Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2020, 03:34   #286
BHPian

re: Nissan Magnite Review

I hope the Magnite gets tested by the G-NCAP at the earliest. At such a competitive price point, even 3 stars will be a good result for this Nissan. (ideally a 4 star result would be great!)

Meanwhile I hope the government makes Crash testing mandatory for all cars sold in India & any vehicle getting less than 2 stars (or 3 stars) must not be allowed to be sold.

While the turbo's safety features are truly commendable, kudos to Nissan for offering basic important safety features like Rear defogger, rear washer & wiper even on the base model of the naturally aspirated version.

As a last hurrah, looks like Nissan has thrown everything including the kitchen sink into the Magnite project.
What an amazing turn around story this could be!
John316_WRC is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 13:49   #287
BHPian

If NISSAN is confident, It's a golden opportunity for them to send their Magnite and Kicks to GLOBALNCAP and grab some badass ratings.

Really admire RENAULT-NISSAN honest attitude towards crash ratings and improving their cars rather than blaming the governing system and related authorities.

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 13th November 2020 at 13:51.
TorqueIndia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 14:08   #288
BHPian

Variant wise visual comparison:

Front profile -

Nissan Magnite Review-nissanmagnitevariantsxexlxvpremiumexteriorscomparisonfront.jpg

Side profile -

Nissan Magnite Review-nissanmagnitevariantsxexlxvpremiumexteriorscomparison3.jpg

Rear profile -

Nissan Magnite Review-nissanmagnitevariantsxexlxvpremiumexteriorscomparisonrear.jpg

Interiors and Infotainment -

Nissan Magnite Review-nissanmagnitevariantsxexlxvpremiuminteriorscomparisoninterior.jpg

Space -

Nissan Magnite Review-nissanmagnitevariantsxexlxvpremiuminteriorscomparisonspace-1.jpg

Segment first features and Seat -

Nissan Magnite Review-nissanmagnitedashboardseats.jpg

Safety -

Nissan Magnite Review-nissanmagnitevariantsxexlxvpremiumsafetycomparison.jpg
Deadpool is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 16:32   #289
BHPian

How will the 195mm wide wheels affect the drive experience (in bad roads), compared with 215mm wide wire of Tata Nexon?
Old 13th November 2020, 18:18   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicCharcoal View Post
How will the 195mm wide wheels affect the drive experience (in bad roads), compared with 215mm wide wire of Tata Nexon?
Tata Nexon also gets 195 section tyres on lower variants. Only the top variants come with 215 section rubber.
ATRONIX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 20:02   #291
BHPian

Kicks is definitely good product. Magnite is entering a fiercely competitive segment and hope it could get all the good numbers Nissan awaiting.
tirumalavoleti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 21:06   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicCharcoal View Post
Nexon gets 195mm rubber in the base variant, 215mm from XM till the top end.
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 21:39   #293
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The Magnite has all the trappings of a blockbuster, and just what the doctor ordered for the revival of Nissan India from its deathbed.

In particular, I look forward to testing the 100 PS 1.0 turbo-petrol + CVT combination at a dealership, at least after the Chinese coronavirus pandemic subsides a bit. It's good that Nissan have introduced the 100 PS turbo+CVT combination right from the start, instead of pushing the 72 PS NA+AMT combination like Renault are doing with the Triber. I dislike AMTs, including the relatively smooth one from Hyundai.

My only grouses are the presence of only 2 airbags (Triber has additional side airbags) and a stupid, slim rear bumper that offers very little protection to the rear hatch. I hope the NVH insulation is more in the league of the Kicks, instead of the Datsun models.
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 21:52   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Nexon gets 195mm rubber in the base variant, 215mm from XM till the top end.
Here's a screen grab from the official Tata Nexon brochure which specifies the tyre sizes of its variants.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-1605284528009.jpg  

ATRONIX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 22:44   #295

Praying that Magnite brings the numbers for Nissan Dealers here in Bangalore. So that, they don't loot existing customers who drop by for Service.

Coming from a Kicks 1.3 owner. Car is absolutely fantastic but after sales is dreadful.
Goku_YNWA is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 13:51   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Booked a XV Premium CVT today. No discounts, no exchange bonus. Was able to get logistics / handling charges waived. RTO registration charges INR 3000. No freebies.

Dealer Neo Nissan Noida. If others are booking pls share the deal here so we can track discounts / freebies and haggle.
Congratulations on your early bird booking. Could you please share the contact detail of the sales person, who handled your booking? I am also planning to book the same variant but apparently Nissan customer care told me that is possible only after the vehicle is officially launched.
Ulysses is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 14:01   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Congratulations on your early bird booking. Could you please share the contact detail of the sales person, who handled your booking? I am also planning to book the same variant but apparently Nissan customer care told me that is possible only after the vehicle is officially launched.
Check your DM. If you get any freebies / discounts / offers let me know. I too will let you know if I get any.
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 14:09   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Here's a screen grab from the official Tata Nexon brochure which specifies the tyre sizes of its variants.
This is surprising! I bought the Nexon 2020 XMA in Feb and my vehicle has 215/60 R16. Don't know if this was changed to 195 section post the launch of XM-S variant.
k.sumit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 14:10   #299
BHPian

Thanks. I will get in touch with the guy, and update
Old 14th November 2020, 19:33   #300
BHPian

Nissan seems to have made all the right noises with the Magnite so far, including prices. It definitely looks like a gem of a car .

With their outstanding service quality, all they need now is an expansion of their dealer and service network. The odd service center here and there in a 1000 kms radius is enough to turn customers away how much ever they like the car!.

Hyundai and Maruti sell 100 times more cars than Nissan and have the Indian market in their grasp, majorly because of their wide network. Not because their cars are 100 times better.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 14th November 2020 at 23:56. Reason: minor typo.
Nalin1 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed