Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2021, 17:27   #181

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Some of the comments here are really strange... I found it brilliant. Before opening the thread, just by reading the headline, I had no clue the name had indian origin. It does sound like an addition to their current SUV names - Kodiaq, Karoq so yeah, definitely better than the confusing Tiguan/Taigun.

Besides, whichever way you pronounce it (Coo-Shack, Ku-Shuck) it does sound classy to me.
Ismail2512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 19:05   #182
BHPian

Weird name indeed. Ill advised by some folks who think everyone India understands the nuances of certain language. Big mistake. Just for the name sake quite a few will shun this. They had other meaningful K-Q names anyways
sheelapratosh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 19:21   #183
BHPian

Great name ! Also IMO Indian buyers do not care about name much. In the end the car has to tick the value for money box (deti kitna hai and how big is the lcd screen ) and people will buy.

Hope Skoda prices it competitively!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th January 2021 at 03:15. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 8th January 2021, 20:26   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda's SUV on Test:

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 21:21   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismail2512 View Post
Some of the comments here are really strange... I found it brilliant. Before opening the thread, just by reading the headline, I had no clue the name had indian origin. It does sound like an addition to their current SUV names - Kodiaq, Karoq so yeah, definitely better than the confusing Tiguan/Taigun.

Besides, whichever way you pronounce it (Coo-Shack, Ku-Shuck) it does sound classy to me.
I think it is a good choice. Just got another one in mind, satisfying the Kq "boundary conditions" Koshtaq meaning bracket! (Bulge bracket implied)
Old 8th January 2021, 22:07   #186
BHPian

From the spy shots, this one seems to look like a mini karoq, which in turn looks like a, mini kodiaq. Nothing wrong but personally I find the design language boring.

Coming to the name, Skoda should explicitly mention the meaning also because not many are aware of it. It can become an asset also. If the caption of the car is " The king" Or " The Emperor ", then people will automatically call it Kushak the king.

However, the big thing is engine-gearbox combo. I seriously wish this one comes with 1.5 tsi with 6 speed mt and 7 speed dct with prices not exceeding seltos/creta.
Old 8th January 2021, 22:15   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
To me it looks tad bit smaller than the Koreans?
Does anyone else also feel the same?
Old 8th January 2021, 23:41   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonHyd View Post
However, the big thing is engine-gearbox combo. I seriously wish this one comes with 1.5 tsi with 6 speed mt and 7 speed dct with prices not exceeding seltos/creta.
Two engine options, 1 litre tsi with 6 speed manual and 6 speed torque converter gearbox, 1.5 litre tsi with 6 speed manual and DSG gearbox. And it's gonna be cheaper than the Koreans and having better safety features from the base variants, and Skoda is trying to achieve 5 star in GNAP crash test as well. Check this thread from page 3, you will learn about more information as well.
yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 01:21   #189
BHPian

Skoda should re-introduce their Diesel engines. VW Diesels are one of the most loved engines for the enthusiasts. That aside, the 1.5 TSI should be a hoot to drive, I just hope they price it competitively.

Coming to the name, it sounds strange and it's not as easy to pronounce as the Karoq or Kodiaq for example. The first time I read it as Kushka. I know, I should control my biriyani cravings

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th January 2021 at 03:14. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Funny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 08:46   #190
BHPian

Some of the comments are super funny!

But I'm reading the name as Skoda. Koi Shaq?
reppy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 17:23   #191
BHPian

Nicely done video and build-up to the christening. Kushiq is ok, but Kosmiq would have been more meaningful and better-sounding.
Having said that, "Bas Naam hi Kaafi hai" does not hold in this case. With the segment competition hotting up, I hope Skoda prices and specs it competitively; and also bolster the traditional Skoda DNA of solidity and build with better quality components (Brake Discs and ABS Sensors, to start with)
Old 9th January 2021, 18:42   #192
BHPian

It's great that Skoda has choosen a Sanskrit name for their new offering, however, I personally did not like it much. Sounds too familiar to the very famous punch line from Mithun - 'Koi Shak?' translates to Any Doubt?

I know I am stupid!!! :P
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 19:49   #193
BHPian

Whether anybody likes it or not, Kushaq is much better than 'Highness'.

This name 'Highness' is so highly absurd that I never call my motorcycle as 'Highness' but as CB350.
NH08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 07:26   #194
BHPian

Naming is the most difficult part of a car’s brand campaign. Kushaq dosent ring a bell at first but ‘Skoda Kushaq’ phonetically sounds modern and luxurious. Well nobody name cars as good as the Japense do, City, Accord, Jazz, Wagon R, Fortuner, Land Cruiser. They’ve got that skill.
Old 10th January 2021, 15:40   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Two engine options, 1 litre tsi with 6 speed manual and 6 speed torque converter gearbox, 1.5 litre tsi with 6 speed manual and DSG gearbox. And it's gonna be cheaper than the Koreans and having better safety features from the base variants, and Skoda is trying to achieve 5 star in GNAP crash test as well. Check this thread from page 3, you will learn about more information as well.
Could you confirm from your sources whether the rear brakes are discs or drums?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks