Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2020, 11:50   #1
BHPian

Volvo India recalls passenger vehicles (Bleeder Hose Recall)

Team,

It has come to my attention that Volvo is recalling certain models in India
This is regarding the bleeder hose , reason being that Air bubbles may remain in the engine’s cooling system after filling with coolant.

Consequently, the cooling of the engine might be impaired, causing the engine to overheat, leading to its damage or even to fire.

I too got a call from KIFS and was surprised cause just last year I got the Fuel Hose replaced and I hadn't read anything about the Bleeder Hose Recall. I asked them to send me an official email which they did. Enclosing the same here.

Models globally effected are Volvo Model: S80, S60, V70, XC70, S60cc, V60, XC60, V60cc, V40 and V40cc & The vehicles in question were manufactured between 2014 and 2018. Source

To all Volvo owners, your dealership should contact you, if they don't check with them at the earliest or during your next service. Also after the work is carried out, take a confirmation of the same in writing or an email, REMEMBER to do this to safeguard your self incase of any problem in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo India recalls passenger vehicles (Bleeder Hose Recall)-screenshot-20201014-11.42.23.png  

Y@SH is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 16:45   #2
BHPian

Re: Volvo India recalls passenger vehicles (Bleeder Hose Recall)

Does anyone have pictures of this bleeder hose we're talking about?
Old 18th October 2020, 12:15   #3
BHPian

Well if you’re in chennai you can pretty much ignore this and hope for the best instead. With our dealer shutting down and no word on what is to come from Volvo, we can rest assured no one is reaching out to us regarding a recall. Bravo Volvo. Bravo.
Old 30th October 2020, 14:00   #4
BHPian

It looks like I need to get this checked since I am getting the vehicle serviced next week at Martial Volvo Bangalore. The plight of Chennai Volvo customers sucks at the moment yes!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks