Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2021, 16:34   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

A huge disappointment for existing Polo/Vento/Rapid having 5 memebers in the family. The 5th passenger will still be unwelcome
But then, none of the other cars are known for seating 5 in comfort either.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 16:46   #272
BHPian

Just by looking at these heavy camouflaged prototypes the thing that comes to my mind. I pray that the production models are taller!! Take those roof rails away and you realise how short this car is!!
coldice4u is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 17:40   #273
BHPian

I couldn't help but notice the front overhang in the different video reviews. It wasn't the case with Vision IN. Maybe all this is done to release more space within the cabin. Could be a reason it isn't appearing SUV'ish enough to most!

Pic Source : Youtube and Google
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-kushaq-vs-vision-.jpg  

Last edited by Diesel_Drives : 25th January 2021 at 17:41.
Diesel_Drives is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 17:40   #274
BHPian

So much for all the hype on prototype launch. Sometimes, it behooves to listen to the common man as well i would think when it comes to designing features of vehicle and not just the motor publications and channels

First impressions, the car is definitely not as tall as the Seltos or Creta. Which seems to be a good thing. Tall so called SUVs do look like a bit of a box. To me this trends more towards a station wagon minus the long overhang. Coming from a Ford Fusion, i feel its a nice looking vehicle

Are the black alloys standard ? Looks sweet and i think all 4 disc brakes. Would be nice to see painted calipers, same as body color or contrasts

All reviewers mentioned a good ride quality, stiffer on the slow and smoother as you speed up. Apart from Korean/Japanese vehicles, i think the European and American stables have stiffer suspensions.

Near flat tunnel helps negate the stuffy 5 seating space i guess. Does the middle passenger get adjustable headsets and regular seat belts ?

Waiting to hear more as i have put off my new vehicle purchase for more than a year now. I have a Storme, but with the older folks getting more older, getting in and out has become a tedious task for them and i need a vehicle into which they can walk in
subraiyr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 17:45   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Are the black alloys standard ? Looks sweet and i think all 4 disc brakes.
I doubt the rear has disc brakes, you can see the reflective disc in the front wheels, I dont see it in the rear.

On a separate note, the wheels do look much smaller than what we see on the Creta/Seltos.
Turbolove is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 17:47   #276
BHPian

My observations:
1) Ground clearance seems to be pretty good. May be 190 easily.
2) rear windows seems small.
3) With 2651 wheelbase, there is a chance that boot space will be smaller than competition. But cabin space might be class leading.
4) Looks like Kushaq might get only 2 disc brakes.
5) wheels seems slightly smaller(16 inches?), may be 1.0 tsi?
6) Grill is smaller in size, but have an imposing look.
7) seat height appears to be as good as competition.
Old 25th January 2021, 17:55   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The new ŠKODA KUSHAQ: made for the world, in India

Attachment 2113100
I must say that Skoda's camouflages are simply neat and outstanding. Comparing to Mahindra and others they always do a neat job in their camos.
#ABTorquey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 19:18   #278
BHPian

Product is good enough, but Skoda should expand and improve their sales and service network. Right now they have no showroom in all of Uttarakhand. The closest Skoda showroom to me is in NCR, a good 8 hours and 360 kms away.
YD14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 19:27   #279
BHPian

Very excited to see the finished product. From the reviews, it seems to have gotten the mechanicals absolutely right. 1.5 TSI + DSG in such a compact car will be a hoot to drive. I think this will slot right in between the sub-4m SUVs and the Creta/Seltos in terms of size and footprint. If equipped right and priced well, the Kushaq and Taigun have the potential to make a dent in the Creta-Seltos dominance.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 20:34   #280
BHPian

Good to see Skoda taking feedback from the journo group. Very excited to see more competition in the Creta / Seltos segment. Skoda should be able to offer an much better car than the korean twins (build, mechanicals, gear box, stability etc.).

Skoda will eventually have to bring in the diesel motors to capture volumes.
Old 25th January 2021, 22:24   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
I think this will slot right in between the sub-4m SUVs and the Creta/Seltos in terms of size and footprint.
Yes, it will probably sit in between sub-4 M and Creta/Seltos, size-wise. But, what about price-wise? I don't think we can expect any VFM pricing from Europeans. In that case, this will only increase sales of Creta/Seltos.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 22:46   #282
BHPian

The Kushaq sure looks like a well proportioned, smart proposition from Škoda to finally break into this segment.

There's no doubt in my mind that it'll find takers over the Seltos and Creta. Škoda's interior packaging is Superb (hahaha ha..ha-ha..heh..nevermind) and I'm sure they'll do a good job with this one too, especially considering the 2651 mm wheelbase, longer than both of the Korean siblings.

I don't expect it to be "loaded" the way we've come to expect from (Korean) manufacturers but it should make up for that in solidity. Off the top of my head, a panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting strips (footwell lights at least) and a well-tuned ICE with a dedicated subwoofer would bode very well for it. If the top-end version crams in ventilated, electrically-adjustable seats, it's golden.

Good times ahead for the discerning Indian car buyer!
Singh101 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 23:11   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh101 View Post
Off the top of my head, a panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting strips (footwell lights at least) and a well-tuned ICE with a dedicated subwoofer would bode very well for it. If the top-end version crams in ventilated, electrically-adjustable seats, it's golden.

No panaromic sunroof as confirmed by the journos. Only regular sunroof as of now.
Old 25th January 2021, 23:31   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh101 View Post

I don't expect it to be "loaded" the way we've come to expect from (Korean) manufacturers but it should make up for that in solidity. Off the top of my head, a panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting strips (footwell lights at least) and a well-tuned ICE with a dedicated subwoofer would bode very well for it. If the top-end version crams in ventilated, electrically-adjustable seats, it's golden.

In my opinion,, the top trim should not try to under cut the Koreans on pricing and aim to sell it on the Skoda USP of safety. Features like all 4 disc brakes, seatbelt pre-tensioners, EPB must be added to the top trim to solidify it's safety focused cars image. Other trims can do the undercutting job and push the numbers.
ShankarG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 23:48   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
In my opinion,, the top trim should not try to under cut the Koreans on pricing and aim to sell it on the Skoda USP of safety. Features like all 4 disc brakes, seatbelt pre-tensioners, EPB must be added to the top trim to solidify it's safety focused cars image. Other trims can do the undercutting job and push the numbers.
Agreed! Though that shouldn't be a problem with Škoda- they'll definitely price it at a premium like..everything else they sell, maybe except the Rapid Rider.

I'm pretty confident the safety checklist will be thorough. I'm sure they'd also like to capitalise on the negative publicity of the 3-star NCAP rating of Seltos in favour of their engineering and build quality.

I personally don't mind drums in the rear. I too was fascinated by "all-round disc brakes" until one day I dove deep into the subject and came to the conclusion that well engineered drum brakes are just as reliable and offer just as good a stopping power as discs if not better- in a variety of conditions.

It's absolutely wishful thinking but I'd much rather have a fully independent rear suspension setup!
Singh101 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed