Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2020, 17:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Red & White special edition Volkswagen Polo & Vento launched

Volkswagen has launched Red & White special editions of the Polo and Vento. The cars are offered at an introductory price of Rs. 9.19 lakh and Rs. 11.49 lakh (ex-showroom) respectively.

Red & White special edition Volkswagen Polo & Vento launched-volksfest_redwhite.jpg

The Polo and Vento Red & White special editions are based on the Highline AT variants. The cars come with body side stripes, gloss black or white roof and colour coordinated ORVMs.

Red & White special edition Volkswagen Polo & Vento launched-polo_redwhite.jpg

Both the Polo and Vento are powered by a BS6-compliant 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine that produces 108 BHP and 175 Nm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox. The ARAI-certified fuel efficiency of the Polo AT BS6 is 16.47 km/l, while that of the Vento is 16.35 km/l.

Red & White special edition Volkswagen Polo & Vento launched-vento_redwhite.jpg

The Red & White special editions are available in three colour options - Flash Red, Sunset Red and Candy White depending on the model.

Customers can book the Red & White variants of Polo and Vento through Volkswagen’s online retail platform or by visiting their nearest Volkswagen dealership.

Red & White special edition Volkswagen Polo & Vento launched-gearbox.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 15th October 2020 at 17:54.
TusharK is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 17:47   #2
BHPian

Re: Red & White special edition Volkswagen Polo & Vento launched

Just one more stupid special edition. White with red roof or lapiz blue with white racing stripes is something which would have caught the eye but I doubt anything like this is there.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 17:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

The name reminds me of cheap cigarette brand that one of leading Bollywood superstars promoted few years ago.
The Red & White combination is tacky to me, but the black one is better, only if it had also black alloys.
Somehow adds to long list of limited editions from VW.
IMO the Rapid looks younger than the Polo which looks mature & falling out of fashion (auto designing).
CARDEEP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 18:23   #4
BHPian

Such a sad effort from VW ... the folks up in Wolfsburg and India HQ would be smoking something serious if they thought that stickering would help sell cars that were built a decade and a half back ... get us the new golf and we can talk ... until then I would stay away from VW
INNOVATOR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 18:43   #5
BHPian

Ohh no! I was expecting the Burgundy Cyan Super limited Ultra IPL Popat Banaya Edition. That would have been great to recommend others to buy and possibly even become a collectors car in India, cause the Red White edition just doesn't cut the mustard for me.

Seriously, I think VW India is trolling us at this point. I'm sure the current Managing Director of VW group India must be big prankster back in his school days and eventually ended up in the wrong profession to continue playing his pranks.
As a 2018 Polo owner, I already feel embarrassed enough seeing a new lame limited edition roll out every few months; I can only imagine what must be going through the head of a 2010 Polo owner.
Starfire is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 19:10   #6
BHPian

What beautiful cars !!
Could be subject of another poll, what’s the consensus on Skoda vs Volkswagen in 2020?

Last edited by nandadevieast : 15th October 2020 at 19:16.
Old 15th October 2020, 19:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

They are managing to sell 3000 of PQ 25 units every month an india and yet they come up with all this nonsense. They just want to stay in the news that we are alive thats it.
Pubic and media have given the word "timelessness" again and again to their head honchos and SAVWIPL have ensured that PQ25 becomes "Immortal forever".
sidindica is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 20:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
Ohh no! I was expecting the Burgundy Cyan Super limited Ultra IPL Popat Banaya Edition.
I was ROFL when I read this Starfire

It is really sad to see such nice products being destroyed and defamed so badly by the makers. I really used to believe that Maruti Suzuki engineers are the best at copying designs from every other manufacturer in the country. Seems like VAG India folks are stealing from our desi boys with such lame "Limited Edition" attempts.

There is a speculation/rumor that International Polo is getting a facelift:
https://www.carscoops.com/2020/10/is...da-fabia-mule/

And here in India, VW are still flogging the ancient Polo around.

I really think VW India must shut their ops for a month and uplift themselves!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 22:59   #9
BHPian

This kind of marketing and ever increasing special editions take away from the credibility of otherwise excellent products that are Polo and Vento, despite their age. If you remove the mental block about the "old platform" and focus on the merits, they're still good for a lot of people. Unfortunately VW India is hell bent on making a joke out of them.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 13:07   #10
BHPian

How the Polo has eveolved over the last 10 years.
More like Hocus Focus
Red & White special edition Volkswagen Polo & Vento launched-screenshot-20201016-12.59.33-pm.png

And how the i20 evolved
Red & White special edition Volkswagen Polo & Vento launched-screenshot-20201016-1.04.13-pm.png
vinya_jag is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 14:00   #11
BHPian

Special edition, at an introductory price?

Do they seriously think they can increase the prices of these 'special' editions after a while?

Being a marketer myself, I would love to meet their marketing boss. It is the epitome of of how marketers think they can keep milking an old product with zero marketing effort. Real effort I mean, not these sticker jobs.
Instead, Skoda's approach is much better, to make lower editions seem like value buys and have standard monikers like Monte-Carlo, etc.
Vibhav-Van is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 16:53   #12
BANNED

These guys should try rainbow colours now! How can they do this to such a beautiful car . Even toy cars look better than their special editions. We should start a GoFundMe page for the brains behind these special editions and let them exit VAG. Hope Skoda doesn't try this.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 18:14   #13
BHPian

Most people making fun of VW India are as clueless as VW management sitting at Wolfsburg office in Germany.

VW India have to somehow survive for the next 12-15 more months at the least before some solid non CBU vehicles start hitting their showroom as part of their 2.0 strategy. What can they do till that? I have a very close relative working in VW dealership. The situation is pathetic. They have almost no footfalls. What can they do when they don't have any vehicles to sell? Actually scratch that. They do have the Tiguan all-space dumped on to them which no one wants to buy. They are literally fighting for last units of T-roc as that is sold out at most places and still enquires are coming.

So they have no other option but to do something to ensure at least few people step into the showroom. Will these things help? No Idea but its better to do something than sit idle. They still sell close to 1500 units of 10-year old Polo every month. They still have waiting period for Polo in Kerala!

Is VW to blame for this mess? --> A resounding Yes.
Is VW India to blame for this mess? --> Equally responsible.
Do current owners feel embarrassed? --> Not sure about others but No, not me. Though I am very sad and frustrated to see world's number one manufacturer struggling in India.

PS: A proud polo owner (At least till date. Touchwood!)
RaghuVis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 21:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile, the meme pages were having fun!

Red & White special edition Volkswagen Polo & Vento launched-screenshot_20201017214029.jpg

Guess, next time they should also invest in a dictionary for more outlandish names! Red sounds so cringe worthy. Can't wait for the next gen products.
Turbohead is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 22:07   #15
BHPian

I'm just wondering when the Atma nirbhar Bharat edition might come. Time is correct for them to do it now actually. Just put the chakra on it and call it a day.
nikhilthegunner is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks