Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2021, 00:34   #361
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

10.5-16.5 L price range is indeed a great pricing for Kushaq. The top end undercuts the Koreans by a good margin. I will prefer a skoda SUV over Kia or hyundai with similar specks, even if it is at a slightly higher premium. IMHO having a stripped down base variant at 9 L is not really good move, as it may reduce the value perception of the top end variant.
Sorry for going off topic, is there any chance of seeing octavia hybrid in india ?
rapid_fire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 00:49   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid_fire View Post
10.5-16.5 L price range is indeed a great pricing for Kushaq. The top end undercuts the Koreans by a good margin. I will prefer a skoda SUV over Kia or hyundai with similar specks, even if it is at a slightly higher premium. IMHO having a stripped down base variant at 9 L is not really good move, as it may reduce the value perception of the top end variant.
Sorry for going off topic, is there any chance of seeing octavia hybrid in india ?
There's not going to be any stripped down version at 9 lakhs anytime soon, even the current base variant of kushaq is not making profits for skoda, but it's having decent set of features so who knows maybe skoda might pull out a rider edition(bare bones variant) out of their hat in future.

No hybrids panned as of now.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 3rd February 2021 at 00:50.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 05:04   #363
Team-BHP Support

I am not sure how we are still talking about the Kushaq “undercutting” the Koreans.

If Gurpratap’s recent interview with ACI is anything to go by, it seemed that they are targeting a value “luxury approach” with pricing marginally premium to the Koreans. From memory, that was my takeaway from the interview which I saw when it was just out.

No doubt by Skoda standards that will definitely be competitive but I don’t think they are suggesting outright undercutting the Koreans.
Axe77 is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 09:33   #364
BHPian

A request to team-bhp mods. As and when you get your hands on the car (which VAG typically do) could we also do a thorough review of the changes in the platform vs MQB-A0? We have already seen the differences in the Seltos/Creta and even Venue twins vs their international counterparts. One of the thing that stands out for VAG cars is how they feel, no less an effect of the way the cars are constructed. While it may not be a game-changer for most of us, a few would still want to hear your opinion on the changes.
Annibaddh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 09:42   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid_fire View Post
The tech / reliability concerns aside the hybrid would not be a bad move at all. A 1.0 TSi combined with the hybrid motor would have similar efficiencies as the Diesel and enough torque too. This could be VAG's way out of having to bring the Diesels, and still offer immense value on their petrols across their line-up. Features like highway coasting, active cylinder management should return brilliant refined experience, excellent value.

Ps. @Mods, making 2 posts since the topics are entirely different. Do merge if necessary.
Old 3rd February 2021, 19:48   #366

Off topic but wanted to share the below news. First, it was VW with Taigun ads during Ind-Aus tests and now this move from Skoda to connect to people.

"Chennai Super Kings (CSK) get new title sponsor, Skoda signs 75 Cr deal with MS Dhoni’s team"
https://www.insidesport.co/ipl-2021-...s-dhonis-team/

Last edited by pbr88 : 3rd February 2021 at 20:08. Reason: Adding headline of article for better readability
pbr88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 01:02   #367
BHPian

Spotted a convoy of 3 Skoda Kushaqs. They seemed to be in production spec.

Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-screenshot_20210203171549_gallery01.jpeg  

vaish9925 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 13:18   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I was told from an insider source that the speakers were from jbl but the branding isn't used as the manufacturer wanted extra money for the branding, but the information might be wrong as my source might have heard it from someone as well. But for stock speakers they are indeed very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
I don’t think Skoda or VW for that matter use JBL speakers, there must be some misunderstanding here. Yes, the stock speakers are very good but they’re definitely not JBL’s.
I was once told the OEM speakers on VAG cars are from JBL, didn’t doubt the claim as they do sound quite good. However recently got an ICE upgrade on my 2014 Rapid top spec variant & found out the speakers are not from JBL. Checked the branding on its back & found them to be from “FOSTER”. Haven’t heard of this brand so a quick google search showed the company to be based out of Tokyo, Japan!! Interesting to see Germans having a Japanese supplier manufacturing in China for a made in India car! Foster seem to be into production of loudspeakers, audio equipment, and electronic equipment. Stock speakers are decent indeed. Hopefully Skoda has planned for a great sound set up & a premium branded one at least for the top end Kushaq. For some of us a great music set up along with everything else that Skoda brings to the product mix will surely make the drive sweeter!

On a separate note, Kushaq launch has got me super excited after a long time when it comes to new cars. I might just bite the bullet & upgrade replacing the Figo we have as our second car for city. This time, eager to try out the DSG! Under 20 big ones for the top spec on road pricing in Bangalore would be fantastic... wishful thinking
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-f1e19579734649868e80732a3a22312b.jpeg  

Last edited by suhas_raj : 4th February 2021 at 13:24.
suhas_raj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 14:01   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
However recently got an ICE upgrade on my 2014 Rapid top spec variant & found out the speakers are not from JBL. Checked the branding on its back & found them to be from “FOSTER”. Haven’t heard of this brand so a quick google search showed the company to be based out of Tokyo, Japan!!
First time I saw these OE speakers from Foster were on a Vento. When I upgraded ICE in my Polo in 2018, I saw the same set of Fosters again. Apparently, the Rapid too (perhaps all the entry level VAGs) gets the same and they are fairly decent, I'd say.

This is what I had in 2014 facelifted Polo. Looking at the date, it appears that our speakers were from the same batch

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-polospkfst.jpg
TurboGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 23:19   #370
BHPian

In this image the Kushaq seems to be as tall as prev generation I20.. Waiting to see the car in person in March, but I fear it will not have an SUV stance. The height with the rails also appears quite short. Not sure how will it look next to Seltos or Creta :
Attached Images

rahulvv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 08:32   #371
BHPian

Off topic but related to Skoda

Skoda has tied up with Chennai Super Kings as title sponsors for IPL 2021. They will be spending ₹ 75 crores for this and I guess VW & Skoda has understood the deep connection between cricket and our audience.

Source Skoda & CSK
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 13:05   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvv View Post
In this image the Kushaq seems to be as tall as prev generation I20.. Waiting to see the car in person in March, but I fear it will not have an SUV stance. The height with the rails also appears quite short. Not sure how will it look next to Seltos or Creta :
If roof height is one's criteria, nothing other than Scorpio, Fortuner, Endeavour will appeal to one. Even Creta/Seltos may not appeal because Wagon R is taller than these two. Actually, Wagon R is taller than all sub-4 metre and above SUVs.

Last edited by pgsagar : 6th February 2021 at 13:08.
pgsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 13:25   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
If roof height is one's criteria, nothing other than Scorpio, Fortuner, Endeavour will appeal to one. Even Creta/Seltos may not appeal because Wagon R is taller than these two. Actually, Wagon R is taller than all sub-4 metre and above SUVs.
Agree. Went to check Tata Nexon the other day. Sat in it and boy did I instantly missed the headroom of my Ritz. Even the in-cabin feel is roomier in Ritz. Few people who sat in the car during the recent prototype drive mentioned the car has ticked almost all boxes. And Rohan from Powerdrift is a 6ft tall guy, he would have point out the lack of space. Or at least hinted about it.
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 13:26   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvv View Post
I personally don’t mind the lower height. I believe the cabin is roomy enough based on the reviews. However all the reviews were mentioning about the higher body roll. Hopefully it would be sorted out before the launch.
Old 6th February 2021, 18:10   #375

Hi, a question as a novice. Someone who was earlier planning to buy a creta/seltos 1.4/1.5 l petrol, should he opt for a 1.0 l petrol version in case of Kushaq if the price is similar? Is the 1.0 tsi of kushaq better/equal than Creta/Seltos same range??
Sammy1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks