Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2020, 10:25   #31
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

This will attract a lot of well informed and educated buyers who are fed-up of the inconsistent and sub-standard treatment of the Korean's provided Skoda doesn't follow the suit of localizing and downgrade the quality! I only wish, Skoda takes their after-sales service to next level, expand their reach to tier 2, 3 cities and off they go.
I am very much optimistic on this Vision-IN - Kliq and if priced right, will be a hot seller.

Last edited by Venku2015 : 17th November 2020 at 10:27.
Venku2015 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 11:11   #32
BHPian

With the rumoured price bracket of 10-16 lakh ex-showroom, Vision-In has the potential to take the fight to Creta/Seltos specially after the recent GNCAP rating which bursted the ballon about Seltos. New-gen Creta will be no different.

If we go by the build quality of VAG cars, I am expecting at least 4 star GNCAP rating from Vision In if it's tested. Personally, I am looking forward to this car.
Deadpool is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 19:24   #33
BHPian

Like other BHPians here, I am also hoping that Skoda doesn't water down its MQB A0-IN platform in the process of heavy localisation like Kia.

Asked Zac Hollis about the same on twitter. Apparently, he gave a very diplomatic reply wherein he said that they will offer quality and safety levels which customers in India expect from Skoda (but didn't say yes to whether they will be similar to EU cars).
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-screenshot_20201119_191428min.jpg  

klgiridhar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 12:43   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klgiridhar View Post
Like other BHPians here, I am also hoping that Skoda doesn't water down its MQB A0-IN platform in the process of heavy localisation like Kia.

Asked Zac Hollis about the same on twitter. Apparently, he gave a very diplomatic reply wherein he said that they will offer quality and safety levels which customers in India expect from Skoda (but didn't say yes to whether they will be similar to EU cars).
I think it's too early to comment on the crash performance as the vehicle is still under test and hence the diplomatic response from Zac Hollis.

We got to wait and see how it fairs once the vehicle is launched and going by VAG cars, they are all well built and let's hope this one won't be any different!
Venku2015 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 13:37   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klgiridhar View Post
Obviously for the reason that it won't be up to the EU crash regulations level. No company would say negative about their product. He is expected to be diplomatic.
That said, they will be relatively safe products considering the history of safe products that they've given us all these years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
I think it's too early to comment on the crash performance as the vehicle is still under test and hence the diplomatic response from Zac Hollis.
It is never early. The targets are all in place before someone even gets to see the actual car, Product Development Teams know it ( Especially the guys handling Crash simulations). The evolution of a Product happens with the aim for certain crash ratings in mind. Though they cannot know the exact ratings, they can predict what ratings they get based on the intrusion levels.
Also, the vehicle appears to be testing with all it's production intent Body Parts. I'm sure they have already crash tested the vehicle internally by now and know how it performs. Companies don't reveal Internal details though, at least not to the public.
21Archer84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 17:19   #36

An interesting product for Skoda which can be a potential gamechanger if they are able to spec if right. A lot of upgrader segment customers will not mind paying that brand premium for Skoda (over a Hyundai or a Kia) if they're able to provide "value" and live up to their "affordable luxury" positioning in the market.
Old 27th November 2020, 18:27   #37
BHPian

My friends works at skoda and he's in product development department, yesterday he was asking me about some ideas/features which could be implemented in the new skoda suv.

He told me that there can't be any changes to the metal and basic frame of the car but the plastic parts and interiors could have those new ideas/features addition.

I suggested him, 1) sun visor with adjustable extentions so that when you move them to the side they cover the whole area
2) vanity mirrors with lights on both the sun visors
3) front parking sensors
4) loading hooks in the front passenger footwell area

Now i'm asking you folks for any good ideas, the car is already loaded with many features. My friend doesn't know that i'm asking here, but what place can be better than a car forum full of enthusiasts.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 27th November 2020 at 18:28.
yesyeswe is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 21:19   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Now i'm asking you folks for any good ideas, the car is already loaded with many features. My friend doesn't know that i'm asking here, but what place can be better than a car forum full of enthusiasts.
Good to have such a friend :

In addition to your list, here are my preferred features:
  • 6 airbags
  • ESP
  • Disc brake for all 4 wheels
  • Ventilated seats
  • Wireless Android Auto/Carplay
  • Sunglass holder on the roof
  • Sub woofer in spare wheel hub
  • Left ORVM dipping when reverse gear is engaged
  • EPB with Auto hold
  • Mute button on steering wheel
  • Drive modes
  • 60:40 split folding rear seat

These features are already available in the VAG stable. It would be nice if Skoda could provide these features at least in the top variant alone.
gopi_rm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 22:25   #39
BHPian

Quote:
My friends works at skoda and he's in product development department, yesterday he was asking me about some ideas/features which could be implemented in the new skoda suv.

He told me that there can't be any changes to the metal and basic frame of the car but the plastic parts and interiors could have those new ideas/features addition.

I suggested him, 1) sun visor with adjustable extentions so that when you move them to the side they cover the whole area
3) front parking sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Good to have such a friend :

In addition to your list, here are my preferred features:
  • 6 airbags
  • ESP
  • Disc brake for all 4 wheels
  • Ventilated seats
  • Wireless Android Auto/Carplay
  • Sunglass holder on the roof
  • Sub woofer in spare wheel hub
  • Left ORVM dipping when reverse gear is engaged
  • EPB with Auto hold
  • Mute button on steering wheel
  • Drive modes
  • 60:40 split folding rear seat
Excellent info, thank you so much. I am desperately waiting for the Vision IN and hope they also include a Panoramic sunroof plus all of the above-suggested features. Have a look at all the finer details on the official Skoda Vision IN news site here: https://www.skoda-auto.com/news/news-detail/vision-in

The vehicle looks imposing and just the right balance in proportions, the luxury and features for the 20 lakh SUV segment. I am expecting the top of the line 1.5 TSI DSG variant to cost no more than 20 Lakhs on road, please tell your friend about the price we are expecting

Last edited by Venku2015 : 27th November 2020 at 22:31.
Venku2015 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 23:27   #40
BHPian

Features coming
6 airbags
ESP only on automatic
Ventilated seats
60:40 split
Sunglass holder on top
Sub woofer in boot

Sunroof will only be a small one unfortunately.
Wireless android auto, my friend doesn't know yet.
All the other features i have mentioned to him
yesyeswe is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 00:08   #41
BHPian

That is one really good friend.
My inputs:

1. Well one interesting feature is the cup holder under the AC vents like in the innova and fortuner.

2. Another is an under seat storage tray.

3. Tilt and telescopic steering wheel.

4. Driver and rear seat armrests with a little storage if possible.

5. Long press keyfab buttons for windows up and down.

6. This is could be too much to ask for but retractable Sun shades for rear doors.
db DrivE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 10:57   #42
BHPian

Quote:

3) front parking sensors

May i please request you to check with your friend, if there is any indication if it will come with 4 discs, a rear independent suspension(highly doubtful), Haldex AWD and a Wet Clutch DSG or AT rather than the dry clutch DSG?
adneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 11:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Features coming
6 airbags
ESP only on automatic
Ventilated seats
60:40 split
Sunglass holder on top
Sub woofer in boot

Sunroof will only be a small one unfortunately.
Wireless android auto, my friend doesn't know yet.
All the other features i have mentioned to him
Almost everything has been mentioned by fellow BHPians. Can I add 360 degree camera please.
Old 28th November 2020, 12:57   #44
BHPian

I sure hope that they launch several trims to cater to different customers. While having all these features is a bonus VAG customers would love a well built car that drives well at price that is competitive to the Koreans and the Japanese.

It would be slightly disappointing to get the 1.5tsi dsg only in the top trim that is fully loaded.
NT56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 13:37   #45
BHPian

Quote:
You sir are lucky to have such a friend.

Please tell your friend that if the car has great safety, a sorted drivetrain and is well built like expected from VAG cars usually, I'm pretty sure there will be a serious amount of customers already lined up even if there were a few less flashy features, that is if it is going to be aggressively priced compared to the Koreans.

As far as features are concerned apart from what fellow BHPians have already told ,maybe All Black interiors and a few Simply Clever touches throughout the car should be great to have.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks