Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2021, 02:38   #226
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

I wonder why the name KUSHAQ isn't raising any eyebrows/criticism whereas sky fell when some vehicle was rumored to be called GRAVITAS !

There cannot be any boring name than this one, even if it may mean KING, even if derived from Sanskrit, this name isn't just for automobile.

My views only.
rocketfinger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 10:22   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfinger View Post
I wonder why the name KUSHAQ isn't raising any eyebrows/criticism whereas sky fell when some vehicle was rumored to be called GRAVITAS !

There cannot be any boring name than this one, even if it may mean KING, even if derived from Sanskrit, this name isn't just for automobile.

My views only.
Actually I had the same initial reaction but it grows on you. I find the name to be quite classy and in fact would be one of the first ones to book it!
Old 14th January 2021, 10:57   #228
BHPian

Come on guys, what's in the name? I am sure we all will never discuss the name once the Kushaq is rolled out. lol
Btw, did anyone manage to get some pics from the media preview happening at Goa? any insider opinion from the reviewers?
Old 14th January 2021, 11:16   #229

I would actually love if Skoda made the word Kushaq inscribed in Sanskrit Script and stick it in the car that would be really awesome.
rkaria1970 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 12:18   #230
BHPian

Zac Hollis confirmed Kushaq will be unveiled at the end of March with launch sometime middle of the year.

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-untitled.jpg
Deadpool is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 23:51   #231
BHPian

So as many of you know skoda recently conducted a cover drive of the Kushaq for various media houses, the aim was to get a review of the driving/handling/riding/comfort dynamics of the car. All the top of the line variant of the car were reviewed by various auto journalists including the 1.0 litre tsi and the 1.5 litre tsi, including their automatic variants as well.

I am very pleased to share with you that the journalists were very impressed by the Kushaq, they gave a very positive response of the car in terms of performance, handling, refinement and smoothness. While talking about the performance of kushaq's 1.5 tsi in comparison to 1.4 turbo of Koreans, it was said that 1.5 tsi is far superior and unmatched.

I don't know whether a review of kushaq would be posted by the channels or not, cause the cars were camouflaged during the event. But if they do, us enthusiasts would be very grateful. I don't have any other information apart from that.
yesyeswe is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 00:08   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I don't know whether a review of kushaq would be posted by the channels or not, cause the cars were camouflaged during the event. But if they do, us enthusiasts would be very grateful. I don't have any other information apart from that.
Thank you very much sir, for the update. I've one small question, is there a possibility of introducing rider variant of Kushaq under 10 lacs? I almost finalized on Seltos base model but backed off because of ncap rating, brakes issues and other problems.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 00:21   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Thank you very much sir, for the update. I've one small question, is there a possibility of introducing rider variant of Kushaq under 10 lacs? I almost finalized on Seltos base model but backed off because of ncap rating, brakes issues and other problems.
Well after the initial launch we would see the onyx and the monte carlo editions launching within a year, and after that there will be a rider edition. Cause currently the base variant is going to be the active variant, and even this variant is going to be feature packed, so to make the car even cheaper, there would be a rider edition.

The car is going to be launched with a starting price of approx 10 lakh ex showroom, that is in the territory of the seltos and creta base variants, so you can get that. Moreover there's a news that the base variant of volkswagen taigun is going to be even cheaper than the Kushaq's base variant, so you consider that as well.

You made a very wise decision by cancelling the booking of the seltos, safety is the first thing which should be considered during a car purchase, everything else follows after that. That's why i am asking everyone looking to buy a car in the price range of 10-20 lakhs to wait for the launch of the Kushaq and the Taigun.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 15th January 2021 at 00:24.
yesyeswe is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 09:33   #234
BHPian

Quote:
So as many of you know skoda recently conducted a cover drive of the Kushaq for various media houses, the aim was to get a review of the driving/handling/riding/comfort dynamics of the car. All the top of the line variant of the car were reviewed by various auto journalists including the 1.0 litre tsi and the 1.5 litre tsi, including their automatic variants as well.

I am very pleased to share with you that the journalists were very impressed by the Kushaq, they gave a very positive response of the car in terms of performance, handling, refinement and smoothness. While talking about the performance of kushaq's 1.5 tsi in comparison to 1.4 turbo of Koreans, it was said that 1.5 tsi is far superior and unmatched.

Thank You! once again for the updates. No doubt about the performance of 1.5 tsi. This engine is already doing duty for the T-Roc and Karoq which are a segment above Kushaq and Taigun. Just getting more excited as we are inching forward to see the real Avataar. Now waiting to see any shots for the interiors. Keep Updating. Clap:

Thank You BHPians !!
jazzy47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 10:00   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy47 View Post
Just getting more excited as we are inching forward to see the real Avataar. Now waiting to see any shots for the interiors. Keep Updating. Clap:

Thank You BHPians !!
The photography of the Kushaq has been done already, there's a video shoot which would happen soon as well, so we would be getting pictures soon i hope.
Old 15th January 2021, 10:19   #236
BHPian

Quote:
The photography of the Kushaq has been done already, there's a video shoot which would happen soon as well, so we would be getting pictures soon i hope.
I am looking for upcoming Gravitas/ Safari. Having worked for around 15 years in software, thought of gifting myself with something I wanted for long time, a lifestyle product.

Now with 1.5 tsi in picture, as well as a skoda brand, I am in two minds. With top end Harrier being around 26 lakhs in Bangalore, the Safari cost as predicted would be around 1.2 to 1.5 lakhs more. In real world, this would translate to roughly 2 lakhs for the top end. So, top end Safari would be somewhere around 28 in Bangalore.

What would be your suggestion: to book Safari and not look back at 1.5 or see 1.5 and then make a decision.

Is Kushaq that good a product thats worth waiting considering Safari .

Last edited by turbo_delight : 15th January 2021 at 10:20.
Old 15th January 2021, 11:03   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
What would be your suggestion: to book Safari and not look back at 1.5 or see 1.5 and then make a decision.

Is Kushaq that good a product thats worth waiting considering Safari .
Even in 6 months when the Kushaq launches safari is going to be there, so i think you should wait, take test drives of the cars, mainly on your commuting route and get a feel of the car. Still let me give you some advice.

First you have to tell me whether it's going to be your only car or you have another car for your commutes, daily travel distance, traffic conditions etc. Cause safari/harrier is great if you have another car at home and you can use that for commutes, but it's going to be your primary car then kushaq would be better due to it's comparatively smaller size, petrol engine, ease of parking.

If highway rides, long distance travelling is what you'll do harrier/safari would be better as mentioned by many due to superior ride quality, bigger boot size, and the respect it gets from other vehicles.

These are completely two different products with a price gap of i think around 10 lakhs. If your budget goes all the way to 28 lakhs then you have the jeep compass as well.

Coming to karoq and 1.5tsi, the car is going to be good, the engine and Gearbox combination is already renowned, the feature list is pretty long and the car is going to be full of safety features as well.

From what i have read on our forum, harrier is not a an easy car to drive in city due to it's size and a heavy steering. You are from bangalore, and i have stayed in bangalore for a month, i had a thar at that time and i used to hate driving, mainly due to the heavy clutch, hard gearbox and the general ergonomics and ride quality.

With harrier/safari with automatic gearbox that would be solved. But when i got home from banglore and drove my polo, it felt so easy to drive in traffic. Even today, my friend has a duster and we never take it for our city use, only when hitting highway that we take the duster.

Moral of the story: let the Kushaq launch, take test drives and then decide. If i was in your place, i would have been one hell of a confused guy myself, on one hand i know that German vehicles are far superior having owned one for the last 7 years, but one the other, harrier makes my legs go weak.

My advice/suggestion reply got pretty long but it took me some time to type this much so not gonna shorten it now.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 15th January 2021 at 11:04.
yesyeswe is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 11:16   #238
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to deflate the hype here, but has the VAG group finally rectified all issues with the DQ200 gearbox? Even now I see a few failures every now and then.

The heart tugs for the 1.5 TSI but the mind prefers the torque converter equipped 1.0 TSI
Old 15th January 2021, 11:37   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Sorry to deflate the hype here, but has the VAG group finally rectified all issues with the DQ200 gearbox? Even now I see a few failures every now and then.

The heart tugs for the 1.5 TSI but the mind prefers the torque converter equipped 1.0 TSI
I for one haven't heard of of any issues coming up in karoq and T-roc which has the same 1.5tsi + dsg combo, so let's hope that the Kushaq and taigun performs in the way as well. Moreover skoda is providing 6 years of warranty currently, so that gives some peace of mind.

1.0 tsi + torque converter gearbox would be more than enough considering it's performance in rapid/Vento/polo, moreover you have the reliability factor as well. But if you want something extra, then 1.5 tsi should be considered, it all comes down to test drives at the end.
yesyeswe is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 15:18   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Well after the initial launch we would see the onyx and the monte carlo editions launching within a year, and after that there will be a rider edition.
====
That's why i am asking everyone looking to buy a car in the price range of 10-20 lakhs to wait for the launch of the Kushaq and the Taigun.

I thought that SKODA was going to undercut the pricing of Kushaq compared to Creta and Seltos to make it really competitive. With no Diesel engine option, smaller size, first time launch on the MQB IN platofrm - it made more sense to price the base variant at around 9 or so. The implied but untested safety can't really be priced at a premium.
rahulvv is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed