Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2020, 10:55   #121
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post
Also ,would it offer any segment first features?

I've already booked Seltos HTX and waiting for its delivery in Feb . Should I wait for Skoda or go ahead and bring the Korean home in Feb /late Jan.
The Koreans have so many features that i don't they have spared anything, the vision will be matching all the features but i don't think it will bring anything new, but the Koreans lack the safety and vision will not, plus it would be undercutting in terms of price as well .

The length is going to around the same as that of the competition. I think if you aren't in immediate need of the car you should wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Kudos to Skoda team.

ESP+4 airbags as standard, 5 star GNCAP rating along with rumored 10-16 lakhs ex-showroom price bracket will put a significant dent on the sales chart of Creta and Seltos.
Thanks yesyeswe for sharing exciting information time to time. Keep them coming.
That's why i keep on posting whatever information i gather from time to time so that potential car buyers wait for the car to get launched and don't end up buying gizmos instead of a safe car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneo View Post
Thanks for all the info around the Vision SUV, going by the spyshots it seems it will retain the rear drums at least for the 1.0 TSI, and may be it will get discs for the 1.5 TSI trims.
It's rear drums only on variants unfortunately, let's wait for the car to get launched and check the braking performance ourselves. There's a very small market for a 4X4 vehicle, plus the increased cost of research and development is not worth it. We already have thar for our 4X4 needs

Last edited by yesyeswe : 23rd December 2020 at 11:20.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 12:07   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
It's rear drums only on variants unfortunately, let's wait for the car to get launched and check the braking performance ourselves. There's a very small market for a 4X4 vehicle, plus the increased cost of research and development is not worth it. We already have thar for our 4X4 needs
The advantage with Skoda is that they have got all the Tech in their kitty, it's just about packaging it together.

The Thar is a more hardcore offroader which going by its current spec is not a great fit for a family man who occasionally wants to venture out into a bit of slush or aggressive slopes. With the Duster AWD gone, the only option for such a buyer would be to look at the Compass which costs a bomb! The space for a compact versatile 4x4 has just been consistently ignored by all manufacturers in India because buyers are not well informed and also get confused thinking Traction control can be a full-time substitute for AWD.

Maruti didn't get the Ignis AWD, their Jimny has been the longest rumour in the market.

The Karoq comes with a 4x4 package abroad, but they didn't get it here. After the Yeti 4x4, the particular space has been left vacant and at least an option of getting a 4x4 drive should be there on the brochure.

In the UK stuff like panoramic sunroof is also present as optional accessories.
Old 27th December 2020, 10:30   #123
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Vision IN spied on video at Nariman point in Mumbai

Last edited by Venkatesh : 27th December 2020 at 10:31.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 14:06   #124
BHPian

Saw 2 of these from near Andheri. Was next to them on my bike at a signal, unfortunately couldn't take pics. Both the cars had alloys, peeked in and could see a sunroof, but not a panoramic one. The entire dashboard was taped up but I could see the tacho and the speedo, it wasn't the virtual cockpot but were analog like my rapid. In terms of size, slightly larger than the Sonet but I felt it was smaller than the Creta/Seltos, but I could be wrong here.

Eagerly looking forward to this, I will probably end up booking one as soon as it opens.
Old 28th December 2020, 19:47   #125
Senior - BHPian

I spotted Vision IN in pune.

tushky is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 20:05   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I spotted Vision IN in pune.
Since you have seen it up close, can you share your thoughts on Road presence of this in comparison to Creta/Seltos? Or is it more like Duster?
firstdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 20:26   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Since you have seen it up close, can you share your thoughts on Road presence of this in comparison to Creta/Seltos? Or is it more like Duster?
Actually to be honest, i was totally looking in my mobile while recording the video. but as much as i saw the car, it felt like slightly bigger Maruti Brezza.
tushky is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 23:33   #128
BHPian

Zigwheels recently interviewed Zac Hollis and must say Skoda is very tight-lipped with their India 2.0 products. The Vision IN will get its name in Jan 2021 and will be previewed to the masses in March 2021 followed by a launch in mid-2021. Its going to be a long wait!
But nonetheless, it was great to know more about Zac personally in the below video, enjoy

Venku2015 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 11:51   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Actually to be honest, i was totally looking in my mobile while recording the video. but as much as i saw the car, it felt like slightly bigger Maruti Brezza.
Clearly it's not much tall like the S-Cross, which can help in handling. The length definitely is as per class standards (Creta, Seltos, S-Cross, etc).
Old 3rd January 2021, 19:54   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneo View Post
The advantage with Skoda is that they have got all the Tech in their kitty, it's just about packaging it together.
In the UK stuff like panoramic sunroof is also present as optional accessories.
They have everything present but they have to look what are market wants and it cares about, creta/seltos don't have any awd or offroad capabilities, yet it is selling in hot numbers. They are investing in things that actually matter and the things that would attract the public.

Moreover there's a whole lot of features which have been reserved for the future face-lifts, so we might have to wait a while for them as well.

Do remember that they are not going to skip any safety features and the build quality is going to be excellent as well, and that costs them as well.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 3rd January 2021 at 19:56.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 16:16   #131
BHPian

Quote:

Moreover there's a whole lot of features which have been reserved for the future face-lifts, so we might have to wait a while for them as well.
This really doesn't make much sense. Why bring a half baked product to the market when you are up against formidable competition.

I am eagerly waiting for the launch and will book either a Creta or Seltos in the mean time (to avoid further delays in case the Vision IN is not as impressive)
rahulvv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 18:46   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvv View Post
This really doesn't make much sense. Why bring a half baked product to the market when you are up against formidable competition.

I am eagerly waiting for the launch and will book either a Creta or Seltos in the mean time (to avoid further delays in case the Vision IN is not as impressive)
This is how Skoda misses the bus at every single opportunity! lol. Skoda has a role model to follow in front of them in the form of Creta and Seltos, all they need to do is come up with an irresistible package and not try to be adamant by saying we will provide quality cars instead of features! If Skoda is looking for a turn-around in the Indian market, they need to come up with an overall stellar package, especially considering they won't be having any diesel engine options. The case for example would be the new upcoming XUV5OO, Mahindra is not leaving any stone unturned and in fact, they are coming up with several segment-first features.
Now I know a lot of you will say the segment-first features from Mahindra will need to be reliable and stuff... but we should appreciate that they are introducing these features in the segment which only heats up the competition and compels other manufacturers to follow suit.

Last edited by Venku2015 : 4th January 2021 at 18:49.
Venku2015 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 21:13   #133
BHPian

Every car manufacturer reserves some features for the face-lifts and future models, if they would give all the features with the launch then there wouldn't be anything left for the face-lifts. Even if you compare creta and Seltos, there are some features which the other doesn't have, and they would be coming with the next face-lift.

Regarding vs the competition it would have everything that the competition is having, i have mentioned that before as well. Moreover we should not forget that Skoda doesn't skimp on safety features and build quality, which the competition is clearly lacking.

If all we care about is bling, then we should go ahead with the Koreans, but if we want a car which fulfils all the criteria, then just wait for the car to get launched. Otherwise it's your money you can purchase whatever car you like. I just can't purchase an unsafe car knowingly.
yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 22:43   #134
BHPian

No, all I am looking for is a well-rounded package that suits the masses with solid basic structure, features, reliable engine and gearbox combo backed with an honest after-sales service. Also, it makes very little sense to reserve today's age features for a facelift that will mostly be planned 1.5 years to 2 years after the initial launch, and hence loose significant market.

I am not happy with the Koreans and hence have high hopes on these German's!
Old 4th January 2021, 23:19   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
...all they need to do is come up with an irresistible package and not try to be adamant by saying we will provide quality cars instead of features!
That’s not a template that appeals to everyone, and I’m glad of it.

Quote:
Moreover we should not forget that Skoda doesn't skimp on safety features and build quality, which the competition is clearly lacking.
Not that they’re perfect, they do have a well earned reputation for both build and a lack of customer service post sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
No, all I am looking for is a well-rounded package that suits the masses with solid basic structure, features, reliable engine and gearbox combo backed with an honest after-sales service. Also, it makes very little sense to reserve today's age features for a facelift that will mostly be planned 1.5 years to 2 years after the initial launch, and hence loose significant market.
Agreed, and the way VAG Group cars are built allows them to introduce features that aren’t even features today. I’m sure they will cover all the basics, but there will be the odd feature which finds its way in in the next face lift. I find their cars most value near the end of their life span.
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks