Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What do you think of Hyundai's new design language?
I like it 76 13.45%
I'm neutral 100 17.70%
I don't like it 389 68.85%
Voters: 565. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2020, 07:51   #106
BHPian

Re: What do you think of Hyundai's new design language?

Voted I dont like it.

However not all of them look bad to me.
The Nios looks better than the grand i10 to me. Santro is a lot better looker than the Eon(which I hated though for its looks).

It is the Creta that had received the worst experimentation from Hyundai. The venue, the Aura and even this new spyshot of i20 doesnt have a cohesive design. The front and rear dont look like they belong to the same car.
Maybe they divided the design team into two groups, with the Creta designers designing the rear half.
Old 26th October 2020, 09:25   #107
BHPian

I don't like it.
To me the previous generation felt much more elegant, especially the previous creta, Verna before the current facelift , and the Elite i20 which was the best looking Hyundai ever. The fluidic models before that looked overdone to me.
Old 26th October 2020, 22:10   #108
Senior - BHPian

I'm thinking of Hyundai's current designs akin to being as the latest in the world of Fashion. No-one likes it. Not the masses ! But then it catches up. Maybe these designs will be appreciated and widely accepted few years from now. But yeah for 2020, I don't think I can digest their designs.
TrackDay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 10:42   #109
Senior - BHPian

Voted "I don't like it" but I'm probably somewhere just a shade on negative side.

The reason being Hyundai's design language for their SUVs is something I've grown to like. It doesn't scream edgy like Kia but is mature / understated in comparison. I love the new Creta, the new Santa Fe is amazingly clean looking and the Palisade to me looks badass.

On the other hand their design language for hatchbacks & sedans is a complete mess. The latest Sonata or even the I20 that has been launched in India are ugly. Their fronts are far too busy and seem like droopy, sad faces and the less said about the rears the better.
Old 31st October 2020, 07:48   #110
Senior - BHPian

Saw the new i20. Absolutely hated it. This was one of my favourite cars in the hatch back segment, especially the second generation in red color.

There is no mature design in the premium hatchback segment I think now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks