Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2007, 11:25   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Six pages and 85 posts about a detuned car with new headlamps is not a "whisper", typeO.

Dont mind us - enjoy your day of glory.
Sarcasm noted. But if it bothers some people, then why get in here in the first place? Is there a load on the server? If so delete the topic. Do the 'Fiat boys' go about asking what the great hullabullo is all about on other threads about other cars? No, right? So comments like these and some more that follow are kind of in poor taste. And coming from you, who should be objective, it is pretty rich. 'Day of glory' indeed mate. Once again, if someone does not like Fiat based threads, then please don't come in mate. Snigger and sigh if you wish but off the thread.

P.S. Lets take this onto PMs if you wish.
Old 4th April 2007, 11:30   #107
Senior - BHPian

Guys, You two are the most respected people on TBHP. I would request not to take this discussion to a personal level and just cut it short. I am sorry I am Poking my nose but I think we are going off topic. Time will tell whether Fiat makes money or loses money...isnt it?

MODS: I guess this is off topic but still would request you to keep this post for sometime.

Thanks!
Old 4th April 2007, 11:31   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Look, end of the day, there's no smoke without fire. And if Fiat has a crappy reputation, it probably deserves it. You don't see people bashing Maruti.
Dude, if you look closely enough, the people who curse Fiat (the company) the most are Fiat owners themselves. There is a lot in what you say. It is true. Good car, awful management. But there should be something that makes people passionate about it too right? So yeah, there is no smoke without fire. In any case, if people have issues with celebrations on when Fiat launches a car or when it sneezes, then why get into the thread and create a situation? Let the ones who care about the slightest nod from Fiat come here and celebrate.
Old 4th April 2007, 11:40   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Dude, if you look closely enough, the people who curse Fiat (the company) the most are Fiat owners themselves. There is a lot in what you say. It is true. Good car, awful management. But there should be something that makes people passionate about it too right? So yeah, there is no smoke without fire. In any case, if people have issues with celebrations on when Fiat launches a car or when it sneezes, then why get into the thread and create a situation? Let the ones who care about the slightest nod from Fiat come here and celebrate.
Good point typo, but I think us "Disgrunted fiat customers" who think "Fiat is upto no good" due to large amount of money wasted and headache got from the company think otherwise they have their point. It is after all about opinions. Some people will be passionate, some people will hate fiat, some will be neutral. One thread will change nobody's opinions.

MOD HAT ON:
So lets just discuss the launch, and refrain from the why's and how's if Fiat Love or Hate. There is no black or white, its all grey
cheers:
Old 4th April 2007, 11:52   #110
Senior - BHPian

Agreed tsk. It really is all about opinions, black, white and grey. That of Fiat haters and Fiat lovers.

RESPONSIBLE FORUM MEMBER HAT ON:
Any news on the pricing yet?
Old 4th April 2007, 12:15   #111
BHPian

Some bad news and some good :-

The bad first - Petra will not be manufactured any more.No future sedan to be launched on the 178 platform in India.

The good - Facelifted Adventure will be launched some time this year.

No news about the JTD yet.

I think the idea is -
1) Make Palio the bread and butter model that Fiat always wanted.
2) Have a niche product like the Adventure in Fiat's portfolio.
3) Launch the Grande Punto as a premium hatchback competing against the likes of Fabia, Honda Jazz and Toyota's future hatch.
4) Linea would serve as the premium sedan in the line-up.

Looks good on paper.But its always been good on paper for Fiat. Just like the Indian cricket team. Neither of them perform upto their potential.

As far as the discussions on this thread are concerned, I think the number of posts on a forum are directly proportional to the popularity of the product on this forum. So if Palio has good number of followers or " Fiat boys" on this forum, so be it.

Whatever it is, I think it is a reasonable achievement for Fiat to have reached this far in India. There was a time when people on this forum were contemplating on when Fiat India would most likely close down its operations in India.So keeping that in mind, I think Fiat has responded well enough and the results are there to see- A brand new plant, a car that is virtually flawless NOW and ready to take on the market, and a future that promises really good cars and technologies and most importantly, the A.S.S which is showing signs of improvement.
I am optimistic about the brand and I am secure enough about the fact that I can now hopefully keep my S10 with me for years to come.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:26   #112
Senior - BHPian

roms

a while back there was a white adventure (facelifted model) shown in a pic on a thread here. not sure where that thread is though, i wanted to know whether that will be the facelift or also improvements in terms of FE and overall weight?

sriky
Old 4th April 2007, 12:33   #113
Senior - BHPian

The facelifted Adventure looks more like a normal estate car and lacks the masculine looks of the current one. There's no bull bar either. Abroad, the Adventure comes with a 1.8 litre 120 BHP engine (which is what it should have ideally) but there are no plans to introduce that engine here.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:55   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
roms

a while back there was a white adventure (facelifted model) shown in a pic on a thread here. not sure where that thread is though, i wanted to know whether that will be the facelift or also improvements in terms of FE and overall weight?

sriky
yes, the facelifted adventure will look like the one you must have seen on this forum. IMO though, the new Adventure does not even look half as good as the current one being sold.
I agree with directinjection, it looks more of an estate car now.But maybe they will add the bull bar and some more plastic cladding in the Indian version.
Fuel efficiency will depend on what engine they provide in the new adventure.I hope they provide the JTD in the adventure, atleast the 1.3 90bhp version with VGT for starters.
Old 4th April 2007, 13:08   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
I hope they provide the JTD in the adventure, atleast the 1.3 90bhp version with VGT for starters.
Only if wisheswere horses, I would have booked the Fiat Palio Stile yesterday itself...the site is yet to Open where as Estilo/Spark sites are (were) active well before their launch!
Old 4th April 2007, 13:11   #116
Senior - BHPian

I still feel Fiat are flogging a dead horse by launching the Stile.. But I guess they are in no position to launch the Grande Punto any time soon and needed some car to fill the "gap" in the timeframe to avoid the "Out of sight, out of mind" marketing scenario.

After all, they have a brand new factory sitting in Pune and a "borrowed" dealer network from TATA's.
Old 4th April 2007, 13:24   #117
BHPian

These great pictures, by Karl..should be winner if they get the A.S.S and pricing spot on..still lot of Palio loyalist out there..before the grand punto comes in..
Old 4th April 2007, 17:54   #118
Senior - BHPian

Pardon me for my ignorance..

the good old Taxi's in Mumbai are 1.1 L (1960s technology)

and the current palio seems to have an engine with same capacity..and the power..well old premier padminis used to have about 40bhp(they were not mpfi i guess)

and current palio is suppose to generate 55 BHP..

Does it mean, the same old engine has been re worked and is launched as palio??

can any of the Gurus shed some light?
Old 4th April 2007, 18:01   #119
Senior - BHPian

Are you seriously comparing the palio with the padmini ???
Old 4th April 2007, 18:03   #120
Team-BHP Support

Run Rajshenoy RUNNN!

Most Viewed