Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2020, 12:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Which of your cars do you love the most?

Very tough question for a car lover. My first 'own' car was a Maruti Zen and was more comfortable in it than my bed and blanket. I remember how precisely knew the width of my car. Not endorsing this - but I could asses narrow space in front of me and go at 60 kmph if I had one inch on either side of the car.

If I have to think only from my heart, here's what I would have in my garage - one SUV (Endevour), one Sedan (Skoda Octavia or Superb), one hatch (Q3 - yes as a hatch) for fetching groceries
Old 8th October 2020, 12:12   #32
BHPian

This is like asking to choose your favourite eye. It is very difficult to pick which car I love the most.

My garage consists of 4 cars and 4 two-wheelers:
1. 2001 Maruti Zen VX
2. 1995 Maruti 800
3. 2013 Toyota Fortuner 4WD
4. 2018 Maruti Swift LXi
5. 2012 Honda CBR250R ABS
6. 2015 Piaggio Vespa VXL
7. 2015 RE Classic Chrome 500
8. 2019 RE INT 650

My favourite car is definitely our beloved 2001 Zen and I am happy to see so many other jellybean Zens as BHPians favourite cars.

Here is our beloved Zen:

Which of your cars do you love the most?-8647c4090c9443919874c56e39772ae6.jpg

However, my favourite vehicle is definitely my first bike, my baby Ceeber. It has been with me for 8 years now and close to 80,000 km. I have had so many memories with this one, I can never let go of her. Even with a bike like INT650 now, I still love riding the CBR even on long distance trips. In fact, I recently completed a 1300 km round trip in the rains on my CBR.

Which of your cars do you love the most?-img_7430.jpg

Places I have been to on my CBR:

Which of your cars do you love the most?-img_6744.png

My garage (Swift is missing here):

Which of your cars do you love the most?-img_1501.jpg
saishivaj is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 12:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Having owned multiple cars with relatively short ownership spans (and about to add one more), I am not qualified to espouse any thoughts of affection towards cars, but the car I got the most pleasure driving - was the Linea T-Jet, by far, followed closely by the City. In terms of performance, the Dzire VDI was quite a hoot too, especially post 2K rpm . Turns out it had the maximum reading on the ODO amongst all my cars.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 8th October 2020 at 12:19.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 12:52   #34
BHPian

I am not sentimental about cars and don’t fret over it a lot. Have own three cars

1. Swift Dzire Vxi from 2008. This is my first car and I learnt most of my driving on this car. I couldn’t even park it properly when it first came. It is your standard one car for all needs kind of car. What I still love about it is the amazing boot space and surprising amount of seat comfort. I also like it’s manual gear box and it is fun to use now that my both of other cars are Auto. However it feels sluggish and is least fun to drive. It is probably the least favorite car of my three and has done relatively lower 53k kms. I have sent it to my hometown and I still enjoy using it whenever I am there.

2. Honda Brio V AT 2012. This became our preferred car even though was bought as a second car. It is surprising capable and fun while being almost perfect city car. We have taken long drives and it is surprisingly composed on highways where we have taken it on long trips. Terrible boot, harsh ride and bare seats which make our Dzire feel comfortable are it’s obvious drawbacks. We still use it and it is the perfect city beater car and probably can go on for years. It has clocks 50k + kms and safety and space is the only reason I may choose to replace it.

3. BMW 320d sport line 2016. It is probably an unfair comparison but it makes it very easily to be the favorite of the three. I was looking at buying an X1 but it just didn’t feel that special. The looks and the performance of the 3 series made it an obvious choice even though it may be less practical. The amazing engine and driving experience are the obvious reasons to love it but I am surprised by how practical it s for our family. Mileage is great and the ride is great o ver all sorts or roads. It can take on most Indian roads. The suspension of this version of 3 series is supposed to be less sporty but it has made it a very good all round car for us to cover really long distances. It has already done close to 40k kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Which of your cars do you love the most?-c4926e4035494c36a236261e9433884d.jpeg  

neeravnaik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 12:57   #35
BHPian

Hard to list my favourite out of the whole list of cars I have had in my garage, as for me every machine is unique, having its own segment of pros and cons. But one of my current car could be said as my most favourite car because of the memories and experiences I have shared with this machine, my Honda Brio. Which of your cars do you love the most?-lrm_export_186500212216146_20190830_215135665.jpeg
vtecblast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 12:57   #36

The Premier Padmini wasn't necessarily the first car that we owned as a family but the one that I remember sitting in as a little boy. I fondly remember the bench seat in the front, as a kid my mother could always make me lie down on the front seat with my head on her lap and in between both my parents. One can simply not do this anymore.

I would like to share an interesting episode that happened with that car, we were travelling from Wellington to Ludhiana and I was just a little boy. So, this one time, my father got frustrated with the traffic and honked really hard. The horn button on the centre of the steering literally popped out, hanging on to the steering with just a spring bouncing funnily (just like in the cartoons!). The horn wouldn't stop then! We had no choice but to look for a workshop in the middle of nowhere and spend a good day getting the horn fixed.
manmeetd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 12:58   #37
BHPian

A picture is worth a 1000 words, this one speaks much more.
- Absolute joy on the twisties.
- Raspy petrol engine note in the higher revs.
- Best steering feel.
- Excellent ride & even better handling.
- Heavy doors & overall solid build.
- Gorgeous Italian looks 💙
Attached Thumbnails
Which of your cars do you love the most?-20201008_124849.jpg  

John316_WRC is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 13:18   #38
BHPian

Of all the cars I have owned and driven, the two closet to my heart will always be my mark III city and my gypsy. Whereas the city was a fantastic daily drive and occasionally brought out the spirited driver in me, the gypsy had loads of character and took me on numerous adventurous drives on sundays. Will never forget these two.
Attached Thumbnails
Which of your cars do you love the most?-img_20140906_094621924_hdr.jpg  

Which of your cars do you love the most?-img_20140911_151335416.jpg  

Which of your cars do you love the most?-20131229_210421.jpg  

Which of your cars do you love the most?-img_6716.jpg  

urban legend is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 13:33   #39

I love both the cars I owned. But the most loved one is my first Car Fiat Grande Punto Dynamic variant which I bought on 2012. This car was like a family member. Lots of good memories.
Punto left us on 2019 and make way for VW Polo GT TSI
Attached Thumbnails
Which of your cars do you love the most?-img_1247.jpg  

Which of your cars do you love the most?-img_3653.jpg  

Which of your cars do you love the most?-img_2040.jpg  

nihasbabu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 13:50   #40
BHPian

Both of my two most loved cars clocked around 1 lakh kilometers with memorable road trips that I cherish. Both cars were love at first drive!

Audi A3 35 TDI Premium Plus

German build quality, rock solid stability, Fast & Frugal Engine and Looks to die for!

I still miss the 2.0 TDI's diesel torque & the ride quality. Always returned more than 14kmpl in Mumbai and could do 150kmph all day long. Kalina Audi service quality is good but they are always on the lookout for stripping your wallet (had couple of instances where I felt cheated so much that I lost trust in the brand). Its a great car noneless except the poor backseat.

Which of your cars do you love the most?-68cfb957a3714459ac120852ca7c9317.jpeg

Swift VDI

This was my first love at first drive. The 1.3 Multijet just floored me with its torque and mature nature. 10 years later, this Car is still with us and feels so good to take her out. Recently did a suspension overhaul and tyre upgrade to make her more livable.

Which of your cars do you love the most?-c3ddeeb59f014231abf3f10742de3ffe.jpeg
rahulsharma2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 13:52   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Since 2 decades, this Jeep has been the favourite from my garage. The slowest & most impractical, but oozing with character. The car just makes me feel good, there's no other way to explain it. With a heavy heart though, I'll be putting her up for sale in a year or two, to make way for the 2nd-gen Thar.

Had some insane memories with her:
Attachment 2064139

Attachment 2064140

Attachment 2064141
MIKA RULES!...Nice!
Which of your cars do you love the most?-rush.png

I just hope its this Mika:

Which of your cars do you love the most?-mika-hak.jpg

And not this one:

Which of your cars do you love the most?-mika-s.jpeg

Both were quite popular 20 years back.
There are things which we regret doing in our younger days so nobody is judging
racer_7 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 15:38   #42

For me the 'Love' quotient to cars is a product of the experiences shared in them, and the emotions and nostalgia they evoke. I still remember 'borrowing' my parents Maruti 800 and going for joy rides with friends, and the pure-fun moments those rides brought about. Memories we cherish and talk about some 20 years later.
Back in 2008 I was gifted a Swift VXI by parents, it was a loyal 'partner' that travelled the length and breadth of the country with me. From the streets of Bangalore to the heights of Reckong peo and Kalpa in the Kinnaur district of HP.
Fast forward to the current decade, I have owned (and experimented with) six different cars. But the love and fascination with my current ride is simply unparalleled. My BMW 325i convertible puts a smile on my face day-in day-out!

Which of your cars do you love the most?-img_3345.jpg
thesquaremile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 15:57   #43

My first car was a Maruti Zen. I had ICE'd it to my taste. Very reliable car and had a good sounding audio system. However, the car I love the most was a Mitsubishi Lancer. It was black (black magic). If you see the colour of the car in the Sun, it looked a dark shade of mettalic green - hence the name "Black Magic".

It had a motorized double din CDP and philips holland 4 channel power ampifier. A pioneer CD-changer, pioneer 12" sub-woofer, a set of 9x6 speakers and a component in the front. It was quite bad-ass.

I had upsized the tyres/wheels to 15". Had a Simota intake filter and a performance exhaust. It was an extremely sweet ride.

The car had a measly 87bhp and quite poor low end torque.
Still I loved it to pieces and regret it till date for selling the same.

I currently drive a F10 520D 2017 Msport as my daily driver. Lancer is a far-cry from the 5er. But, first loves are impossible to forget.

Life is good!
Old 8th October 2020, 16:14   #44
BHPian

Has to be my beloved Honda City 3rd Gen - What a wonderful car!! Gave her off to a persistent buyer after 6 years of use. Except for the low ground clearance and poor equipment, the car was just fantastic. Extremely low maintenance, highly reliable and when it moves it has a class! Also the car was one of the luckiest I have owned.

Picture taken a day before I handed over the car.

Which of your cars do you love the most?-honda.jpg

Taken a few days after delivery. This is also right after getting her detailed for the very first time by Ultimate Detailerz

Which of your cars do you love the most?-photo.jpg

Which of your cars do you love the most?-wp_20141204_035.jpg
sudeepg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 16:17   #45
BHPian

Definitely has to be the first new car I ever bought on my own, the MK V GTI with DSG gearbox and pedal shifters. Had to be one of the saddest day of my life when I had to sell the car while moving back to India.
Attached Thumbnails
Which of your cars do you love the most?-212921e6540c4322b9691f488f290f75.jpeg  

AyushB is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks