Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2021, 17:44   #346
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
That was a treat to my eyes, 1.5 TSI Manual !!

I was leaning towards 1.0 TSI Auto with Torque Convertor, but for 1-1.5L more maybe we will get 1.5 TSI MT with 150HP and cylinder deactivation tech ��.

With Maruti Suzuki also gearing up to launch a competitor (Although it will have a lame 1.5NA 5MT) Good times for Petrol heads indeed !!
1.5 TSI MT or auto in DSG combined with paddle shifters? From a driving enthusiast view, which one suits more. I am not looking in for a comfort or convenience. I am not able to make up my mind. Haven't driven automatics before. Please suggest.
Thanks!!
Old 1st February 2021, 18:17   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy47 View Post
I am not looking in for a comfort or convenience. I am not able to make up my mind. Haven't driven automatics before. Please suggest.
Thanks!!
I would suggest you to first drive couple of DSG/DCT equipped cars like the Polo GT Old gen(If you can get your hands on) and Venue/Creta/Seltos (Easier access and MT available in Seltos 1.4 GDi). It will give you a good idea. I have driven the Venue DCT and Polo GT Tsi with DSG. I can assure you that Polo's DSG is quicker/Precise in shifting and thus more fun.

Present gen Polo 1.0 TSI MT is more fun as compared to the AT(though its a Torque convertor) variant. I haven't been able to get my hands on the 1.5 TSI in either DSG or MT avatar. So cannot comment on that. We will have to wait till the test drives start.

A well tuned DSG with paddle shifters should be more fun than a MT in my honest opinion.
buntee90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 21:27   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
I would suggest you to first drive couple of DSG/DCT equipped cars like the Polo GT Old gen(If you can get your hands on) and Venue/Creta/Seltos (Easier access and MT available in Seltos 1.4 GDi). It will give you a good idea. I have driven the Venue DCT and Polo GT Tsi with DSG. I can assure you that Polo's DSG is quicker/Precise in shifting and thus more fun.

Present gen Polo 1.0 TSI MT is more fun as compared to the AT(though its a Torque convertor) variant. I haven't been able to get my hands on the 1.5 TSI in either DSG or MT avatar. So cannot comment on that. We will have to wait till the test drives start.

A well tuned DSG with paddle shifters should be more fun than a MT in my honest opinion.
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your honest opinion. I am also more inclined towards DSG & paddle shifters combination.
Old 1st February 2021, 21:38   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy47 View Post
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your honest opinion. I am also more inclined towards DSG & paddle shifters combination.
Let the car hit the showrooms, then take extensive test dives of all the engine and Gearbox combinations, only then you can find out which variant suits you most.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 21:47   #350
BHPian

T Roc and Karoq has a price difference of 5.0 lacs and Karoq is positioned as a more premium offering. T Roc also has less rear space and hard plastics on the dash. I did get a chance to see and feel during the auto expo. I am also expecting the same to carry over in Taigun as well. Truly speaking, I was waiting for the Taigun and it was number one on my list, but now this forum has dragged it to number two. Thank you to all for building the excitement and for the updates. Eagerly awaiting for March.
Old 2nd February 2021, 16:07   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Yes wireless android auto and apple car play is there as well, kushaq is going to have most of all features that are present in the competition, the only features missing are 360° camera, panoramic sunroof and poor build quality.
Thanks a lot!! One more question, does the production version going to have USB type C(future proofing) or the USB type A as the current gen Skoda's?

Ideally it should come with usb type C as all the new mobiles phones are coming out with this standard.
Old 2nd February 2021, 17:12   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
Thanks a lot!! One more question, does the production version going to have USB type C(future proofing) or the USB type A as the current gen Skoda's?

Ideally it should come with usb type C as all the new mobiles phones are coming out with this standard.
Frankly, I'd prefer USB A. While the newest phones are indeed USB C, nearly every existing charging cord out there is USB A.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 17:57   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Frankly, I'd prefer USB A. While the newest phones are indeed USB C, nearly every existing charging cord out there is USB A.
I agree almost all the current ones are USB-A, and its probably going to make more people unhappy if they come up with USB type C now. But the car is going to outlast all the cables and the phones we have and in couple of years there is not going to be any new phones coming up with USB-A. (I for one believe that the charging cable is going to disappear in 3-4 years and everything will be wireless and the car should have everything wireless). Its going to be more and more difficult to get a USB type A cable after say 5 years down the line. Hence the preference.

That being said, I agree with your point of view based on the current scenario.
Old 2nd February 2021, 20:09   #354
BHPian

Quote:
I agree almost all the current ones are USB-A, and its probably going to make more people unhappy if they come up with USB type C now. But the car is going to outlast all the cables and the phones we have and in couple of years there is not going to be any new phones coming up with USB-A.
You know skoda and other car manufacturers bring updates and face-lifts as well , if in 3-4 years there's a demand for usb c ports skoda would update the car accordingly. But according to current scenario usb A is the standard, if your phone has c to c cable you can simply buy a usb a to c for the car specially.

The car is having all the wireless features that are present in the market, wireless charging and wireless android auto/apple car play.
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 21:10   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda uses JBL speakers but doesn't mention this detail somehow.

I don’t think Skoda or VW for that matter use JBL speakers, there must be some misunderstanding here. Yes, the stock speakers are very good but they’re definitely not JBL’s.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 21:40   #356
BHPian

Quote:
You know skoda and other car manufacturers bring updates and face-lifts as well , if in 3-4 years there's a demand for usb c ports skoda would update the car accordingly. But according to current scenario usb A is the standard, if your phone has c to c cable you can simply buy a usb a to c for the car specially.

The car is having all the wireless features that are present in the market, wireless charging and wireless android auto/apple car play.
So I will take it as the car is coming with USBA. Its not about whether a future version of the car will have USB type C. My point was that people change the phone every 2-3 years, but don't change cars that often. The technology already exist now and there is a huge advantage with USB type C vs USBA(fast charging, smaller footprint, extra standards support etc..).

Thanks to you we now know that the car has wireless charging and wireless carplay/android auto, so it doesn't matter much if its USB A or USB type C. Cheers!!
Old 2nd February 2021, 22:25   #357

Quote:
The timeline is pretty packed up, the most important product is kushaq, so all the energy and resources are put into it, then they would be launching the octavia, and finally kodiaq, exact month isn't planned as a lot can change till then.

They are considering the diesel engine currently due to the efficiency of diesel engine being better than petrol engine and the response the company had for the diesel engine. If the business model looks sustainable they might bring in the diesel. But it hasn't been ruled out, that is for sure.
Would they be launching the facelifted 2.0 tsi Kodiaq?
Old 2nd February 2021, 22:26   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
I don’t think Skoda or VW for that matter use JBL speakers, there must be some misunderstanding here. Yes, the stock speakers are very good but they’re definitely not JBL’s.
I was told from an insider source that the speakers were from jbl but the branding isn't used as the manufacturer wanted extra money for the branding, but the information might be wrong as my source might have heard it from someone as well. But for stock speakers they are indeed very good.

Quote:

Thanks to you we now know that the car has wireless charging and wireless carplay/android auto, so it doesn't matter much if its USB A or USB type C. Cheers!!
I had revealed these features very long back, you should go through this thread from page 3, i have mentioned a lot of information about the car on various occasions, i think you will appreciate it.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 22:32   #359
BHPian

Quote:
I was told from an insider source that the speakers were from jbl but the branding isn't used as the manufacturer wanted extra money for the branding, but the information might be wrong as my source might have heard it from someone as well. But for stock speakers they are indeed very good.
The source must be confused or misheard. Manufacturers don’t ask for extra money to give their logo on the product they manufacture, or at-least I have never heard of it. It is usually to be certified by a company for which one needs to pay, like the waterproof rating on a smartphone etc. But in this case, the speakers don’t need to be ‘certified’.
Old 2nd February 2021, 22:53   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight View Post
Would they be launching the facelifted 2.0 tsi Kodiaq?
My post which you have quoted answers your question too but yes they would be launching it after the launch of kushaq and octavia. First kushaq, then octavia and then kodiaq. Timeline is not fixed yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
The source must be confused or misheard.
It might be possible.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks