Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2020, 22:20   #16
BHPian

Re: September 2020 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Some observations.

1. Very happy to see Tata Nexon, Altroz and Tiago doing good numbers. Hopefully, Tata motors management, dealers and service centers are noticing this and will make extra effort to keep the faith customers have placed in those products.

2. I cannot believe Brezza doing better numbers than Venue.

3. Was keenly waiting to see how Duster will fare. Looks like my intuition or for that matter, most customers can't accept what it offers. A car is not just an engine.
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 23:19   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post

Toyota URBAN CRUISER where is it ? In an attempt to topple KIA SONET numbers in its launch month, Maruti put the UC numbers together with Brezza ?....
The Urban Cruiser dispatched have not yet began officially and is not reported yet. I understand the surprise with Brezza numbers but considering that there are close to 3000 sales outlets peddling the Brezza, each outlet has to only sell 3-4 vehicles per month to touch 10000 numbers!!
Carma2017 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 00:04   #18
BHPian

While we are on subject, I found this cool similar information about cars in Europe or Germany. Look at tesla, it’s the only company showing growth.
Attached Thumbnails
September 2020 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-2064e6bfe7974815b2e30e1641b43917.jpeg  

ramki.grandhi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 00:50   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
While we are on subject, I found this cool similar information about cars in Europe or Germany. Look at tesla, it’s the only company showing growth.
Thanks for sharing. Interestingly Ford commands almost as much market share as BMW which is one among the top trio there! Also unlike our market, the market share there is distributed more evenly among more companies.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 07:58   #20
BHPian

Brand wise sales for Sep20.

September 2020 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-img20201005wa0005.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 6th October 2020 at 07:58. Reason: Moving your post to the car sales thread
gupta_chd is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 08:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
The Urban Cruiser dispatched have not yet began officially and is not reported yet.
How could they reach the dealers yard then ? At the least 200-500 units are with Toyota already for display and test-drives .
Old 6th October 2020, 09:00   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

One more Sub4M vehicle from KIA and that's it, it will walk over Tata like they did to Mahindra.

Indian brands need their own Sonet now, I heard Tata has one under the wraps, they better get it down here quick or its over.
Old 6th October 2020, 09:29   #23
BHPian

EV car sales numbers are below:

September 2020 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-evsalesindia.jpg
  • Nexon holds 61% market share. These are still early days though. But with Altroz EV and HBX EV expected to be launched in next 1-2 years, I believe Tata will maintain this market share in the near future.
  • For the last 3 months, Nexon EV sales are hovering around ~300 units. I wonder if that is the current production capacity for Nexon EV.
  • ZS is selling in decent numbers and better than Kona. Interior space is actually helping ZS over Kona it seems.
  • Pathetic numbers for Tigor and e-Verito should prove to Tata and Mahindra that people need decent range (200+ kms) from EVs. People are more willing to pay premium for decent range EVs than cheaper vehicles with low range.

I hope Tata launches Altoroz EV as soon as possible. Altroz EV along with HBX EV will bring EVs to a much wider audience in the country.

Note:
Already posted this on Nexon EV thread, but I felt this is more relevant in this thread.

Source:
https://www.autopunditz.com/tata-nex...sold-in-india/

Last edited by sri_tesla : 6th October 2020 at 09:38.
sri_tesla is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 10:11   #24
BHPian

What a time to be alive!!

Tata motors must be the show stopper here. 145% YoY, 21200 units after almost 8 years with a whole replanned product portfolio. People are slowly shifting for local, more safer and value for money products indeed. Now is a good time to launch the Altroz Turbo and Automatic otherwise i20 is going to kill the competition.

Coming to i20 maker Hyundai + Kia, they are selling Creta's and Seltos's and Venue's and Sonet's like there is no tomorrow. I bet they are making more profit than Maruti's whole profits from tins like Alto, swifts, etc.

I sincerely feel sad for Ford and Toyota just because they are let down by low sales figures. They are also at fault due to their cost cuttings but they have to manage more profits. Ford is just going on due to their Ecosport, and Toyota due to their Innova and Fortuner. Let's wait and see what Urban Cruiser pulls up for Toyota.

Last edited by chiefpk : 6th October 2020 at 10:12. Reason: Typo
chiefpk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 10:30   #25
BHPian

Great to see the auto industry is shining. However, it is still a cautious optimism in the industry. Festive months have begun and it is time for OEM’s to show their strengths.
Happy to see Tata motors growth

Scorpio & Bolero, still doing their job. Mahindra should complete rebuild their product portfolio.
Old 6th October 2020, 11:07   #26
BHPian

Out of the 2,500 CBUs, VW group have sold 1686, between T roc and Karoq, with both in excess of 800 units. At their respective price given the present market, it’s pretty good.
Vin76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 11:45   #27

Automotive market has recovered and how!!
Kia is on a roll with Sonet. A great packaging with amazing looks.
A big shout out for TATA motors for achieving the sales number of more than 20k after 8 years.
Creta has gained its crown in compact SUVs from Seltos.
Good to see Ignis doing better numbers than before. Is facelift accepted by people?
Old 6th October 2020, 11:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

September sales chart from ACI
Attached Thumbnails
September 2020 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-sale.jpg  

Old 6th October 2020, 11:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

Great month for Maruti, Hyundai, Tata and Kia. Specially for Tata as they grew by highest percentage and rightly so. They need to get small SUV as soon as possible with right engine, without any 2.0 required & price it correctly. It will be smashing hit for sure. It will give Tata more than 10% market share for sure. It has potential of adding another 6-8K for them.

Maruti has done extremely well and few of their cars are on waiting of 1 month. Hyundai-Kia combo doing great, specially Kia. Mahindra is clearly struggling and need new models ASAP. Toyota, Honda, VW-Skoda, Renault-Nissan, Ford (All world leaders) are doing nothing special to talk about.
Old 6th October 2020, 12:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering - why is the Skoda Karoq listed as a C2 segment SUV? Since it is priced well north of 25 lakhs OTR, shouldn't it be a D1/D2 segment SUV?
EDIT: Same question would apply for the Volkswagen T-Roc as well. It is priced at 20 lakhs ex-showroom, but classified as a C2 segment SUV whereas (in my opinion) it ought to be in the D1 segment?

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 6th October 2020 at 12:21.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks