Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:27   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The 1.5l will be atleast 80bhp. done done.
What 1.5 is being talked about here?

Superavi
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:28   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tell me that 1.5l will be atleast 80bhp. pls pls
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The 1.5l will be atleast 80bhp. done done.
Where did the 1.5 come into picture from?
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Hopefully the common man likes it. So far whatever the enthusiast community liked has been voted down by the mass buyers.
I dont think thats quite right, Mpower. For one a majority of the Palios sold were probably the 1.2 - calling that variant an 'enthusiasts car' would be stretching the imagination.

Secondly, its not just the FE that brought its sales down. In fact from what we hear on the board here the FE isnt all that bad.

The "common man" is also worried about the reliability of the car, the dependability of the brand, support, spares, etc. If the 1.2 had all these it would've been a runaway success.

I cannot see a change in perception - what Fiat needed was a brand new car, not a revised version of the same old car. For the 'common man' the current brand is a 'failure' - a common man will not put his money down on something that has failed in the past.
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Of all the ....

Dude, first of all you are comparing a 100 bhp petrol to a Multijet Diesel.
You got it wrong. He was comparing the 87BHP Swift Petrol with 100BHP Palio 1.6.
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite View Post
You got it wrong. He was comparing the 87BHP Swift Petrol with 100BHP Palio 1.6.
In that case, I stand corrected. BTW, whats the cc of the multijet?
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:39   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In that case, I stand corrected. BTW, whats the cc of the multijet?
Its a 16v 1248 cc 4 cylinder in line engine.
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Its a 16v 1248 cc 4 cylinder in line engine.
Okay. Another 1.3. All I can think in terms of are - 1.6 petrol and 1.3 JTD. Too much Fiat on my head. LOL. Whats the power rating moral?
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:43   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi View Post
What 1.5 is being talked about here?

Superavi
Quote:
Where did the 1.5 come into picture from?
I suspect the sought-after MultiJet
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:46   #39
Team-BHP Support

If Tata has a significant hand in the Fiat Stilo, it will not come in diesel, only petrol.
And I agree with one thing here, they should have launched a new car. Its a 5 year old car with new tail lamps. Tata can afford to do that since indica was never a flop, but when you kill a brand you need to bring in a new one.
Fiat 1.6 can be called the enthusiasts car, but people who put 4-5L on a car look at FE more than power. As for the 1.2/1.1 there is nothing special about it. It does not have any Unique Selling Proposition. There is nothing a 50-70bhp Palio offers which you can't get in a swift/getz/indica etc., 3-5L is the VFM segment. If you car goes 2 seconds quicker around the track it will not give you more sales, however if it gives 2kmpl more than the competitor it will sell.
Fiat need to do something radical, introduce new models, show the buyer that there are committed to stay in the Indian market, rather than sell detuned Palio's with new lights
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:49   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Okay. Another 1.3. All I can think in terms of are - 1.6 petrol and 1.3 JTD. Too much Fiat on my head. LOL. Whats the power rating moral?
70 bhp and 145 Nm torque (14.8 kgm) at just 1500 rpm!

I read somewhere on the forum that they came up with a 120 bhp version from the same 1.3 which has been put in a Lancia.

Quote:
I suspect the sought-after MultiJet
It is available in 1.3, 1.9 and 2.4, make a choice .

JTD engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

anyone knows if theres any change in the suspension or anything else in the new palio ?
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I read somewhere on the forum that they came up with a 120 bhp version from the same 1.3 which has been put in a Lancia.

1.3 Multijet 16V delivering 105 bhp at 4000 rpm and torque of 200 Nm (20.4 kgm) at 1750. It was on a concept Lancia called Ypsilon sport by MOMO design

Courtesy : Lancia at Geneva International Motor Show
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:24   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Is the Swift that much smaller? Or does the high waistline give it the illusion of being more cramped?
surely not. it is really unfair to compare the rear of the Palio with the rear of the Swift which is indeed cramped. The high waistline, to me, only enhances the claustrophobic feeling.
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If Tata has a significant hand in the Fiat Stilo, it will not come in diesel, only petrol.
And I agree with one thing here, they should have launched a new car. Its a 5 year old car with new tail lamps. Tata can afford to do that since indica was never a flop, but when you kill a brand you need to bring in a new one.
Fiat 1.6 can be called the enthusiasts car, but people who put 4-5L on a car look at FE more than power. As for the 1.2/1.1 there is nothing special about it. It does not have any Unique Selling Proposition. There is nothing a 50-70bhp Palio offers which you can't get in a swift/getz/indica etc., 3-5L is the VFM segment. If you car goes 2 seconds quicker around the track it will not give you more sales, however if it gives 2kmpl more than the competitor it will sell.
Fiat need to do something radical, introduce new models, show the buyer that there are committed to stay in the Indian market, rather than sell detuned Palio's with new lights
Bets post on this thread.. They should have come up with something new, also as previous discussions go the 1.2 was belived to be underpowered for Palio's weight, I wonder how will the 1.1 ltr engine help.

soem one said about rear seat space wrt to Swift, from my personal experience I have found both of them to be pretty similar with Swift slightly bigger at rear.
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

Dear All,

Had been to the Wasan TATA today for the test drive of the Palio Stile. Here are a few impressions:

Looks and Build: Tough and Long lasting.
Braking: Decent enough though the brakes need to be pushed a bit hard .but the car didn't skid. (80-0)
Front: Ventilated Discs
Rear: Drums
Interiors: OK Types
SLE has power windows only on the front.

Someone asked about the suspension, its still the same.
Front: Mcpherson
Rear: Torsion Axle, Coil Springs
Rock Solid. Somehow I didn't like the Grey part of the grill, Also, I was expecting a Red Logo of Fiat.
Weight:990 (1.1) 1060 (1.6)
Warranty: 18 months unlimited kms and 18 months extended warranty.

Pickup - Good for a 57 BHP car. It took the weight of her's with ease.
A/C: Chilling. The AC is simply superb.

Colors: only 6: Mint White, Ozone Blue, Alpine Green, Magnesium Grey, Furnace Red and Carbon Black (Maruti!!!). Sadly even the 1.6 doesn't come with Canary Yellow.

Pictures: would be posted by EOD today.

PS: I checked with the sales exec and he said it should be priced competively and it should be out by 5th April, 2007. Also, they expect it to sell more in numbers now.

Further, the DIESEL engine would come only with the Grande Punto in 2008 (The sales executive knew about it.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks