Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2022, 20:14   #121
BHPian

Re: Ventilated Seats, no more a luxury in India!

I am not sure if the ventilated seats are a must-have. Its definitely nice to have but its not a deal breaker for me. I have had one in my ride for the past 4 years and I perhaps used it like 2 or 3 times and that too for very short duration. The cabin is comfortable enough with the ACC even in scorching summer heat. The missus completely dislikes it, so the passenger side one has never been used as far as i can remember.

I would rather the manufactures gave an inbuilt dash cam both in the front and back instead of ventilated seats and those tiny sunroofs. It beats me why something cheap and useful has never been thought off for even D+ segment cars.

Last edited by SR-71 : 17th January 2022 at 20:19.
SR-71 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:26   #122
BHPian

AIRBRACE Apron Plus – Fan Fitted Ventilated Seat Cover | Cooling Seat Cover | Car Accessory | Suitable for All Cars https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09N718NP7/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Using this in my Scross last 2 days. Definitely serves the purpose. Fan is bit noisy but considering the poor nvh of Scross is cleverly getting balanced. But it's not much irritating and it's equivalent to Fan speed 3. I can feel the cool airflow on my back and bottom. Significantly effective. No more sweat back in Chennai climate (though climate is cloudy today).

Last edited by Jebs : 9th May 2022 at 15:27. Reason: Typo
Jebs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 15:57   #123
BHPian

I came across this.

Where is it available? Is the cost of 15k per seat (without seat cover cost) not excessive? As, the entire car upholstery needs to be changed, besides shelling out 30k for the ventilation system for the two front seats. May cost upwards of 80K.

Comments pl.
Old 11th August 2023, 19:01   #124
BANNED

It is, quite honestly, very less likely that I'd use the feature down south.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th September 2023 at 18:06. Reason: Grammar
Old 11th August 2023, 19:43   #125
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn_nike View Post
It is, quite honestly, very less likely that I'd use the feature down south.
I've experienced it and love it. I'm in Bangalore too.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th September 2023 at 18:06. Reason: Quoted text edited
nidhikapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 21:20   #126

Ventilated seats is my number one requirement for my next car. I really miss this feature in my Honda City during hot Hyderabad summers and is one of the main reasons I am looking to upgrade to another brand which has this feature. One of the other compulsory feature in my next car has to be 360 camera with blind spot camera. Give me these features and I'm happy.
chutzpah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 08:26   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
AIRBRACE Apron Plus – Fan Fitted Ventilated Seat Cover | Cooling Seat Cover | Car Accessory | Suitable for All Cars https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09N718NP7/...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Could you let me know how this product's been working out for you over the last two years? I see that they have launched a 2024 model with newer locks and I was considering buying one for my car. Thanks in advance!
Old 4th April 2024, 16:22   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Could you let me know how this product's been working out for you over the last two years? I see that they have launched a 2024 model with newer locks and I was considering buying one for my car. Thanks in advance!
I had returned this product within a week time. Very slippery, noticable noise and not much difference i felt are the key factors.
Jebs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 13:29   #129
BHPian

Honda Elevate doesnt come with ventilated seats; but have an aftermarket fitment available.

I was told about this by the SA; anyone who has bought these and what has been their experience in their respective Honda Elevate's...

Would be nice to get an update on this.
Old 5th April 2024, 13:47   #130
Senior - BHPian

This is one feature that can't be dismissed as bling, it's absolutely incredible when temperatures are high and even better in muggy weather. I don't know how these luxury cars with plastic seats are not getting this feature, sweaty back is always irritating when driving.
Old 5th April 2024, 13:51   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Honda Elevate doesnt come with ventilated seats; but have an aftermarket fitment available.

I was told about this by the SA; anyone who has bought these and what has been their experience in their respective Honda Elevate's...

Would be nice to get an update on this.
Works fairly well. But not comparable to factory fitted seats. It is a Honda branded accessory and a good addition- better than not having them at all. Lower back & under thigh flow is better than the reclined back area. It has 3 airflow settings and also has a built in massager, Retails for 6K each (12K for a pair). There is a noticeable fan noise. Also, this will change the comfort level of seats- definitely not as comfortable as sitting on the original seats. However given our summers, I would pick it any day.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks