Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2021, 18:33   #196
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonHyd View Post
Could you confirm from your sources whether the rear brakes are discs or drums?
Rear brakes are going to be drum type, i have mentioned that before as well, read this thread from page 3, you will get to know about more information as well.

Many cars have rear drum brakes only and have a pretty good braking performance, Harrier has rear drums but no one have mentioned any issues with it, so you don't have to worry about that.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 19:24   #197
BHPian

I think 1.0 TSI will undercut the Korean competition but 1.5 TSI will be much more costlier.

If anyone has please share the relative localisation between Koreans and Skoda.
Old 10th January 2021, 21:18   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Rear brakes are going to be drum type, i have mentioned that before as well, read this thread from page 3, you will get to know about more information as well.

Many cars have rear drum brakes only and have a pretty good braking performance, Harrier has rear drums but no one have mentioned any issues with it, so you don't have to worry about that.
At the outset, I would like to thank you for getting the members updated on Vision In now Kushaq.
This forum is getting real excited and momentum is building up for the car to launch. I am in queue for a compact SUV other than the Koreans. VW’s Taigun and Skoda’s Kushaq are the much awaited cars in 2021. I was much inclined towards Taigun when I saw her at the Auto Expo, but now since Kushaq is coming earlier, I have changed my mind.
I would like to see Kushaq in sporty awatar rather than wearing the conservative colours like grey , silvers, and whites.
The concept design has a reflector or light running across the boot. Whether the same will carry on to the production model. This is not very clear after seeing the test mules.
Also we have seen the camouflage car externally many a times, now would be interested to get a glimpse of the interiors. Nevertheless, would like to thank you each one of you for posting the updates on Kushaq.
jazzy47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 22:42   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enginesoul View Post
I think 1.0 TSI will undercut the Korean competition but 1.5 TSI will be much more costlier.

If anyone has please share the relative localisation between Koreans and Skoda.
Even 1.5 tsi variant is going to be cheaper than the Korean's 1.4 turbo petrol or it would match the price , don't worry about that. Moreover remember that kushaq is going to be safer and have better quality parts, that costs a lot of money too. Check this thread from page 3, you will get a lot of information about the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy47 View Post
At the outset, I would like to thank you for getting the members updated on Vision In now Kushaq.
My main purpose of revealing the information is to inform people of the car, i know apart from the features and the gimmicks the car is going to be safe, and i want everyone to buy a safe car, my relative lost his life in a tin can, i don't want that to happen to anyone . Because of the information provided by me, a lot of you would wait for the launch and make an informed decision and maybe not regret later on.

If you can wait more skoda is going to launch the onyx and the monte carlo editions of the kushaq within a year of the launch, that is definitely going to look sporty and maybe have some extra features too.
My source has seen the car from inside out and it looks like a bit smaller karoq, the interiors are top notch too.
yesyeswe is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 22:58   #200
BHPian

Quote:
If you can wait more skoda is going to launch the onyx and the monte carlo editions of the kushaq within a year of the launch, that is definitely going to look sporty and maybe have some extra features too.
My source has seen the car from inside out and it looks like a bit smaller karoq, the interiors are top notch too.
Hey yesyeswe, will the car be similar to Koreans in length? As it seems a bit smaller than them in the spy pics. Also, when can we expect to see offical pics of the car? And what's the tentative launch month?
Old 10th January 2021, 23:04   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post
Hey yesyeswe, will the car be similar to Koreans in length? As it seems a bit smaller than them in the spy pics. Also, when can we expect to see offical pics of the car? And what's the tentative launch month?
Length wise I don't know, but the wheel base is same as Koreans, the launch is going to be in June, official pics are in the in the pipeline as well.
I have forgotten about some of the details, so maybe i might be wrong about some things.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 10th January 2021 at 23:06.
Old 10th January 2021, 23:29   #202
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for sharing the info. I read a few posts from page 3. Yet to read the rest. By the way, do you have any concrete info on the all new octavia? Does it come with 2.0 tsi? If yes, same state of tune as superb or detuned? Approximate launch date date and approximate pricing of 2.0 tsi variants?
DonHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 23:50   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the info. I read a few posts from page 3. Yet to read the rest. By the way, do you have any concrete info on the all new octavia? Does it come with 2.0 tsi? If yes, same state of tune as superb or detuned? Approximate launch date date and approximate pricing of 2.0 tsi variants?
About octavia i don't have much info, i only know that it's going to launched with both 1.5 tsi and 2.0 tsi, regarding the state of tune, my guess is it's going to same as superb, cause there's no middle ground in between 150hp and 190 hp, if they were to detune the 2.0 tsi to say like 175hp, they would rather use the 1.5 tsi and increase the output by 15-25 hp. Moreover the last octavia had 180 hp in the 1.8 tsi, so the current one having 190 hp in the 2.0 tsi is nothing extra ordinary. I'll see if i can get any more info.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 08:51   #204
BHPian

Quote:
About octavia i don't have much info, i only know that it's going to launched with both 1.5 tsi and 2.0 tsi, regarding the state of tune, my guess is it's going to same as superb, cause there's no middle ground in between 150hp and 190 hp, if they were to detune the 2.0 tsi to say like 175hp, they would rather use the 1.5 tsi and increase the output by 15-25 hp. Moreover the last octavia had 180 hp in the 1.8 tsi, so the current one having 190 hp in the 2.0 tsi is nothing extra ordinary. I'll see if i can get any more info.
By detuning, I was referring to the torque figure but hope it remains at 320 as, the present gearbox can handle it. If skoda launches octavia 2.0 tsi with same state of tune, rear independent suspension and undercuts the superb by a couple of lakhs, that would be great.
Old 11th January 2021, 11:57   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post
Hey yesyeswe, will the car be similar to Koreans in length? As it seems a bit smaller than them in the spy pics.
I think the Koreans will definitely be more roomier. Speculatively length-wise it would be close to 10 cm less and width less 3 cm less compared to the Seltos/Creta.
I think the 1.0 TSI will not hold up to the Korean 1.5 NA in terms of power delivery. DSG might help though compared to manual. The 1.5 TSI will ideally be overpriced looking at VWs past pricing strategy. The VW twins need to compensate the customers wisely for the relative lack of space inside. Not make the car cheap but price to make it right value for the money.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 14:28   #206
BHPian

Quote:
By detuning, I was referring to the torque figure but hope it remains at 320 as, the present gearbox can handle it. If skoda launches octavia 2.0 tsi with same state of tune, rear independent suspension and undercuts the superb by a couple of lakhs, that would be great.
Got some information from my source, the octavia would have the exact same engine specs as the superb in the 2.0 tsi variant, it would be launching before the kushaq maybe in March. That would be a really sweet configuration to drive.

Even the variant with the 1.5 tsi would be really good, reviews of T-Roc and karoq praise the engine a lot, so the engine would perform equally good in the octavia as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
I think the Koreans will definitely be more roomier. Speculatively length-wise it would be close to 10 cm less and width less 3 cm less compared to the Seltos/Creta.
I think the 1.0 TSI will not hold up to the Korean 1.5 NA in terms of power delivery. DSG might help though compared to manual. The 1.5 TSI will ideally be overpriced looking at VWs past pricing strategy. The VW twins need to compensate the customers wisely for the relative lack of space inside. Not make the car cheap but price to make it right value for the money.
Man have you read the reviews of the 1.0 tsi? Every member of tbhp has really praised the engine, including our moderator team and even GTO! Whether it's the polo or the Vento or the rapid, the reviews are same, the engine is a hoot to drive, very peppy and revv happy, it has it's short comings due to the turbo lag but still.

Even if we compare the engine specs with the creta's 1.5 Naturally aspirated one, 1.0 tsi makes 108 bhp and 175nm of torque, whereas the creta makes 113 bhp and 145nm of torque. NA engine has it's own benifits like, free revving nature and linear power delivery, but the 1.0 tsi is in another league.(that's what everyone says on our forum)

In case of pricing of the 1.5 tsi in the kushaq, i have my reliable sources, skoda is going to match or undercut the prices of the Koreans, this is their do or die attempt, they are not going to take any risks. In the past they always kept their prices higher, but this time it's different. Or maybe anything is possible, we have to wait for the launch.

They are going to compensate(if there's anything to compensate for) with a better build quality, with better safety features and with better driving dynamics.
yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 15:27   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Got some information from my source, the octavia would have the exact same engine specs as the superb in the 2.0 tsi variant, it would be launching before the kushaq maybe in March. That would be a really sweet configuration to drive.
That's some good news. Octavia is a legend and with the absence of Jetta, it is the only aspirational car in the D1 segment. Can't wait to see it launched. Although the 2.0 tdi was a gem of an engine, the 2.0 tsi takes performance to a different, almost vrs level. Wish Skoda achieves success this year that they deserve.

One last doubt. Will the 2.0 tsi variants come with regular or black interiors? I wish they give both options so that customers can choose accordingly. Personally I prefer light colour interiors

Last edited by DonHyd : 11th January 2021 at 15:33.
Old 11th January 2021, 17:15   #208

Quote:

In case of pricing of the 1.5 tsi in the kushaq, i have my reliable sources, skoda is going to match or undercut the prices of the Koreans, this is their do or die attempt, they are not going to take any risks. In the past they always kept their prices higher, but this time it's different. Or maybe anything is possible, we have to wait for the launch.

They are going to compensate(if there's anything to compensate for) with a better build quality, with better safety features and with better driving dynamics.
A bit offtopic but relevant to this thread.

A few days back I had done the TD for Vento TSI Automatic, I had also shown my interest in the upcoming Taigun to the VW dealer. Today I got a call from the dealer that they are accepting pre-bookings for the VW Taigun. He also said that there are going to be only 1000 units up for sale like the T-Roc....!!!

I further grilled him that how can I pre-book without knowing the various models, he hesitantly told me that the pricing will be around 13-18 lacs on-road Mumbai and the top trim will come with the 1.5 TSI DSG engine/gearbox and digital cockpit, sunroof etc.

Deliveries start in June.

I am sharing this info so we have a basic idea about the pricing of the Kushaq.
rkaria1970 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 19:31   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkaria1970 View Post

He also said that there are going to be only 1000 units up for sale like the T-Roc....!!!
This does not add up. Taigun is an almost new car, designed specifically for Indian market and manufactured locally. VW will definitely build more than 1000 units of it (hopefully in lacs). T-Roc was imported as CBU, hence there was an upper limit of 1000.

Could this be something like those smartphone flash sale on e-commerce? I'm not sure, if that is a good idea.

Also starting pre-booking 6 months before the launch, is something I haven't seen before.
Old 12th January 2021, 10:31   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkaria1970 View Post

I am sharing this info so we have a basic idea about the pricing of the Kushaq.
The information regarding the engine-gearbox, June launch and the approximate price is correct, but it's not a CBU or not even a CKD, so there's no cap on the number of cars being sold, moreover this dealer is just trying to get some money from gullible folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toroid View Post
This does not add up.
Could this be something like those smartphone flash sale on e-commerce? I'm not sure, if that is a good idea.
Also starting pre-booking 6 months before the launch, is something I haven't seen before.
The dealership is just trying to fool gullible folks, they are just trying to get some advance money, this is what happens when your product sells very low and you are cash strapped.

There's no flash sale or whatsoever, god forbid if it starts happening in case of cars too
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks