Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2007, 16:13   #1
BHPian

The New Hyundai Getz Prime.

Hi guys,
I just thought about the newly launched 1.1 Lt Getz Prime launched in India with a 3.89 ex-showroom price Bangalore. Any thoughts on pricing and the performance of the vehicle? Your thoughts.

Regards,
Ramki
Old 3rd April 2007, 16:37   #2
BANNED

Cosmetic changes are fine but still they didn't launched 1.1 @ competitive price , Considering Swift Lxi costs 10k extra & that'a a 1300cc ,Much better package overall than Getz price .
Old 3rd April 2007, 16:53   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

unknown -
the Swift may be faster but when buying a car, consumers may give priority to other factors like FE, ride quality, space, build quality etc, and the Getz thrashes the Swift in those aspects.
The 1.1lt engine is interesting. Lets see how it actually drives.
Old 3rd April 2007, 20:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Getz 1.1 is really good one but still I feel indian car shopper prefer Swift LXI over it.

Swift has too many technical complaints (rattling, costly to maintain, noisy suspension..) compared with Getz but still its Swift which has good resale value and more people buy it.

If person gives priority to price its Swift which will win big time even compared with Getz 1.1.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 3rd April 2007, 20:30   #5
BHPian

There is already another thread discussing the same.
Old 3rd April 2007, 20:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
unknown -
the Swift may be faster but when buying a car, consumers may give priority to other factors like FE, ride quality, space, build quality etc, and the Getz thrashes the Swift in those aspects.
The 1.1lt engine is interesting. Lets see how it actually drives.
Thrashes is a very strong term to use.... Well the sheer numbers of Swift over Getz say a lot....
Of course there may be consumers who buy a Santro Engine in Getz body to save 10k over Swift Lxi
Old 3rd April 2007, 21:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

I think the peace of mind you get after buying a maruti cann't be compared with any other car manufacture at all

and the swift 1.3l is a old workhorse and it can be taken care by a road side mechanic(i don't recommend it)

10k isn't much for the peace of mind you get from buying a swift
Old 3rd April 2007, 21:26   #8
Team-BHP Support

Considering Getz is really struggling, price should have been lowered more..

Swift is still a much better car... (Except if you want to have tall guys sitting at the back seat)
Old 3rd April 2007, 21:36   #9
BHPian

[quote=manikjeet;405398]I think the peace of mind you get after buying a maruti cann't be compared with any other car manufacture at all

>>> I second that, Maruti customers (me including) weaning from that though.
Old 4th April 2007, 05:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Ramki, don't do it. Swift would be a better bet. Or if you can buy used, a Baleno or Vtec.
Old 4th April 2007, 06:49   #11
BANNED

The bigger Getz is already a flop show and with about 10K less than Swift, Getz Prime will also follow the footsteps of it's big brother.
Old 4th April 2007, 08:48   #12
BHPian

Santro Xing with it's 1.1 LTR engine has just right amout of pulling power for that car. (or barely enough depending upon your expectactions). Hyundai are strapping the same engine on Getz Prime weighing 100 KG more with tuning towards little higher torque delivery. I'm not sure how will it perform more so because Xing engine itself isn't the most efficient one around. If I compare it head on head with Maruti Esteem engine in terms of power delivery, 1.3 liter one score in most department be it of wider power band, max power output, overall performance or efficiency. Santro gives milage around 11 KMPL with AC in citi driving compared to around 12 KMPL in Maruti Esteem in similar driving condition. (Mileage is little subjective as different people have different driving habit. What is important is to compare at against similar driving habit in similar road condition.)

Simply put:
Santro Xing 1.1 LTR Engine (63 BHP) -> Getz Prime (Petrol - 66.6 BHP)
Maruti Esteem 1.3 LTR Engine (85 BHP) -> Swift (Petrol - 87 BHP)

Will you buy a Swift donning WagonR engine with power output in the range of 65 BHP?
Old 4th April 2007, 09:58   #13
Team-BHP Support

Anyone seen the new Getz ad with the Germn guy in it? They are trying to showcase that this is the same car which is also exported to Germany.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:00   #14
BHPian

Hyundai lost the plot

The Getz has been a sensible car, but in the run up to compete with Maruti and Tata Motors, Hyundai has seem to have lost the plot in positioning the Getz Prime. I guess they are distracted by three things: a) the need to premium price their products (which has failed in the case of Getz and Sonata Embera), b) trying to mimic the marketing practices of Maruti (of selling new generation models alongside those that they are supposed to replace - M 800 and Alto, Zen Estilo and Wagon R), and finally c) the excise duty structure that favours petrol engine capacity of less than 1200cc. Maybe they would do better if they learn some marketing lessons from Honda India - come up with one effective package for each of their products.
Old 5th April 2007, 01:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

the new getz prime is out. I saw some tv commercials also. Its also up on the website. NO CRDI though (ALA fiat) dont know why.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks