Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2020, 17:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta Petrol variant prices hiked by up to Rs. 62,000

Hyundai has increased the price of the Creta by up to Rs. 62,000.

Hyundai Creta Petrol variant prices hiked by up to Rs. 62,000-2020hyundaicreta06.jpg

A new base petrol variant called the E, has been added to the line-up. It is priced at Rs. 9.82 lakh (ex-showroom, India), which is Rs. 17,000 less than the EX variant (old price).

Hyundai Creta Petrol variant prices hiked by up to Rs. 62,000-2020hyundaicreta07.jpg

The price of the Creta 1.5 EX petrol has been hiked by Rs. 62,000. This variant now costs Rs. 10.61 lakh. All the other variants get a price hike of Rs. 12,000. The top-spec 1.4 SX (O) DCT now costs Rs. 17.32 lakh.

Hyundai Creta Petrol variant prices hiked by up to Rs. 62,000-2020hyundaicreta05.jpg

The price of the base diesel variant remains unchanged at Rs. 9.99 lakh. Prices of all other diesel variants have been increased by Rs. 12,000. The top-spec SX (O) AT variant now costs Rs. 17.32 lakh.

Hyundai Creta Petrol variant prices hiked by up to Rs. 62,000-2020hyundaicreta81.jpg

The second-generation Creta is powered by a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine that puts out 138 BHP and 242 Nm, a 1.5-litre petrol that makes 113 BHP and 144 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel that produces 113 BHP and 250 Nm. The petrol engines are offered with a 6-speed manual, CVT or 7-speed DCT (1.4L turbo petrol), while the diesel is available with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic gearbox.

Hyundai Creta Petrol variant prices hiked by up to Rs. 62,000-creta-price.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 5th October 2020 at 17:24.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 17:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Petrol variant prices hiked by up to Rs. 62,000

Booked HTK Seltos when it was sub 10l. Price goes up a week later, cancelled it and got full refund. My reasoning being I do not want the extra 6% road tax going to the govt especially when the road is as bad as it is in the state. So booked Creta last week and this happened.

A question, since Hyundai has cancellation fees does it apply to me now even though its been less than 5 days and the car hasn't been allotted to my name yet? Or does that fee apply regardless in which case I am starting to think my dealer knew of the price hike and lied to me about it even though I asked them explicitly that I'd book after October if there was no hike. Now the dealer has so far feigned ignorance even though I have shown them the updated price list from another dealer in city and also the new variant on Hyundai's click to buy website.

Did Hyundai add more features to EX petrol then if it has to justify 60k hike when every other variant has only 12k hike?
Nithesh_M is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 20:48   #3
BHPian

This is interesting. Are they increasing prices now to give "Discounts" during festive season in Nov'20? If yes, then this is very cheeky from Hyundai.

I am also guessing Creta EX is the most selling variant and Hyundai want to milk it further? Whatever the reason maybe for price hike, it will not go well with people who have already booked it and waiting for vehicle to be allocated. I am expecting few cancellations due to this. I guess Hyundai already anticipated this and will pitch the new E variant to such customers.

This is the hottest selling SUV from Hyundai, they have every right to increase the prices, however, there maybe cross-shopping between Creta and Seltos in such cases. It will be interesting to compare Oct'20 and Sep'20 sales from these Korean sisters.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 21:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

There will be no discount on the Creta. They're pent up on demand that waiting periods for base variants have crept up to 4 months to even 6 months in some remote part of the country.

When the hike news broke out first a lot of EX Petrol owners were livid and threatened to cancel their booking. Others are trying to change their booking to E diesel but some others are smart enough to know the E diesel prices will go up in January and are now deciding if its worth the money to go for the S variant or stick to E and add the missing speakers, tweeters and infotainment system from aftermarket. Either way none of the variant seems value for money. Those looking at HTE/K Seltos better hurry because Kia has timed their prices to make you jump between the two Korean brands like a ping poll. Clever Strategy by Hyundai group but it may backfire.
Nithesh_M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 21:03   #5
BHPian

Booked a Creta EX on August 25th. Delivery promised in December. Now the prices go up. Is there any chance I can get the vehicle with the old pricing, I'm ready to make the payment tomorrow even if the delivery happens later.
Kartikaygaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 21:41   #6
BHPian

Good luck Bangalore boys
Ex is more than a lakh expensive for full ownership, sorry i cant use "on road price" as there are no roads in Bangalore.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 09:10   #7
BHPian

Hyundai/Kia twins continues to fleece the indian market! Can't blame them since there is a lack of competition and they are making hay while the sun shines.

The Harrier is a great car but it's a bit too big for the average indian city. The Scross is limited by the 4 speed automatic and lack of a diesel. The XUV500 is too old now. The hector is also big, blingy and chinese. The Nexon, xuv300, Brezza are under 4 metre.

If you really need a medium-sized pseudo-suv the choices are really limited.
vishnurp99 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 09:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

I blame the ridiculous, bizarre 4m rule for spoiling the segment economics. If that were not the case, the Nexon, XUV 300 would have competed with better designs and features as they are almost equal in cabin size to the Creta and Seltos. That would have spread the market more evenly instead of "orienting" it towards the Koreans. The Venue/Sonet would have perhaps been irrelevant, and even Maruti could have come up with a more sensible option for the Brezza.
As said earlier, the Creta/Seltos remain the only viable options in the compact SUV segment, with Renault continuing its Jurassic era cabin albeit with a cheetah like engine for the Duster and Nissan plummeting further in terms of volumes.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 10:37   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Hyundai/Kia twins continues to fleece the indian market! Can't blame them since there is a lack of competition and they are making hay while the sun shines.

The Harrier is a great car but it's a bit too big for the average indian city. The Scross is limited by the 4 speed automatic and lack of a diesel. The XUV500 is too old now. The hector is also big, blingy and chinese. The Nexon, xuv300, Brezza are under 4 metre.

If you really need a medium-sized pseudo-suv the choices are really limited.
I totally agree. Korean twins are taking advantage of the situation as there is no direct competition who can offer a complete package.
I don't understand why Renault, being in Indian market for so long, is unable to offer better interiors for an outstanding Duster 1.3 turbo. Customers in this segment will expect minimum features if not all like Creta/Seltos.
Carz77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 17:20   #10
BHPian

EX indeed was the most value for money variant. I myself was lured to Creta by this variant's pricing only which stood at less than 11 lacs on road. Though it's a different matter that I brought S model instead of EX finally.

Anyways, E variant is not too bad either if you don't mind aftermarket fit and finish.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks