Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2020, 12:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors takes a sly dig at the new i20

I think it's ok to have a little fun ! Besides there is nothing wrong in being a little confident. Tata is game on. They have reinvented themselves and are hungry for their pie of the market share.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 19:29   #62
BANNED

Another one on the occasion of valentine's day.
wheelguy is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 20:07   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Another one on the occasion of valentine's day.
Would you like to go on a "crashdate" with me ? Ha ha... Classy ! Tata definitely needs to work on a 1.2NA petrol. That is where the volume comes in. Turbo will not help coz of higher costs. If you want to capture market share, get a good, free revving, vibration free 1.2L NA engine. All said and done, Tata has gained confidence and they are playing to their new found strength. Fair enough !
I have started hearing "how safe is it" more than "what's the mileage bro". This is definitely a good sign for Tata Motors, FOR NOW ! FOR NOW is in capital letters coz Suzuki and Hyundai are companies who know how to make 5* worthy cars. Just that they are not making them because it is not mandatory and their cars are selling. The day the sales goes down or the govt makes it mandatory, they can make a seamless switch over to 5* rated cars. And then, Tata will lose it's USP. So they have to get a good petrol engine ASAP.
DieselAddikt is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 02:00   #64
Senior - BHPian

The Altroz looks definitely better than the new i20. Sadly, Hyundai has lost the design plot a bit. TaMo still has to get it's a.s.s right if they want to grow volumes even in the domestic market.
nickatnite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 02:05   #65
BHPian

Tata Motors takes a dig at both I20 & Baleno regarding their crash worthiness in a new video

Tata Motors again takes a dig at I20 & Baleno mocking their crash worthiness as compared to Altroz in their new video showing two draped cars (apparently I20 & Baleno) & saying “Hey Bae-Leno & Hi 20 , I know we have history” , & then showing an Altroz & saying “Would you like to go on a #crashdate with me?”
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors takes a sly dig at the new i20-63f68df1a6b14bcc8f9a60e87e32e6fd.jpeg  

Tata Motors takes a sly dig at the new i20-3a30c9036916436aaaf974b057cd21fc.jpeg  

H0RSEPOWER is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 05:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors takes a dig at both I20 & Baleno regarding their crash worthiness in a new video

There is nothing to mock about a car “Crash” in which lives may be lost. Somehow there seems to a romance developed with the GNCAP scores, as if its a feature set. I don’t see the message conveying the sense of dire consequences of an accident. Mocking for the sake of mocking is ok, but its one too many as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 14th February 2021 at 05:45.
fhdowntheline is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 10:53   #67
Bee
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors takes a dig at both I20 & Baleno regarding their crash worthiness in a new video

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
There is nothing to mock about a car “Crash” in which lives may be lost. Somehow there seems to a romance developed with the GNCAP scores, as if its a feature set. I don’t see the message conveying the sense of dire consequences of an accident. Mocking for the sake of mocking is ok, but its one too many as far as I am concerned.
Obviously the crash being referred here was a dummy-occupied-speed-regulated-environment-controlled one. And as long as a good GNCAP score doesn't become a standard norm amongst all cars, it sure deserves to be highlighted. Afterall, the designers have worked their bottoms off to focus on making the car safer instead of finding ways to shave weight or increase the hideousness of the grill. And if anything, they should market it much rigorously instead.
This type of healthy competitive marketing is what the Germans have been doing for long, but what amuses me is the fact that again, because it's Tata, they're looked through with a lens of hypocrisy.
Bee is offline   (91) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 10:58   #68
Team-BHP Support

I think its hilarious, lets not look into the detail and implications, just enjoy the fun!
ajmat is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 11:23   #69
BHPian

Looks like a healthy competition in terms of tangible advantages by the product(Altroz) rather than brand bashing. Hopefully such ads will push all automakers to make safety a baseline and not a luxury anymore.
WizSatish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 11:24   #70
BHPian

Savage! Nice execution of the theme without any offence. Fun.
LoneRidder is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 11:32   #71
VRJ
BHPian

Hahahaa I wasn’t expecting the “Would you go on a crash date with me” What a lovely advertisement. Tata has every right to mock the competition for giving us Indians substandard products. The Baleno’s build quality is absolute trash (coming from a Baleno owner, it’ll be totally OT to explain why we got one) and i have zero expectations on the safety of the new i20. Lost all faith in the Koreans after the Seltos crash test.

I thank Tata and M&M for putting in the hard work and raising the standards of safety in the mass market segment and caring about our Indian life’s.

Cheers!
VRJ is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 11:38   #72
BHPian

Hilarious indeed!
I don't want Tata to stop these anytime.
Hope these ADs awake the Indians to buy proper Safe cars.

On another note, as a Baleno owner, this is an embarrassment for sure. Little did I know while purchasing the car. Hope I will buy a safe car sooner.
amvj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 12:08   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I don't this there is anything bad here.
For whole decade, Maruti ran a cheap campaign "Kitna Deti Hai" and people were put into a trap of mileage and ignore security aspect of a car.
To shake up people's perception and make them realize importance of a safe car, Tata needs to do this.
rocketfinger is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 12:20   #74
BHPian

Clever marketing and hilariously funny! The choice of music made it 10x more funnier for me!
TaurusSHO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 12:26   #75
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Irrespective of what members think, such positive competitive spirit will go a long way in helping establish a safety culture around automobiles in India. Just like the famous "Kitna Deti Hai" ad barrage unleashed by Maruti firmly established the primacy of FE as the leading criteria for shortlisting cars in the general populace.

However, I do have one suggestion for Tata Motors. These sort of ad (#CrashDate etc.) campaigns only influence a small segment of the buying populace (Urban, educated and young). Tata Motors needs to come out with an ad-campaign which has a more pan-Indian reach (even better if there are several linguistic variations). The fact remains that the sort of audience that Tata is able to reach with the current campaigns does not have any substantial purchasing power (presently). An ad campaign which is relatable to a wider demographic (older population/semi-urban/rural etc. ) will not only help Tata Motors achieve greater sales but will also play a big role in establishing a safety culture around automobiles in India.

P.S: Apologies for any typos if present. I don't usually compose large text outputs on a mobile device.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed