Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2007, 15:12   #31
BHPian

[quote=nispatel;405698] Santro gives milage around 11 KMPL with AC in citi driving compared to around 12 KMPL in Maruti Esteem in similar driving condition. (Mileage is little subjective as different people have different driving habit. What is important is to compare at against similar driving habit in similar road condition.)

Thats a wrong figure that you are qoting. I have both a santro and an esteem and my santro constantly gives 13 with AC in city and 17-18 with AC on highways.
Old 5th April 2007, 16:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Is the Getz 1.3 still going to be sold or are they trying to phase it out?
The reports that i got from a dealer was that both the engines will be sold and the Crdi 'll be available in the second half of this year . lets see how the getz crdi matches up with swift diesel once its launched ..
Old 5th April 2007, 16:56   #33
BHPian

[quote=Sush;407122]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nispatel View Post
Santro gives milage around 11 KMPL with AC in citi driving compared to around 12 KMPL in Maruti Esteem in similar driving condition. (Mileage is little subjective as different people have different driving habit. What is important is to compare at against similar driving habit in similar road condition.)

Thats a wrong figure that you are qoting. I have both a santro and an esteem and my santro constantly gives 13 with AC in city and 17-18 with AC on highways.
Dear Sush, You probably didn't read my post properly. Read my caveat mentioned in bracket. I too have both of these vehicles. I would expect a BHPan to be sensible enough to understand nitty-grity of mileage as it heavily depends on driving habit and road condition.
Old 5th April 2007, 17:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

The getz 1.3 is still there ... but now newer with cosmetic changes, old getz has been phased out but still retains the same engine. IMO getz will sell quite well because if you compare Hyundai's quality - they are really top notch in that section therefore the high pricing. Of course Swift is still selling like hot cakes but the newly launched getz will be affecting its sales seriously now. Lets see. I do wish to purchase one of these now. Hard to decide which one . Let the Battle Begin !!!!!!
Old 5th April 2007, 17:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I feel The 1.1 should do well. For lots of people Swift still doesnt have enough space & many of such hardly care for power provided they get a rommier (read big) car at small car prices. The getz Prime 1.1 is priced slightly higher above the top end Santro XO model & has most of the goodies like, rear defogger, both side RVMs, rear parcel tray, Tachometer, as standard equipement on even the base model.
Old 6th April 2007, 09:56   #36
BHPian

Getz Prime 1.3

I just had a look at the Getz yesterday at Nimbus in Noida. Getz Prime comes in two versions - 1.1 L and 1.3 L. The final price had not come till yesterday for these two.

I sat in 1.3 L Prime and the space was just awesome. I also had a look at the Swift Vxi and Palio 1.6 Sport. Swift Vxi seems so cramped and boring even though teh seats are placed at a good height. Getz seemed to have the maximum space out of the three. I'm thinking of choosing either the Palio 1.6 or Getz Prime 1.3 L.

I could not test drive 1.3 since the dealer said that the TD car will come in around 1 week and they only have one 1.3 Prime which is on display.
Old 6th April 2007, 10:11   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Somehow I feel The 1.1 should do well. For lots of people Swift still doesnt have enough space & many of such hardly care for power provided they get a rommier (read big) car at small car prices. The getz Prime 1.1 is priced slightly higher above the top end Santro XO model & has most of the goodies like, rear defogger, both side RVMs, rear parcel tray, Tachometer, as standard equipement on even the base model.
Yes I agree with you. Most of the people look for price,space,goodies and then power ( torque, responsive etc ). Getz should work for Hyundai as well as people. Hyundai had worked on what people did not liked ie price and fuel economy. Thats what they compared with the swift. Many of them liked Getz but FE and price was the hindrance.
Old 6th April 2007, 10:15   #38
BHPian

@Shobhit15, Getz web site now gives pricelist for major metros. But color & other links are still under construction.
Old 6th April 2007, 10:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Prime vime chhodo ('leave it' for the pervs). When is the Getz CRDi coming out?
Old 6th April 2007, 10:18   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Prime vime chhodo ('leave it' for the pervs). When is the Getz CRDi coming out?
somewhere in Aug or Sept. Big question.. which CRDi ( Accent/Verna )
Old 8th April 2007, 20:06   #41
BHPian

Saw the new advertisement of GETZ Prime on TV, felt like beating the ad agency guys who had made such a ridiculous ad.

-POGU
Old 8th April 2007, 22:55   #42
BHPian

i just don't see enough reason to buy a 1.1 ...it's not justified ... even though it's the santro unit ... it's not going to give santro figures ... and u'd expect more power for the price ... lets see how the sales come along , we could be seeing better(much lower) pricing soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks