Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2020, 17:24   #46
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Features coming
6 airbags
ESP only on automatic
Ventilated seats
60:40 split
Sunglass holder on top
Sub woofer in boot

Sunroof will only be a small one unfortunately.
Wireless android auto, my friend doesn't know yet.
All the other features i have mentioned to him
Oh only a sunroof? The Skoda Vision IN site says Panoramic sunroof, why Skoda why?
So the only crossover in the 20 lakh segment offering this is the new Creta, damn! This is how the Koreans win over others
Skoda should offer a Panoramic sunroof at least in the top end variants. People love panoramic sunroofs, the family enjoys the views and it does uplift the entire cabin ambience plus most of all, people won't mind paying extra for this!!

Last edited by Venku2015 : 28th November 2020 at 17:30.
Old 28th November 2020, 19:53   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Now i'm asking you folks for any good ideas, the car is already loaded with many features. My friend doesn't know that i'm asking here, but what place can be better than a car forum full of enthusiasts.
I would say they should target the SX variant of Creta which is more VFM, Minus the sunroof add the safety features and plonk the 1.5 TSI.

They should try something different to what the Koreans have done just to stay in the game.
1.5 TSI in a mid level variant would justify the premium for Skoda which many will buy.

Don’t make it a rule like others to launch your best engine only in top variant.

Do something different or I may say “SIMPLY CLEVER” and make the koreans think if they missed this opportunity!
firstdrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 21:14   #48
BHPian

Yeah, launching ESP + Traction control in midrange model with Automatic at around 14 lacs Ex showroom will be "simply clever" !
Old 29th November 2020, 11:46   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

With high expectations and alternate for many to the current bunch of SUV's, the SKODA SUV( K L I Q?) spied again:

- The test mule reveals LED headlamps, halogen fog lamps, wraparound LED taillights with a signature pattern and different alloy wheels.

-The butterfly grille that is common to Skoda cars looks bolder (bigger)on the Vision IN-based compact SUV

- 1.0-litre TSI turbocharged petrol paired with a 6-speed manual / 6-speed torque convertor

- 1.5-litre EVO turbo petrol engine be exclusively sold with the 7-speed DSG. ( Mid and top variants?)

- Likely to start around Rs. 10 lakh, topping out at Rs. 18 lakh (ex-showroom) for the DSG variant.

- Rear tail lamp design to be Kamiq inspired

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-13.png

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-3.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-6.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-1.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-4.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th November 2020 at 12:10.
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 17:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
With high expectations and alternate for many to the current bunch of SUV's, the SKODA SUV( K L I Q?) spied again:

- Likely to start around Rs. 10 lakh, topping out at Rs. 18 lakh (ex-showroom) for the DSG variant.

Link
18 Lakh ex-showroom for the top end Version??!
What happened to Skoda's claim of pricing these SUVs below Creta and Seltos? With a smaller size
(compared to the aforementioned competitors) and an only petrol lineup, I wonder what happened to VAG's claims of localisation.
Old 29th November 2020, 19:30   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorp_Knight View Post
18 Lakh ex-showroom for the top end Version??!
What happened to Skoda's claim of pricing these SUVs below Creta and Seltos? With a smaller size
(compared to the aforementioned competitors) and an only petrol lineup, I wonder what happened to VAG's claims of localisation.
The price won't go above 16.5 ex showroom for the top of the line automatic variant, this is coming from insider source.
yesyeswe is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 19:36   #52
BHPian

Quote:
The price won't go above 16.5 ex showroom for the top of the line automatic variant, this is coming from insider source.
Wow! If that’s true hope they have not compromised on the safety front to cut the cost.
That would be the last thing that Skoda wants in Indian market.
firstdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 21:00   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Wow! If that’s true hope they have not compromised on the safety front to cut the cost.
That would be the last thing that Skoda wants in Indian market.
My source told me that it would get atleast 4 stars in GNAP, so no worries on the safety front.
yesyeswe is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 21:48   #54
VRJ
BHPian

Quote:
Umm I’m sceptical about this. No offence to your friend at Skoda. The Seltos top of the line petrol DCT is 17.5 ex showroom and Creta is 17.3 (CarWale). I find it hard to believe that Skoda would price a car that is:

1. Definitely better built,
2. Has a bigger and a more powerful engine,
3. One that probably drives better and has better dynamics,
4. Premium fit and finish.

My perception of the brand Skoda has always been a premium mass market manufacturer. Next are only the Germans. I would pay a lakh or two more (depending on the segment) for a Skoda (and a couple more for a Toyota (only for their fantastic reliable age-like-fine-wine engines and mechanical components, but not for their basic trash interiors) over other brands and I think Skoda knows this. I find it hard to believe it would be cheaper by a lakh over the Koreans. Just my personal perception on brands. Skoda is a class apart. An aspirational brand for me. No offence to any owners. Building VAG cars is definitely not cheap. I’m guessing 18–18.70. It would be 18L, if there was no panoramic sunroof though. Your friend did tell us there isn’t one, but I hope Skoda reconsiders and adds it. It’ll help the sales for sure.

One thing I’d like you to ask your friend, if possible, is if whether the 1.5 petrol engine is coming out with 130bhp or 148bhp output? Initially there were articles saying it would be 148 and then i read articles stating a detuned 130bhp. Now, I’m reading 148/150 again. Thank you

However, Skoda disappointed me in one thing recently. Zac Hollis recently tweeted about them not being able meet Rapid’s demand and that’s actually an embarrassing statement to make. Rapid/Vento together do around 1500 a month and the worlds largest manufacturer can’t meet demand? SHAME.

The Vision IN gives me good vibes and I’m expecting it to be a success. I hope Skoda is reading this, if you get 20k bookings in the first month, how many months will you take to deliver the cars? You can’t afford what Mahindra is doing with the Thar. One important thing is, a customer would wait 6 months for the Thar, but not many would wait for a normal SUV. The Thar has no alternatives and is a lifestyle product, but the Vision IN has very strong alternatives.

Cheers!
VRJ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 22:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

Skoda in general have kitted their cars well. The Octavia L&K had Segment First Features, here we expect them to do the same with Vision In. They will definitely include some Simply Clever Features at launch.

Features aside, I Hope Skoda offers Standard Features across the range, like Alloy Wheels, Height Adjustable Driver Seat, Rear Parcel Shelf, Electric Folding Mirrors, 4 Airbags, ESP etc to name a few.

While other features like Sunroof, Leather Seats, Powered Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors etc can be made available on Top Spec Variant. What is absolutely required and crucial feature should be made available across the range. That's how I like it. Also, they need to make sure a Base AT is also made available. The variants are likely to be Active, Ambition, Ambition Plus, Style, Style Plus.

With Creta Retailing at around 17.5 lakhs for Turbo Petrol, Skoda can very well price it at that point or even lower to indicate Hyundai that Creta is overpriced. I will be more than happy to go with Vision In over Creta due to Better Build, More Safety, Better Dynamics, Premium Interiors, at a slight cost of not so good After sales service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
However, Skoda disappointed me in one thing recently. Zac Hollis recently tweeted about them not being able meet Rapid’s demand and that’s actually an embarrassing statement to make. Rapid/Vento together do around 1500 a month and the worlds largest manufacturer can’t meet demand? SHAME.
If we go by Sales numbers, definitely there shouldn't be any problem in getting one of your choice. Volkswagen doesn't utilize the production completely for domestic market. They export too and that's more profitable for them.

Before October, my friend was looking at Polo TSI, his 1st Option was Blue, 2nd was Brown, but dealers didn't have those in stock. He was ready to wait and the dealers informed that those color are currently not in stock at plant. Due to lower demand for that particular variant/color combo, His choice was 1.0 TSI Highline Plus. Dealer offered Sunset Red, White, Grey, Silver for him, but he didn't like them as much as Blue & Brown. He decided to check Vento TSI. There too the case repeated.

Next we went to Skoda Dealership to check Rapid. Rider Plus was falling in his budget, but there was shortage of stocks. Dealer was pushing for Ambition/Style TSI. They were available in all colors but not the Rider Plus.

I know that most dealers play with what stock they have to reduce burden, this was a different case altogether. My friend gave up the VW Twins and bought Nexon XM Petrol.

So, the problem lies with VW where they are not alloting cars based on dealership demand. If you go and ask a White or Silver or Red Polo, you can get them immediately, but any other color, dealers are clueless. That pretty much mirrors what Zac Hollis has said on Twitter. Maybe it's their way of implying that the demand is higher than supply.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 10:27   #56
BHPian

Panoramic sunroof is not going to be there, that has been confirmed.

There would be two engine options, 1.0 tsi and the 1.5 tsi having 150 hp. Both of the engines would come with automatic gearbox, while the former would get the torque converter unit, the latter would get DSG with paddle shifters. Both gearbox would come with a manual gearbox as well.

There would be three trims, active, ambition and style, no plus variants. Four airbags are standard while the top variant would get 6.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 30th November 2020 at 10:30.
yesyeswe is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 11:03   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Panoramic sunroof is not going to be there, that has been confirmed.

There would be two engine options, 1.0 tsi and the 1.5 tsi having 150 hp. Both of the engines would come with automatic gearbox, while the former would get the torque converter unit, the latter would get DSG with paddle shifters. Both gearbox would come with a manual gearbox as well.

There would be three trims, active, ambition and style, no plus variants. Four airbags are standard while the top variant would get 6.
So maybe the Plus variant will be launched later after the initial market response with additional stuff like panoramic sunroof and few other features?
Skoda will definitely lose a few customers for this omission!
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 11:08   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
So maybe the Plus variant will be launched later after the initial market response with additional stuff like panoramic sunroof and few other features?
If you spot test vehicles with the Panoramic Sunroof, you are likely to get it at launch or at a later date. If not, this option is likely not to be available in this segment of VAG cars for India.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 11:10   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
Maybe that can happen in future, but skoda doesn't launch plus variants, they have onyx and monte carlo editions, so we will get that.

1.5 tsi would be launched in three trims, with the DSG being available in the mid and top variants. Manual gearbox would be available in all the trims as well.

The 1.0 tsi would have three trims as well, torque converter gearbox in the top two trims and manual gearbox would be there for all three as well.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 30th November 2020 at 11:18.
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 11:47   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe that can happen in future, but skoda doesn't launch plus variants, they have onyx and monte carlo editions, so we will get that.

1.5 tsi would be launched in three trims, with the DSG being available in the mid and top variants. Manual gearbox would be available in all the trims as well.

The 1.0 tsi would have three trims as well, torque converter gearbox in the top two trims and manual gearbox would be there for all three as well.
Wow, that's a nice spread of engine and gearbox combinations! Since you have a plethora of information on the Vision IN, can you also post the tentative month of launch and also if we are going to get the Onyx and Monte Carlo editions initially?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed