Star crash rating assurance which I'm not intended to test in on roads though, I’m having a peaceful ownership time .
rainmaster is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 11:58   #235
BHPian

Hi Urban Cruiser owners!

Sharing my experience of getting the Brezza fog lamps on my Urban Cruiser which might be helpful of the members.

I recently bought Urban Cruiser High AT model in Aug 2022. Which has run around 3300 Kms till now. I had the idea of getting the fog lamps fitted since this model didn't had the fog lamps. I did not get it installed during the delivery as I had crossed my budget during that time. The bug of missing fog lamps was always in my head and I always felt the car is incomplete. After a month or so started enquiring in Toyota service centres for the same, the response was not welcoming because they did not had any stocks and never offered to order one for me. That made me look elsewhere and started enquiring with the local shops but they were also not able to source the OEM fog lamps from Brezza, I was very particular about the OEM ones which are LED.
One more months passed in Bangalore busy life, but I kept enquiring whenever and wherever I get a chance to do so. Luckily there was as Maruti Suzuki Service located just 1 Km from my home. I had a good relationship with Service Adviser as I used to get my Ignis serviced. I casually enquired with him for the fog lamps, he conformed the availability! and said it is not possible to fit to the Urban Cruiser as they are not supposed take Toyota Vehicles for the service or any other work which is known factor and I kept quite. I used to persuade him to fit the fog lamps on my Urban Cruiser. Just couple of days ago he finally agreed to do so. I agreed on the price which was exacly INR 6680/- I accepted the price we decided on the day for the same but he postponed due to some higher officials were visiting from Maruti. The next day I called him, "Can you do it today?" He said "Yes Sir, Please come post lunch around 2pm" I asked about the time required for the same and he said it can be done in less than two hours. There was one more catch! he could not bill the fog lamps to my urban cruiser! But he said if I can get any Maruti car so that it can billed to that Car...to my luck my Landlord's son had bought a new Maruti a month ago. I gave his car registration number for the same. Finally I left the car at their service centre they did the good job and gave the delivery in less than two hours as committed.
The one more challenge we faced was to find a place for the fog lamp button as mine AT which doesn’t come with empty switch place/dummy switch. Finally we decided to put it below the Start/Stop button, I feel the cut made to fit the switch could have been little more neat and tidy but its OK. I feel Maruti SA are more accommodating that TOYOTA SAs. They are not bothered to even offer to order the Parts from Maruti/Toyota. I don't want to take the name of the dealer and the SA but I was happy for the work and for the reason that I got resolved a bug which was in my head for last three months.

Sharing the pics of the same.
At Maruti Service bay
Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-1.png
Location of the Fog lamp Switch
Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-2.png
Close up shot of the Fog Lamp Switch
Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-3.png
Testing fog lamps
Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-4.png
Closeup shot
Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-5.png
MotoDrive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 12:17   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Hi vaiworld I got the fog lamps fitted on to my Urban cruiser! check out my latest post on this thread. Any information needed let me know.
Old 1st December 2022, 21:07   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Urban Cruiser owners!

Sharing my experience of getting the Brezza fog lamps on my Urban Cruiser which might be helpful of the members.

I recently bought Urban Cruiser High AT model in Aug 2022. Which has run around 3300 Kms till now.
Thanks for sharing. But didn't you just void your mfg warranty of ur brand new car by making a hole under the start/stop button from a place that's not a Toyota service center!??
hanzt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 22:05   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
Thanks for sharing. But didn't you just void your mfg warranty of ur brand new car by making a hole under the start/stop button from a place that's not a Toyota service center!??
I enquired at Toyota on the same, they are not able to get parts for the same and they would put a hole around the same place. No wires are cut. No warranty void. Not tampering any wires here. They said we can get it fitted from outside more over the dash board part is cheap plastic and doesn’t cost much.
Old 4th December 2022, 12:25   #239

Quote:
Hi vaiworld I got the fog lamps fitted on to my Urban cruiser! check out my latest post on this thread. Any information needed let me know.
They look great! How much did maruti charge you for labour?
UC has powerful headlights, i am assuming the Fog LAmps help with those.
vaibworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 21:35   #240
BHPian

Quote:
They look great! How much did maruti charge you for labour?
UC has powerful headlights, i am assuming the Fog Lamps help with those.
Yes, They look great! I was billed INR 6650/- including labour charges. which includes fog lamps price of around INR5990/- I feel they are worth for the price!As you said the headlights are powerful and fog lamps support the headlights.
Attaching the pics attached for comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-withfoglamps1.png  

Toyota Urban Cruiser launched at Rs. 8.40 lakh-withoutfoglamps2.png  

MotoDrive is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks