Team-BHP - Renault’s Rs 1.35 lakh car ambition
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Renault’s Rs 1.35 lakh car ambition (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/22909-renault-s-rs-1-35-lakh-car-ambition.html)

Renault has just launched their Logan car in collaboration with Mahindra in the Indian market. The car is priced competitively and should give massive competition to existing players in the market including Maruti and Tata.
Now, Carlos Ghosn, chief executive of French carmaker Renault and also Nissan Motor Co has hinted that they are considering developing a brand new car for the Indian market. This product could be made in collaboration with Mahindra & Mahindra and its targeted price is set at $3,000 or about Rs 1.35 lakh.
If the plan goes ahead, it would become the first potent rival to Tata’s under development Rs. 1 lakh car which is expected to cost around the same on road in India when it comes out sometime next year.
Then there is Maruti which has the potential to launch a version of Maruti 800 at around the same price as they have the numbers to cut cost and sell this car at a substantial low price.
Ghosn was quoted as saying in the media: “For the Indian car market, it would be crucial to enter the volume segment. And for that a $3,000 price-tag (Rs 1.5 lakh) would be the threshold limit.”

Renault’s Rs 1.35 lakh car ambition for India

well he better not wait till 2010 for that car. By that time, everyone would have moved on to b+/c segment.

Also, he better offer a good product in hatchback, sedan, suv, van, estate options in B, C, D segments to make renault a true force in india.

(think like maruti or tata)

yeah well....maruti can probably afford to give away the 800 free now, given how much money they have already made off it. hell, they could even afford to start a " Buy a Baleno, get a 800 free" offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLL (Post 407341)
well he better not wait till 2010 for that car. By that time, everyone would have moved on to b+/c segment.

lets not talk about Metros here , there are many people in smaller towns who still dreams to own a car but are forced to Ride a Yamaha or a Honda motorcycle .

Under $3000: The Race To Build Really Cheap Cars (TreeHugger)

Thanks Carlos - we've seen your 6-lakh car thank you very much, and we can imagine what your 1.35 would look like.

If they compromised so much on features on the Logan, one wonders what they would provide in a car aimed at 1.35 lakhs. Time that they realize we moved forward from the cheap-only cars tag.

This is a possible outcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 421649)
Thanks Carlos - we've seen your 6-lakh car thank you very much, and we can imagine what your 1.35 would look like.

yeah...agree:

and then we notice that its just a box-on-wheels-with-no-frills for 1.35L

Quote:

Originally Posted by appuchan (Post 421705)
This is a possible outcome!

Yea this is very much possible in near future, agree:

lol:

I hope they provide steering wheel in base version .. lol !

I checked out the Logan when i went to see the Scorpio.. It looks exactly like the Sipani of the early 90s, which was supposed to be the competition for the 800. I have never seen a more ugly car even in my dreams. I was quite loud in my criticism that even a few potential customers got disappointed and i was very happy they did. But I get the feeling its going to be a hit sadly.

P.S...Guys I just need to know if i can buy the Safari Dicore without waiting for the 2.2ltr version. Please help me out..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 421649)

I concur in entirety

What can we expect...motorised quadri-cycle with optional umbrella top?!? ;)

Fiat also has got a small car called 500. pls check it on net.