Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2020, 00:46   #16
BHPian

Re: Online RC Transfer through the Vahan portal

Quote:
1. Original RC
2. Valid insurance (Copy)
3. Valid pollution under control certificate (Copy)
4. Form 29 signed by the seller ( print out of the Auto generated pre-filled Form 29 and 30 from the website - 2 Copies)
5. Form 30 signed by the seller and the buyer (2 copies)
6. Buyer's proof of identity and address. I included my passport copy as valid supporting document.
Recently, I transferred ownership to my name via an agent and all it took was original RC, Insurance copy, aadhar card copy of myself and the seller and Rs 800/-. Me and the seller just handed over the papers to the agent and we didnt have to sign anywhere. Wonder how he did that.

Last edited by Renjith Rajan : 14th October 2020 at 00:54. Reason: Adding context
Old 14th October 2020, 00:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renjith Rajan View Post
Recently, I transferred ownership to my name via an agent and all it took was original RC, Insurance copy, aadhar card copy of myself and the seller and Rs 800/-. Me and the seller just handed over the papers to the agent and we didnt have sign anywhere. Wonder how he did that.
Well, I suspect a signature forgery there. Without Seller and buyer signing the appropriate forms, there is no actual transfer of ownership possible! I advice you to change your signature in that case
Old 14th October 2020, 15:17   #18
BANNED

When transferring from RTO with a high road tax like in Bangalore to another state RTO with lower road tax - do we get a refund of the road tax and let the buyer pay the local road tax at their local rates afresh?
Old 15th October 2020, 00:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
This is one window which can still allow corruption, don't make sense to take print-out and stand in Q and submit it. There is no reason to be physically present as there is no requirement of test, etc if all documents are perfect.

As long as you allow RTOs to call public to their office this is just for bribe i believe, so they have kept this window open, else how long it will take to automate this process also ?
+ 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
This process should be automated too, but I doubt whether there is any corruption. One needs to simply submit the forms, not ask for anything in return. This may be kept so to keep the agents still in business. If everything would be online, there would be no need for agents.
Usually any involvement of agents or middle-men is a sign of shady/corrupt practices. Honestly, I did not see any benefit of the online application based on recent experience with Gurgaon RTO. Considering it eliminates no step from the overall process and final acceptance is offline at the discretion of the RTO officer, the only thing you end up achieving online is some data entry and fees payment.

The way I see it - anyone who has had good experience with online process would have had the same experience if they had done the offline process. So rather than crediting Vahan portal's online application process, I would say that some RTOs have decided to make the life of common citizens simpler. It really doesn't matter whether you go via online route or offline.

My actual experience is posted here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4902391 (Moving a car between States - Transfer, road tax, refund etc.)
warrioraks is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 11:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB999 View Post
Token amount choice is ours. I demanded full amount before TO and received it and that should be the ideal method I believe.
I am trying to see this from the buyer point of view. After paying full amount and not getting hold of the car till the TO docs are submitted and process is complete. Isn't there a risk to the buyer here?

What if the seller does not submits the docs? What if the docs application is rejected by RTO for any reason? What if the car met with an accident during this period?

Is there a stamp paper agreement to hold liability during this period?
fordday is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 15:04   #21
BHPian

I transferred the RC of my pre-owned car in 2015 through an agent. It was transferred from a Rewari RTO to Gurgaon RTO within Haryana so no need to change the vehicle number (that's what I was told by the agent). What I got is the same RC with signatures and stamps from both RTOs with my name and address written by hand on the back side of RC.
Now I am going to exchange this car with a new one and I have been told it is still showing under old registered name online. The insurance validity is correct (insurance is in my name) but on Vahan website, they show only validity date, not name of insurance holder.

Any suggestion on how to resolve this?
Old 6th January 2021, 23:24   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Now I am going to exchange this car with a new one and I have been told it is still showing under old registered name online. The insurance validity is correct (insurance is in my name) but on Vahan website, they show only validity date, not name of insurance holder.

Any suggestion on how to resolve this?
Did you solved the problem, I'm also having the issue vahan site not showing my name.
Old 18th March 2021, 16:32   #23
BHPian

When I check the details of a motorcycle at Parivahan site, it shows the below message.

Parivahan site shows this message:

Alert!!Vehicle registration status found active in more than one RTO/ State, Please contact respective RTO for de-activation of vehicle registration as per your requirement.

The vehicle registration was done KA51 (Electronic City) in 2016. It shows as Chandapura RTO as per welcome message in parivahan site. Looks like I have to do everything manually instead of online form submission and payment. Am I right on assuming that I have to visit Chandapura RTO for this?
Old 20th March 2021, 15:04   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvinod View Post
Did you solved the problem, I'm also having the issue vahan site not showing my name.
Insurance owner details are not shown in parivahaan. It is presumed that the current owner as per registration certificate has to ensure that the insurance ownership is get transferred to them. RC name transfer is the primary task to be done and then apply for insurance name transfer (Transfer fee: Rs. 60). You will be issued with a Transfer Policy Document
Old 30th March 2021, 16:13   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romins View Post
When I check the details of a motorcycle at Parivahan site, it shows the below message.

Parivahan site shows this message:

Alert!!Vehicle registration status found active in more than one RTO/ State, Please contact respective RTO for de-activation of vehicle registration as per your requirement.
Same issue for me, Ind RTO was the original registration and then was registerd in my name in Electronic City. Now the site wont allow any transaction to be done online. Silly and rather stupid system, what is the use if they can't resolve such basic issues online itself!

Did anyone found a solution to this issue?
Old 30th March 2021, 16:21   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Did anyone found a solution to this issue?
You can go to RTO where your vehicle is registered currently and submit application offline, it should be ECity in your case.

I got my RC transfer done with the help of an agent, because ECity RTO is very crowded, even on a weekday. It was done in one week.

Last edited by Romins : 30th March 2021 at 16:22. Reason: typo
Romins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 16:46   #27
BHPian

The online rc transfer option sounds complicated but it’s more transparent as it involves sending an otp to the present owner and authenticating the sale. I did the same while I did transfer of my Millecento to my name ,was hassle free .
Old 16th July 2021, 23:10   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
What if the seller does not submits the docs? What if the docs application is rejected by RTO for any reason? What if the car met with an accident during this period? Is there a stamp paper agreement to hold liability during this period?
Even I had the same questions as fordday. Additionally, to ensure proper precautions, I realized that we needed a step by step process. Please correct this if it is wrong.
1. Find a buyer.
2. Buyer examines vehicle and gives a demand draft or transfers the full payment for the vehicle to my bank account.
3. Buyer hands over details to fill in the Vaahan portal.
4. I go to the bank and verify if the demand draft is genuine.
5. I fill in the transfer form on the Vaahan portal and pay the fees for it.
6. Take a printout of the auto-generated form 29 and 30.
7. Go to the RTO accompanied by the buyer, sign the forms, buy a self-addressed envelope from the RTO ground floor and submit the forms.
8. Once ownership transfer is done by the RTO, the RTO sends the new RC to the buyer and only now I hand over the vehicle to the buyer.

Is this correct (specifically the parts marked in bold)? Rather than go through all this, I was considering selling the vehicle to Bimal or TVS or Bikes24. But I was worried about whether they provide a written guarantee that the ownership transfer will be done to the new buyer.
Old 11th November 2021, 18:36   #29

If I buy a vehicle from another state and provided I have all the required documents along with the NOC, will I have to pay road tax as well if I apply for the registration of the vehicle in my state?
Old 17th November 2021, 08:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavBHP View Post
7. Go to the RTO accompanied by the buyer, sign the forms, buy a self-addressed envelope from the RTO ground floor and submit the forms.
Is going to buyer's RTO mandatory for the seller too? Any reasons why? Shouldn't the buyer take all the forms and submit to his RTO jurisdiction on his own?
In the Selling your car thread, one of the step was to submit the copies of all documents related to car to the buyer's RTO by the seller through a registered post so as to ensure the intimation of the car transfer to absolve any liability. Is that process still reqd considered that the transfer of ownership was done online?

I have almost finalized my car sale to a within state buyer. Hence thinking of using the online services on Parivahan website. My steps are as below, experts can comment.
1. Buyer visits the seller to check the car.
2. Buyer completes the funds transfer online & shares the reqd details for online TO
3. Seller applies online for TO in Parivahan website, pays the stipulated fees, takes print of the reqd documents
4. Seller hands the documents to buyer for TO at his RTO
5. Seller couriers the copy of documents to buyer's RTO
6. Buyer shares the change of ownership on RC
7. Buyer applies for Insurance ownership transfer
8. Seller applies for NCB

Anything I should be concerned or extra cautious about. Buyer is not an known acquaintance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks