Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2021, 11:38   #376
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy1234 View Post
Hi, a question as a novice. Someone who was earlier planning to buy a creta/seltos 1.4/1.5 l petrol, should he opt for a 1.0 l petrol version in case of Kushaq if the price is similar? Is the 1.0 tsi of kushaq better/equal than Creta/Seltos same range??
The 1.0L TSI on Polo seems to be one of the best engines in terms or refinement and driving dynamics. Bases on all media drive everyone who have tested the 1L engine on Kushaq seems to have been impressed by the way the car performed. So if you were planning to go with 1.5L engine in Creta/Seltos, I believe you would be fairly happy if you select the 1L TSI one. But if you were planning to got for the 1.4 Turbo Petrol variant and planning to for 1L. I believe it may not be a fair comparison. I would wait to test drive once it comes out to get the real feel before deciding.

Speaking of TD. Does anyone know if the date is confirmed for the March launch of Kushaq?
SBM3J is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 17:09   #377

As per showroom in NCR, officially they do not expect the car launch to happen before May-jun21. The delivery may happen Jul-aug21.
Hope the wait is worth it.

Does anyone have any inside info. to help a prospective customer.
Old 8th February 2021, 18:42   #378
BHPian

Quote:
As per showroom in NCR, officially they do not expect the car launch to happen before May-jun21. The delivery may happen Jul-aug21.
Hope the wait is worth it.

Does anyone have any inside info. to help a prospective customer.
Go through this thread from page 3, i have shared a lot of information, features and other stuff. The July-August delivery timeline is correct, unveiling will be done in March.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 19:10   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Go through this thread from page 3, i have shared a lot of information, features and other stuff. The July-August delivery timeline is correct, unveiling will be done in March.
I thought they will start delivery from June for Kushaq and Aug-Sept for Taigun based on the previous rumors. But looks like its going to be further out. So it would be end of the year we see Taigun deliveries.

As usual thanks a lot for all the details on this thread.
Old 8th February 2021, 19:24   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
I thought they will start delivery from June for Kushaq and Aug-Sept for Taigun based on the previous rumors. But looks like its going to be further out. So it would be end of the year we see Taigun deliveries.

As usual thanks a lot for all the details on this thread.
Nothing has been confirmed yet, the car is still being tested extensively, accessories and other parts are still being designed/modified or getting tested, as it is a brand new car a lot has been going on. But skoda is saying mid year, that means June-July, but a lot depends on how everything goes up. I'll post if anything new comes up.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 20:40   #381

Quote:
Nothing has been confirmed yet, the car is still being tested extensively, accessories and other parts are still being designed/modified or getting tested, as it is a brand new car a lot has been going on. But skoda is saying mid year, that means June-July, but a lot depends on how everything goes up. I'll post if anything new comes up.
Do u have any info about what price range the top model in 1.0 tsi engine would be? Will it be in the range 16-17 ex showroom or possible lower?? Thanks in advance for your answer.
Old 8th February 2021, 20:54   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Do u have any info about what price range the top model in 1.0 tsi engine would be? Will it be in the range 16-17 ex showroom or possible lower?? Thanks in advance for your answer.
That's why i told you to go through this thread from page 3, you'll get all your answers, anyways the top variant with 1.5 tsi and DSG gearbox will be around 16.5 lakhs ex showroom, the base would start at around 10.5 lakhs ex showroom. So i guess the 1.0 tsi top variant would be around 12.5-13 lakhs
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 20:55   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Based on everything that I have read on this thread and other sources, top 1.5 TSI model with DSG will be around 16.5 (Ex-showroom). So top 1.5 TSI manual should be around 15 lacs (Ex-showroom). And top 1.0 TSI with manual transmission (if at all they launch top end with 1.0 TSI) would be around 13.5-14 lacs (Ex-showroom).
toroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 11:04   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's why i told you to go through this thread from page 3, you'll get all your answers, anyways the top variant with 1.5 tsi and DSG gearbox will be around 16.5 lakhs ex showroom, the base would start at around 10.5 lakhs ex showroom. So i guess the 1.0 tsi top variant would be around 12.5-13 lakhs
Any idea about the boot space? I read in the VW Taigun that it is going to be 330 L and it is going to be a deal breaker for me with highway usage. I hope it will be around 400 L, 350 L will be too less for me with grown up kids.

I have decided not to book Creta DCT and wait for Kushaq, mainly interested in 1.5 DSG though concerned about DSG reliability. I agree with you that safety and driving dynamics is more important than features. I have been a happy hyundai customer for the last 18 years with Santro and then Getz, hope Skoda is improving their after sales service with the new focus on India.

Thanks a lot for sharing the details helping us to make an informed decision.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 9th February 2021 at 11:06.
Old 9th February 2021, 12:02   #385
BHPian

Is skoda also going to reveal the price in march ? Or will the price list be delayed by any chance.
Old 9th February 2021, 12:09   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Is skoda also going to reveal the price in march ? Or will the price list be delayed by any chance.
They say global unveil in March with India delivery commencing from middle of the year. As it is a global unveil, the price may be announced later at an india specific launch. It seems Skoda wants to maintain the hype with multiple events. Camouflaged media drive seems to be industry first, do not recall any such event in the past.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 12:48   #387
BHPian

The carrot dangled by Skoda seems to be working it seems. So many people, like me, holding off their purchase. Hoping Zac Hollis to work his magic with the pricing and the after sales. The latter seems to have improved with lesser horror stories appearing on the forum.
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 15:14   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
They say global unveil in March with India delivery commencing from middle of the year. As it is a global unveil, the price may be announced later at an india specific launch. It seems Skoda wants to maintain the hype with multiple events. Camouflaged media drive seems to be industry first, do not recall any such event in the past.
Anyway the koreans are demanding a wait period of 4-6 months. I think its better to wait for the Kushaq. A 2-3 month timeline extend to my next car purchase wont really trouble me since my current car is doing absolutely fine.
speedfreak01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 15:19   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
The carrot dangled by Skoda seems to be working it seems. So many people, like me, holding off their purchase. Hoping Zac Hollis to work his magic with the pricing and the after sales. The latter seems to have improved with lesser horror stories appearing on the forum.
Carrots are fine. But there is a limit to how much you can push. I think VW/Skoda are flirting on that line with pushing the timelines out. I think some of the Kushaq and Taigun events are going to overlap which might cause some confusion in the market. If the Kushaq deliveries doesn't start by June, its going to cause more issues for the group as Taigun might eat into some of the good name created by Kushaq marketing campaign.
SBM3J is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 22:43   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post

I have decided not to book Creta DCT and wait for Kushaq, mainly interested in 1.5 DSG though concerned about DSG reliability.
As much as I dislike DSGs for their reliability concerns and shift-jerks in traffic, if I were to buy one, I would only buy one from VW group. After all, they were the inventors of DSG (right?) and after almost two decades, they must have near perfected it.

You might as well check out upcoming Citroen Aircross and MG Hector CVT.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed