Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2020, 20:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors takes a sly dig at the new i20

Tata came to the fight underprepared and no amount of marketing is going to cover the fact that they brought NA knife to a turbo gun fight. Their turbo petrol Altroz should have been there from day one and by now they could have established it as an i20 rival especially when the i20 was an aging product in terms of lifecycle when the Altroz launched. The new i20 now will cover all the bases with NA/turbo petrol and diesel powertrain options flooding buyers with lots of options according to every budget.

A lot of festivals aren't celebrated between northern, southern, eastern and western states. Doesn't mean manufacturers or people cannot wish those who are celebrating one. No need to call it "slave mentality". Learn to accept Unity in Diversity. Thanks.
Nithesh_M is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 21:20   #17

The advertisement is hilarious IMHO. Reminds me of the old Tata Manza advertisement .
Mohd595 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 21:43   #18
BHPian

Re: Third-gen Hyundai i20 spotted testing in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Sad, TML is spending their resources on such cheap things rather then actually working on to improve their sales & service experience.

I think, it’s time that they realise that such nonsense won’t get them any brownie points, rather will only receive criticism.
There you goooo. Not one thread where we don't talk about their service quality, and it is no where related to even the ad. Everyone gets it, even the people who have bought Tata cars recently and have not experienced any service issues like me, have given up trying to argue about it. But for once let's not drag the service issue in every thread! Mods: sorry if I broke the forum rules, but every thread just turns into discussing their service quality.
Raghuwire is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:17   #19
BHPian

Liked it! These sly digs spice up the things a bit. Remember the German Trio pulling each other's? Better than lame puns/silly reasonings...
Zinda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuwire View Post
There you goooo. Not one thread where we don't talk about their service quality, and it is no where related to even the ad. Everyone gets it, even the people who have bought Tata cars recently and have not experienced any service issues like me, have given up trying to argue about it. But for once let's not drag the service issue in every thread! Mods: sorry if I broke the forum rules, but every thread just turns into discussing their service quality.
Yes, because that it the fact. Maybe you one of the lucky few who has a better experience with their service and I presume with the sales too. But my personal experience with their sales is pathetic to say the least and so is the service experience of my close friends who own a TATA vehicle.

The main point here is, to take such digs on a well establish player, one needs to atleast be at an equal level with that competitor, if not above. Anyway, I don't want to hurt the sentiments of TATA fanboys here. It was just my take on the ad with a more holistic approach. Simple as that.
ashvek3141 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 23:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
This bit of online banter is witty and good. Well done Tata and Hyundai, would love to see some others join in.
Absolutely, these are witty and interesting ads and I love the way it's played by both Tata and Hyundai, with respect. Both have held to their standards and is commendable.
Jude300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 23:56   #22
Team-BHP Support

I'd rather have a bit of back & forth banter, than brands spouting nonsense about 'exciting' tail-lamps, 'premium' chrome appendages and 'exhilarating' sticker jobs.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 00:21   #23

Although its witty. I wish Tata motors must retreat taking a dig at coveted i20 and launch the much awaited Altroz Turbo petrol which would be a real treat for all enthusiasts.
Old 4th November 2020, 08:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, because that it the fact. Maybe you one of the lucky few who has a better experience with their service and I presume with the sales too. But my personal experience with their sales is pathetic to say the least and so is the service experience of my close friends who own a TATA vehicle.
Yes, I agree with you that the service and sales needs to be improved. But trust me it has improved a lot from what it was 4-5 years ago. But still there's a long way to go. And since this is a legit issue that needs to be reflected in every thread, why don't we also equally reflect the life threatening brake failure issues and steering wheel issues with the Hyundai's in each thread.

Quote:
Saw this in a walk around video of the i20.
The top end variant comes with ventilated seats, which is I guess segment first.
Quote:
Should be helpful when the brakes are not working
chiefpk is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 08:48   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
This bit of online banter is witty and good. Well done Tata and Hyundai, would love to see some others join in.
Agree completely. Car rivalries make it so much more fun. And both ads are done in good taste. I'd rather have witty banter than drab me too advertising (or a Maruti.)

Hope the creative quality becomes much better.
Annibaddh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 09:18   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Sad, TML is spending their resources on such cheap things rather then actually working on to improve their sales & service experience.
This is just friendly banter. Companies like Swiggy and Zomato also do it to each other quite a bit.
Old 4th November 2020, 09:19   #27
BHPian

To add to Tata's confidence they seem to be having at the moment, a different angle to add to it is that India's Ace Investor Rakesh JhunJhunwala (known as India's Warren Buffet) recently increased his stake in TML. So it definitely seems they are feeling they have an ace up their sleeve at the moment.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/78677834.cms
viscosity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 09:34   #28
BHPian

IMO Altroz does not have the pedigree to compete with the i20. The outgoing i20 still sells significantly more numbers than the Altroz. So TATA mocking Hyundai is silly. The gap is only going to get bigger with the newer gen i20.
Gildarts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 10:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

I actually found it bold from TML. They really want to take the competition on.

We have always enjoyed such banter. The ones between the Red's and the Blues in the cola drink category was legendary.

Bring it on Tata ! This way, you will be forced to up your sales, your service and customer satisfaction.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 10:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuwire View Post
Yeah. Tata haters will simply bring it up regardless of what the topic is, as long as there's some mention of Tata somewhere.

And the service quality has actually gotten better in recent days.
hserus is online now   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks