Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2011, 15:54   #46
BHPian

Re: False registration

I agree here that one should not go against the law but I am not sure if it is mandated that you should be living at the place that you have attached as address proof. For e.g. when I used to live in rented apartment, I have bought a vehicle and registered it using that address. But I no longer live at that address. And I have no proof of the it anymore. Whatever photocopy is there it is with RTO only. But I still have the vehicle with me.

By this yardstick, I'd have to keep updating my address in RTO dept as and when I change residence. I don't know anyone who has updated the address when he changed residence (within state).
Old 25th October 2011, 15:54   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: False registration

It's simple - if you are OK with the risks associated with a different registration, then go ahead with it. Else pay the extra and get peace of mind free. As far as I read / heard, Mumbai & Delhi are hard on other state registrations, aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Apparently very large number of high end cars/SUVs in Bangalore get registered in Pondichery to evade the high road tax. Cops who are normally after any non KA number plates turn a blind eye when it comes to these cars.
I guess cops in Kerala now a days hunt down the PY registration [or that's what the news said] premium cars since they are findng too many luxury cars with this registration offlate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
There was an article in Bangalore mirror which said RTO is losing about Rs. 8 Cr a month due to such practices!
Very responsible of Bangalore Mirror of reporting this. They should also investigate where does the RTO flush down the cash which is actually received thru RT?? Given the condition of Bangalore roads, I don't find a reason why some one should buy / pay RT in Bangalore ! It's a metro for God's sake!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 25th October 2011 at 15:57.
Old 10th April 2013, 15:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

H E L P: RTO Goregoan (Mumbai western line)

H E L P: RTO Goregoan (Mumbai western line)
A very dear friend of mine who also happens to be my neighbor bought a second hand car in this February 2013.

He gave the transfer job to one registered RTO agent who also runs a training school in our area.
Along with requisite forms, my friend submitted Photocopy of his Leave & License (He is a tenant) and copy of his DL from Delhi around end of February 2013.
A week later the agent informed us that the RTO officer is asking for some permanent proof of residence so my friend submitted copies of his Delhi ration card & PP copy.
After couple of weeks the agent again informed my friend that the RTO was asking for ORIGINAL police verification copy. He arranged same from local PS and gave same to the agent.
Now the RTO officer is asking for ORIGINAL L&L copy. Now its almost 45 days since the process was started.
Can someone guide us on what is the ACTUAL requirement for registering a second hand car in Mumbai RTO.
NOTE: The car was/is registered in same RTO earlier, so there is no dispute on change of RTO office too.
NOTE: The agent is very soft spoken and well called for guy.

Raab rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 10th April 2013 at 15:53. Reason: Title

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks