Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2021, 07:35   #331
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Its seems to me that Kushaq is an Indianized version of Kamiq as the dimensions are almost the same. Which is not a bad thing at all, but hoping that the drive is more octavia than rapid. If 1.5 tsi engine plus dsg gear box is available at around 15 lakhs on road this won't be a bad deal! And Skoda please have nardo grey as a colour option!!!!

Last edited by IN07KL0484 : 29th January 2021 at 07:51.
IN07KL0484 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 10:19   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
The timeline is pretty packed up, the most important product is kushaq, so all the energy and resources are put into it, then they would be launching the octavia, and finally kodiaq, exact month isn't planned as a lot can change till then.
Hi, do you know if 1.5 tsi is manufactured in india or imported like 1.3 engine in kicks. If this 1.5tsi is a made in india engine, can we expect this in future octavia? So that octavia might be available with competitive pricing.
Old 29th January 2021, 10:24   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It has a cooled glove box, Ventilated seats and whole lot of features that the competition offers, you should check this thread from page 3, i have mentioned so many details.
Hi yesyeswe, it's known for sure, the Kushaq will get ventilated seats?
Old 29th January 2021, 10:24   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN07KL0484 View Post
If 1.5 tsi engine plus dsg gear box is available at around 15 lakhs on road this won't be a bad deal!
It's impractical to expect the 1.5 + DSG at 15 lacs on road.

The Rapid top of the line automatic with a 1 litre engine comes at around 15 on road. The 1.5 + DSG on the Kushaq will probably be on the top variant and should be around 20 lacs on road Mumbai.
Shreyas_H is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 14:14   #335
BHPian

If you guys would have followed this thread from the beginning you would have got all the answers you needed. I have answered all your questions before as well, but here we go again.

It doesn't even matter where the engine is manufactured if the company decides to put it in a particular car. Octavia would have 1.5 tsi as well as 2.0 tsi.

Kushaq is going to have Ventilated seat in the top variant.

The top variant is going to cost around 16.5 lakhs ex showroom. Which would have 1.5 tsi and DSG
yesyeswe is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 15:50   #336
BHPian

Quote:
The top variant is going to cost around 16.5 lakhs ex showroom. Which would have 1.5 tsi and DSG
Thanks for all the updates along the way.

Just had one doubt regarding the tentative price, correct me if I am wrong as I thought the top spec 1.5 TSI + DSG was going to be the premium offering of the range, but at the supposed INR 16.5 Lakhs Ex-Showroom, doesn't it undercut the current top spec Koreans by a healthy amount? This is considering both Seltos and Creta go for about 17.5 lakhs Ex-showroom atleast here in Kerala.

If the price stated is indeed right it's a really good deal for the 1.5 TSI especially with the DSG.
Abhinav_2502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 16:05   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
Thanks for all the updates along the way.

If the price stated is indeed right it's a really good deal for the 1.5 TSI especially with the DSG.
Well Korean twins are well established in the market, they have more showrooms and a better image as well. So to counter them skoda and volkswagen have to undercut them to lure in more customers. Maybe if kushaq started selling well they might increase the prices a bit.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 18:55   #338
BHPian

Quote:

Kushaq is going to have Ventilated seat in the top variant.
Thank you for all the insights and info provided on this thread.

Were you able to get confirmation on if Kushaq is going to have ‘wireless’ CarPlay/android auto?

Considering we will be in a wireless world in the very near future, I think this is a vital feature to future proof the car for what’s in store on the mobile devices coming years.
SBM3J is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 22:12   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
Thank you for all the insights and info provided on this thread.

Were you able to get confirmation on if Kushaq is going to have ‘wireless’ CarPlay/android auto?

Considering we will be in a wireless world in the very near future, I think this is a vital feature to future proof the car for what’s in store on the mobile devices coming years.
Yes wireless android auto and apple car play is there as well, kushaq is going to have most of all features that are present in the competition, the only features missing are 360° camera, panoramic sunroof and poor build quality.
yesyeswe is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 22:46   #340
BHPian

Quote:
:
Is there a plan anytime that Skoda and VW service centres will officially cross serve cars from both brands?
Old 30th January 2021, 22:53   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Is there a plan anytime that Skoda and VW service centres will officially cross serve cars from both brands?
No idea mate, but they should do that, will double their service centers without much effort, most of their cars and the components inside are basically same.

I'll ask around, let's see if there's any plan of such kind.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 23:44   #342
BHPian

Quote:
No idea mate, but they should do that, will double their service centers without much effort, most of their cars and the components inside are basically same.

I'll ask around, let's see if there's any plan of such kind.
Yes would be a great step towards better utilisation of their workshops. Please suggest your sources to pitch this idea.

I believe atleast for routine services they should do this. Body shop and extensive repairs can be exclusive to only brand workshops.

Last edited by steadfast : 30th January 2021 at 23:47.
Old 31st January 2021, 13:17   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Panoramic sunroof is not going to be there, that has been confirmed.

There would be two engine options, 1.0 tsi and the 1.5 tsi having 150. Both would come with a manual gearbox as well.

There would be three trims, active, ambition and style, no plus variants. Four airbags are standard while the top variant would get 6.
That was a treat to my eyes, 1.5 TSI Manual !!

I was leaning towards 1.0 TSI Auto with Torque Convertor, but for 1-1.5L more maybe we will get 1.5 TSI MT with 150HP and cylinder deactivation tech ��.

With Maruti Suzuki also gearing up to launch a competitor (Although it will have a lame 1.5NA 5MT) Good times for Petrol heads indeed !!

Last edited by Aditya : 1st February 2021 at 05:01. Reason: Use of acronym
buntee90 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 10:20   #344
Senior - BHPian

I need to get an automatic mini SUV this year. I am keenly looking forward to the Kushaq launch, mainly the 1.5 TSi with DSG. The auto journos were not excited with the performance of this version and mostly rooting for the 1 L version. Hope the production version will provide good performance and driving dynamics.

Hope Skoda will sort the after sales experience with the new strategy. I have been a Hyundai customer for the last 18 years and mostly happy with the after sales of Hyundai, but do not like the design of the new Creta much and prefer the build quality of Germans. I do not have much usage of car now and can wait. Hope Skoda will provide a good package with competitive pricing.
Old 1st February 2021, 16:07   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq, rendered ( as close as it gets to the real one):

Quote:
The front end as a whole will retain its design, except that the headlights will receive a simpler filling.
Quote:
On the side, the most noticeable difference will be the door handles, which will be located along the stamping.
The side mirrors will be similar to other models of the brand, in particular, the exact same ones are installed on the larger Karoq.
The most noticeable transformation is expected at the rear, where there will be lights of a slightly different shape with additional white segments in the center (which the concept does not have), they will contain direction indicators and reversing lights.
The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-1.png

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2.png
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st February 2021 at 16:12.
volkman10 is offline   (18) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks