Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2007, 11:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

This is great news! So, When is the government going to start building roads?
Old 5th April 2007, 11:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
This is great news! So, When is the government going to start building roads?

Well said!!!!!
this was the same thing me too thought after seeing the title.......wat an administration....first they should repair the pothole roads before gng ahead with the increasee in topspeed rule.....
highway speed limit of 65 for buses???? wats the difference this amendment will produce??the private buses here in kerala goes at this speed in the city...
on my way to college (road is state highway) the buses go at speeds of 80-90kmph,n these buses are in worse condition than most of the state transport corporation buses and also are overloaded with passengers....
And the Tipper lorries are of a different story....

Last edited by hari_rama : 5th April 2007 at 11:28.
Old 5th April 2007, 15:54   #18
BHPian

i too feel theres no use ..I dont remember the last time i saw a car doing less that 120kmph on a NH .
Old 5th April 2007, 18:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

When I visited the UK, I was so happy to see the traffic discipline there. Lane driving, giving way to others, the roundabout system etc. However what was even more interesting was the speed limits. Their Motorways which are typically 6 to 8 laned has a maximum speed limit of 70 mph. However in the innermost lane, you could see cars and bikes regularly crossing 100 mph. You could be driving at 100 mph and there would be a car behind you approaching at a higher speed. People would still move over to the middle lane and let the car pass.

Unlike the US there are very few places where you have cops in cars with speed guns. Instead there are speed cameras. The regulars know where the cameras are (and actually in some places there is a warning board saying camera ahead!!!) and slow down just before that. You just got to follow them !!! Breaking the law in a very funny way !!!

Sensible driving, lane discipline and patience. Wish we had that here at times.

I have been caught by cops with no speed guns and being told that I'm speeding (happened on the GQ). He proceeded to write a ticket and said I have to pay the fine in court. Am still waiting for the summons to come !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks