Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2021, 18:29   #541
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Meanwhile, testing continues ahead of global unveil. Notice the headroom, not sure whether the driver is of short height or not.

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodakushaqspiedfrontrearsidenew61068x601.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodakushaqspiedfrontrearsidenew8768x432.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodakushaqspiedfrontrearsidenew91068x601.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodakushaqspiedfrontrearsidenew101068x601.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodakushaqspiedfrontrearsidenew111068x601.jpg

Source - Link

Last edited by Deadpool : 15th March 2021 at 18:31. Reason: Link provided
Deadpool is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 20:11   #542
Senior - BHPian

I have booked Polo turbo edition and there is no sign of getting it any time soon. I will be very tempted if they launch decent basic version ~ 9.5L (or slightly better kitted version @ 9.99 L). Base version may looks like Kamiq Active variant (may be slightly better interior+body colored door handles). Any information on exterior dimensions? I have a parking constraint at home and up to 1750 mm is ok and anything above is going to be very tight.

Space ✔
Engine ✔
Transmission ✔
Safety ✔
Now make price attractive for mango people like us

Last edited by Latheesh : 15th March 2021 at 20:38. Reason: width to dimensions
Latheesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 20:59   #543
Senior - BHPian

3 more days for the King to arrive. Kushaq new teaser. Hope the King rules the segment.

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-smartselect_20210315205755_twitter.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 21:21   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Teaser to the unveil:

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 10:30   #545
Senior - BHPian

Leaving safety rating aside Korean twin base variants look really good (I was watching few videos of Creta EX variant which was sub 10L when launched). Skoda cannot price base variants above 10L if it cannot match/exceed features comparing to Creta. On top of it Kushaq does not have SUV look to match. Around ~ 10.5L ex-showroom price Honda city V variant is another good option too, which has almost everything you need.

Last edited by Latheesh : 17th March 2021 at 10:46.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 11:20   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Leaving safety rating aside Korean twin base variants look really good (I was watching few videos of Creta EX variant which was sub 10L when launched). Skoda cannot price base variants above 10L if it cannot match/exceed features comparing to Creta. On top of it Kushaq does not have SUV look to match. Around ~ 10.5L ex-showroom price Honda city V variant is another good option too, which has almost everything you need.
I dont think Kushaq is targetting the Base Variant of Korean Twins. Its targetting the next variant above base . Would be wrong if we accept it to be priced similarly to Koreans and provided Similar Features. The USP of Skoda of Build Quality, Ride Handling will be the only trump card over the Koreans.

Korean Twins need to work on the 1.5 Petrol engine as i felt it is mediocre engine . They should think of replacing 1.5 P with the 1.0 Turbo Petrol engine in the base variants.
Old 17th March 2021, 11:59   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Would be wrong if we accept it to be priced similarly to Koreans and provided Similar Features.
It is absolutely fine if they are targeting to sell around ~ 2000 units, but they need to undercut Korean twins by at least 50K if they are targeting 4-5000 units a month. On top of it Kushaq do not have SUV look and overall stance looks more like S-Cross. I will book one if decently kitted base variant is priced under 10L. That 1L TSI+6 speed combo, decent features, space, and safety are all I need
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 12:41   #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Teaser to the unveil
5 teasers overall.
3 done until now.
- camouflaged Journo review
- Exterior sketch reveal
- Interior sketch reveal

What's left (as of now)
- Static unveil
- Dynamic unveil

This is starting to get a bit annoying :(
growlshant is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 13:36   #549
Senior - BHPian

Any idea when we can expect drive reviews of the production version of the vehicle? Hope that is what Skoda means by dynamic unveil. Multiple events and teasers are annoying when a customer is unable to get to know the basic details of the product. Hope they will atleast divulge all the product features by variant tomorrow.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 13:43   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Any idea when we can expect drive reviews of the production version of the vehicle?...
ŠKODA's management team keeps talking of mid year, so I assume that the test drive(media)/ showroom display and deliveries will happen in June.
Opening date for bookings will be announced tomorrow.

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th March 2021 at 14:02.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 17:26   #551
BHPian

Here is the link for the kushaq static unveil tomorrow

Last edited by aansh singhania : 17th March 2021 at 17:29.
Old 17th March 2021, 17:48   #552
BHPian

Looking at the profile of both these soon to be launched vehicles. The roofline of the Taigun seems to slope down lower from the top which gives me the impression that the Kushaq will have more rear headroom and overall airiness.

The same observation for the bonnet as well which seems a tad longer and flatter for the Taigun.

Note - This is just conjecture by observation of the current pictures they have on their websites. I have no information on this.

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-sk-v-vt.png
Old 17th March 2021, 18:16   #553
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Vision IN SUV spotted testing in India EDIT: Branded as the Kushaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

I am sure the price reveal will not happen tomorrow. So all speculation on price for now will be wasteful.

They will just remove all the camouflage tomorrow.
:

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 17th March 2021 at 18:17.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 20:50   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
They will just remove all the camouflage tomorrow.
I heard from reliable source that it is really a static premiere, means they do not even have rotating display platform. Car is just lifted and placed it on the stage using a crane. Are you sure they are removing all camouflage tomorrow? or is it just the exterior unveiling? Please do not spread fake information.

Eagerly waiting for the unveiling tomorrow and hope we have pricing details soon.

Last edited by Latheesh : 17th March 2021 at 20:54. Reason: typo
Old 17th March 2021, 21:07   #555
Senior - BHPian

What's with car makers in India? It's like a strip-tease show. They and their inch-by-inch reveal! Display the car, announce the prices, start booking, have a media drive. All on the same day and be done with it.

At this rate, by the time this car hits road, Koreans will have put another lakh of their SUVs on roads. And, on our roads, Most seen is most sold or Most sold is most seen ( jo dikhta hai wo bikta hai OR jo bikta hai wo dikhta hai ).
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed