Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2007, 21:12   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
If every now n then "all new" cars from TATA and M&M can attract such a response, why cant FIAT...

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
We get it, the thread is all yours! May it flourish to a million posts and a thousand pages.

BTW, we have already had a 321 post, pre-launch thread, if somebody is keeping track of the numbers that is.

BTW 2: I don't like, the previous shape was more timeless. And please, the Palio 1.6 does not THRASH the Swift. The Swift holds it's own very well for 300cc and one camshaft less, and 3 kmpl more. Not to start a war, I love Palio too, but just getting the facts straight for those who were straying away from them.

Last edited by ported_head : 3rd April 2007 at 21:17.
Old 3rd April 2007, 23:36   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
The Swift holds it's own very well for 300cc and one camshaft less, and 3 kmpl more.
Well, its like saying Maruti 800 holds its own very well for the 500 more cc less and tonnes more less....and 8-9Kmpl more... and expecting not to spark a debate
Old 3rd April 2007, 23:40   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
the 1.1 surely seems to be the UNO engine. Coz they have termed it as the FIRE engine.

I also see that the 1.6 has also lost 20kgs from its belly.

Yes...from the spec sheet and capacity..it is the same engine that powered UNO. But the refinement has improved alot.
It has got a better intake system.
Old 4th April 2007, 00:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

Look, end of the day, there's no smoke without fire. And if Fiat has a crappy reputation, it probably deserves it. You don't see people bashing Maruti. And despite all their niggles, the Indica and now the Dicor are selling like hot cakes. And you can cry hoarse about a good car and bad backup, but the company is what you're buying into when you buy the car. You're paying for their inefficiency and stupidity. Which is something I cannot stomach.
Old 4th April 2007, 00:28   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Well, its like saying Maruti 800 holds its own very well for the 500 more cc less and tonnes more less....and 8-9Kmpl more... and expecting not to spark a debate
Fiat Palio
0-100kmph 11.19 seconds
40-100kmph in 4th Gear 18.7 seconds
Maruti Swift
0-100kmph 12.29 seconds
40-100kmph in 4th gear 21.88 seconds

So how does the Palio "Thrash" swift may I ask. There is a slight difference in performance, thats it.
Old 4th April 2007, 00:28   #96
BHPian

But it looks like the interiors are the same as the old palio.Is it?
Old 4th April 2007, 00:29   #97
Senior - BHPian

Swift handles way better, too.
Old 4th April 2007, 00:55   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Fiat Palio
0-100kmph 11.19 seconds
40-100kmph in 4th Gear 18.7 seconds
Maruti Swift
0-100kmph 12.29 seconds
40-100kmph in 4th gear 21.88 seconds

So how does the Palio "Thrash" swift may I ask. There is a slight difference in performance, thats it.
Drive both yourself and feel the difference it might be a second or two but its more than enough to t(h)rash a Swift hands down. Its doesnt even stand a chance... heck why are we even compairing the two, Palio's engine is a lot better.

@Viper... No way dude.... it just can't match the stability and the handling of the 1.6, remember its got stiffer suspension than the 1.2 sibling (now the 1.1) besides Palio sits lower, has lower center of gravity.
A 1.6 would still run rings around it.

P.S. Also the 40-100 kmph in 4th is more than 3 seconds faster which isnt slight by any means!

Last edited by extreme_torque : 4th April 2007 at 00:59.
Old 4th April 2007, 01:20   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
And you can cry hoarse about a good car and bad backup, but the company is what you're buying into when you buy the car. You're paying for their inefficiency and stupidity. Which is something I cannot stomach.
Viper, I just cannot understand that is we Fiat owners who paid our hard earned money and bought our Cars, but why is that causing pain in your stomach???

Please stop talking in the air and please talk facts. It is funny that some who have never owned/driven Fiat cars are bad mouthing Fiat & its cars for no damn reason! Please desist!
Old 4th April 2007, 01:23   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Swift handles way better, too.
Palio handles much better than Swift!
Ask someone who has driven both the Cars!

Post edited by Team-BHP Support : Watch the language

Last edited by GTO : 4th April 2007 at 10:09.
finneyp is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th April 2007, 02:47   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Bull s**t, Palio handles much better than Swift!
Ask someone who has driven both the Cars!
Ask me driven both of them drove the 1.6 palio and the swift

i would say that the palio wins hands down way better car to owned that swift it handles like a dream i would love to get the new palio with 1.3 d engine
Old 4th April 2007, 04:16   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Viper, I just cannot understand that is we Fiat owners who paid our hard earned money and bought our Cars, but why is that causing pain in your stomach???

Please stop talking in the air and please talk facts. It is funny that some who have never owned/driven Fiat cars are bad mouthing Fiat & its cars for no damn reason! Please desist!
My dear fellow, my father has bought two Fiat cars with his own hard earned money. I have vivid memories of pushing them. I have automotive engineering friends who were given rusted Palios and had they not been thus educated, would have lived with them. I have streetraced these same friends' (replaced) Palios and seen them limp home after a single hit on the limiter. My poor little Santro had no such issues.

The Fiats are nice cars and all. But like I said, there's no smoke without fire.

@finneyp, manikjeet, extreme_torque: I have driven enough Fiat cars to come to an opinion. New ones, old ones, used ones, abused ones, modded ones. I was the first to drive a Palio 1.6 that you guys would give an arm to own, Harrie's car. And you can ask him how well (or badly) the suspension copes with a 15% increase in power. Not that it was some great handler in stock form. Turbo Swifts, or ones with G16B engines seem to have no such problems. Also please realise, when I say handling, I do not refer (exclusively) to high-speed stability. I'm sure the Phantom and the S-Class are rock-steady at 250 kmph, a speed that a Miata or MR-S would struggle to reach. I'm equally sure they're not as great handlers as the latter are.

@finneyp: Please stop referring to what I say as bullsh*t. This is an open forum, and I am here expecting that other members are mature enough to desist from personal attacks in the event that people do not kow-tow to them. And I HAVE driven both the cars.
Old 4th April 2007, 10:47   #103
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: Please keep this civil, no need to get defensive here. Everybody has right to opinions, if you disagree please post in a civil matter
Old 4th April 2007, 10:49   #104
BHPian

Fiat's web-site

Fiat India's website fiat-india.com says that site inaugartaion on 4th April 2007. So today we can get all the info we want.
Old 4th April 2007, 11:00   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Fiat India's website fiat-india.com says that site inaugartaion on 4th April 2007. So today we can get all the info we want.
Fiat people are slow starters. They might not have changed the calender.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks