Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 16:42   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Skoda Kushaq spotted in Pune

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-fb_img_16100178815483046.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-fb_img_16100178855359487.jpg

Source : MotorBeam
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 17:56   #167
BHPian

Looks like it has some great road presence, really good proportions
Old 7th January 2021, 19:27   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babruvahanaaaaa View Post
Interesting name, reminds us Bengaluru folks of kushka, a Biriyani rice served without meat. Kushak is a variant of krushik - farmer. Certainly a good move, sticking to an Indian name. Meanwhile an Instagram user certainly did not like it.
They must have produced excess 'K' and 'q' letters while making logo/decals for Kodiaq and Karoq
Guna is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 19:41   #169
BHPian

Just hope they move to the market soon. And make neat strategic decisions, coupled with great after sales service. Basically do anything and everything from becoming a 'Kalanq' in the market.
creative420 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 19:55   #170
Senior - BHPian

Personally find the name a little weird but then names don’t matter much as long as the car is good. Really hope the car is solid inside out and gives people an alternative to Korean cousins in compact UV segment

If names mattered much Creta would have been dead by now. Laura though is a whole different level, am sure skoda learned their lesson post that
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 07:27   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq to be offered in 3 petrol engines in various transmission combinations?

Quote:
The firm has already prepared the mechanical offer, in which the diesel will not be present. Only gasoline engines, a 1.0-liter three-cylinder MPI inherited from the Skoda Rapid and a 1.0 TSI with 110 hp , both with manual or automatic CVT transmission and the top of the range, the 1.5-liter four-cylinder TSI with 150 hp and gearbox 7-speed DSG automatic.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 08:30   #172
BHPian

When is Skoda India planning to launch this vehicle?
Old 8th January 2021, 08:38   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
When is Skoda India planning to launch this vehicle?
Expected to be launched in June/July (including deliveries to start ).
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 09:45   #174
Senior - BHPian

Good to have a Indian name on a car. Hope Indian car makers do the same. Hopefully, the name is also whetted across the globe to mean nothing bad in any other language (which is the norm for names). Although I know this is only for Indian market.
Never understood why Laura had to be mis-pronounced or even written that way to sound something else

Last edited by srishiva : 8th January 2021 at 09:48.
srishiva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 10:07   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I find the name very weird. May be the guys speaks Hindi or Sanskrit find it normal, but for other language speaking people it’s weird.

Yeah, I drive a car called Kushaq
The same goes for Gravitas, sounds Mexican. Thankfully, that was changed.
Well said, but going by the increasing use of Hindi in advertising by most brands, they seem to think the market south of the Vindhyas doesn't really matter, which is odd given the relative affluence of the southern states.

I was hoping they'd go with Kosmiq from the relatively dull and uninspiring list, which has an 'Indian' sense to it but isn't from any one vernacular.
RoadTrippin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 10:15   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda Kushaq to be offered in 3 petrol engines in various transmission combinations?
Is the 1.0 MPI confirmed for the Kushaq? Since the Vento and Indian Rapid don't offer it, I have my doubts that it will be offered on the Kushaq, except to possibly lower the starting price. Also, how reliable is the news that the 1.0TSI will have a CVT? I don't think the Volkswagen Group has used a CVT since the Multitronic on older Audis. Wouldn't the better route be to use the torque converter currently available on the Vento and Rapid?
Old 8th January 2021, 10:25   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Surprised to see no TC gearbox in the list especially since (as already pointed out) Skoda doesn't have a CVT gearbox in, at the least, it's Indian lineup currently.

I am keenly looking forward to this car & will be hugely disappointed if Skoda gives this the TC gearbox a miss.
Old 8th January 2021, 11:10   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
Is the 1.0 MPI confirmed for the Kushaq? Since the Vento and Indian Rapid don't offer it, I have my doubts that it will be offered on the Kushaq, except to possibly lower the starting price. Also, how reliable is the news that the 1.0TSI will have a CVT? I don't think the Volkswagen Group has used a CVT since the Multitronic on older Audis. Wouldn't the better route be to use the torque converter currently available on the Vento and Rapid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
Surprised to see no TC gearbox in the list especially since (as already pointed out) Skoda doesn't have a CVT gearbox in, at the least, it's Indian lineup currently.

I am keenly looking forward to this car & will be hugely disappointed if Skoda gives this the TC gearbox a miss.
Read this thread from the page 3, you will know a lot about the car, including the engine, gearbox and safety details. No 1.0 mpi engine and no cvt gearbox is coming.
yesyeswe is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 11:55   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Read this thread from the page 3, you will know a lot about the car, including the engine, gearbox and safety details. No 1.0 mpi engine and no cvt gearbox is coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Both the cars had alloys, peeked in and could see a sunroof, but not a panoramic one. The entire dashboard was taped up but I could see the tacho and the speedo, it wasn't the virtual cockpot but were analog like my rapid.
I have gone through this thread and read the information shared by you. Contrary to promo video, you had said that the car won't have panoramic sunroof as also not have a virtual cockpit. Both these things will possibly turn out to be true as observed by Shome in a test car.

So as per my assessment, your information is reliable but till the launch many news pieces will float around with conflicting information.
Old 8th January 2021, 13:26   #180
BHPian

All I can say about the name is "chal patli gali se Khisak" (get lost)

Imagine people yelling at a slow driver "aye kushaq, jaldi khisak" (O kuashaq, move fast)

But I would be on the list if they lauch a good vehicle with the 1.5 TSI
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks