Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2020, 00:29   #151
BHPian

re: Hyundai i20 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid__kaps View Post
The exteriors are very aggressively styled, which in my opinion makes it polarizing, it works for me though, apart from that unnecessary chrome strip on the rear.
Agree with you on this. Even i like the car except for that unnecessary chrome. Did you by any chance get to check the Magna variant.
As per the brochure,the lowest variant does not have that hideous chrome.
saion666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 13:39   #152
BHPian

After reading all the things being said about the price point of this car, felt I should log in and share an analogy that popped up in my mind.

See, there are two kinds of laptops. Ones powered by Windows, and the others made by Apple, i.e., Macbooks. If you compare the performance of both of them at one price point, it becomes obvious that the Windows machines are way more VFM and outperform the Macs in budget and mid ranges.

But people still buy the overpriced Macs, and get less bang for their bucks. This is due to the fact that even after 10 years of buying a Mac, it will run as smooth as it was first bought, because the manufacturer has great software and hardware support. On the Windows side, the laptop becomes rickety within 3-4 years, and you have to upgrade. Apple knows this, and they charge extra exactly for this better user experience.

This is exactly what Hyundai is also doing with their cars. They have built a rapport of making cars which won’t give up easily and have built a better network for good after sales experience, and they are cashing in on the trust.

It is a glaringly obvious fact, that the Altroz is better VFM package, but I doubt anyone on TBHP would state that Tata has a better track record of after sales and vehicle reliability than Hyundai.

As much as I would like to buy a turbo petrol car with DCT from Tata or Mahindra owing to my home brand bias, I lack confidence in the fact that they will have my back when my vehicle acts up as seen in horror stories and videos that pop up over the internet from time to time.
Dr.Mechanic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 14:23   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mechanic View Post

But people still buy the overpriced Macs, and get less bang for their bucks. This is due to the fact that even after 10 years of buying a Mac, it will run as smooth as it was first bought, because the manufacturer has great software and hardware support. On the Windows side, the laptop becomes rickety within 3-4 years, and you have to upgrade. Apple knows this, and they charge extra exactly for this better user experience.

This is exactly what Hyundai is also doing with their cars. They have built a rapport of making cars which won’t give up easily and have built a better network for good after sales experience, and they are cashing in on the trust.
Exactly! Its simply called the "Brand Value" and the company charge a "premium" to sell the "BRAND". The problem arise actually in the long run. Where such brand start to just charge more premium as people accepts to pay just because for the brand and very objective of longevity and reliability is not met in their products in the real world! They only get that personal satisfaction of having bought the brand, but in reality the product offers less value to it. That's were hyundai is heading into by charging more premium with feature and Suzuki started to fall back and sticking to basics offering bland cars and less gimmicky features. At this point, people do not prefer suzuki with premium offerings, eg XL 6, S cross 1.6, Baleno RS, Ignis. All these models carry lowest volumes than others.

Example. Nokia, Once the leader, it failed to sustain with the competition.
Apple is soon loosing the trend with their recent cover up of deliberate software to slow the phones and they justify it to increase the battery efficiency.

Take one plus, once positioned with slight premium chinese brand over oppo and vivo. in 2016 oneplus's hightest priced phone was about 35k and lowest being 17k. In 2019 their range was 35 to 65k. Now in 2020 they brought the cheaper Nord for 35k which is still expensive.

Watch this case of Luxotticca!

Same is what hyundai is doing now! Adding more premium with less features. Just check their variant distribution and features they offer in each. The price they charge w.r.t each variant is horrendous. Mix up of Engines, transmissions and features, a customer cannot get his desired choice and he may forego something in every variant. Its the time for Hyundai to make money in the Indian Market, Let people pay!

Last edited by jeganatu : 11th November 2020 at 14:27.
jeganatu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 15:50   #154
BHPian

Now as the Indian made i10 Niios and Kia seltos have secured 2-stars & 3-stars respectively in recently conducted GNCAP, expecting anything above 3-stars for the new i20 would be far-fetched.

ATRONIX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 16:01   #155
Team-BHP Support

ACI interview with the director of manufacturing, HMI, regarding the new i20.

He completely skips over the crash worthiness of the new i20. With the Seltos example, I guess a 2 star i20 can be all that can be expected.

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 18:43   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
He completely skips over the crash worthiness of the new i20. With the Seltos example, I guess a 2 star i20 can be all that can be expected.
https://Youtu.be/FNo59tVBnhc
Such a shame that Hyundai and Kia can’t even match almost a decade old Polo in terms of safety when Indian consumers are looking out for the safety ratings of their prospective new cars more and more. Tata got their game spot on with design, safety and marketing of new products really good, now all they need is to mend their engine and transmission choices given at the product launches. Altroz and Harrier would have seen a better entry in India but the lack of these options was the main gripe as discussed prominently on TBHP.

The Altroz Diesel was already a good car, but hopefully the Turbo Petrol (AT/DCT wishfully) would be the really premium hatchback we were promised.

With such a supposedly pathetic safety rating for a hatchback and an almost cunningly ignorant upper management of the company, I’m nowhere going near Hyundai showrooms. Sad thing how my advocacy for this car got turned around within a distance of 3 posts in this thread.

Time to give in to the desire of Thar now.

Last edited by Dr.Mechanic : 11th November 2020 at 18:45.
Dr.Mechanic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 19:09   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Now as the Indian made i10 Niios and Kia seltos have secured 2-stars & 3-stars respectively in recently conducted GNCAP, expecting anything above 3-stars for the new i20 would be far-fetched.
The market leader - Maruti-Suzuki car scored "Zero". What are we comparing here is irrelevant as people will go for Hyundai-Kia or Maruti-Suzuki/ Toyota branded car than cheaper but safer cars.
Old 11th November 2020, 23:51   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mechanic View Post

See, there are two kinds of laptops. Ones powered by Windows, and the others made by Apple, i.e., Macbooks. If you compare the performance of both of them at one price point, it becomes obvious that the Windows machines are way more VFM and outperform the Macs in budget and mid ranges.

This was true some 6 or 7 years ago but its completely different now. The mistake people do is they compare a Macbook with low to mid range windows laptops. Rather, they should be comparing them with premium windows laptops competing in the same price range like the Thinkpad line from Lenovo, XPS line from Dell, Spectre & Envy lines from HP, Zenbook line from Asus or the Surface line from Microsoft. All have equivalent build quality to a mac and perform much better. Moreover they are a safer choice as they can do everything a mac can do and some more. And windows is very polished and stable now than it has ever been. I don't even remember the last time I had a blue screen error.

The best example I can give is for mechanical engineers like me, I can't run Solidworks, Ansys, Pro-E or Catia on the mac. Even matlab support wasn't there during my undergrad. Similarly many of my friends from variety of branches didn't have the required softwares on the platform. The only department which found them to be useful was computer science. And the less we talk about gaming, the better for Macs

And coming to reliability, we can see decade old thinkpads which are from the same segment of mac, being used by organizations in a variety of harsh conditions, in testing labs and many other challenging areas. And the latest laptops have been very reliable. And the reliability isn't good on the other side as well with the horrifying butterfly keys getting stuck, overheating macbook pros making them unusable and many more. Maybe the tables are turning around now.

So, coming back to cars, yes the market leaders may have been very good 3 or 4 years ago and are a more reliable and safe choice even now (or are they?) but the competition has caught up and has even surpassed in many areas like Tata cars offering safety, style and value, VW and Skoda TSIs plastering on enthusiasts' faces - at the same time being safe and their upcoming launches do seem exciting, Mahindra giving a proper desirable full blown off-road Jeep for the masses as well as offering safe cars like XUV300 and Marazzo at the same time. Definitely from what I am seeing, the tables are definitely turning and the ever reliable Hyundais are being plagued by braking issues that are shamelessly being wiped under the carpet by the management or the reduction in overall safety of their cars compared to competition and many more. The GNCAP crash test results today were definitely eye opening for many. I don't hate Hyundai and Maruti but feel that it is their time to embrace the change. They still have the best powertrains overall. But taking the market for granted and rolling watered down models is not ok at all.

Yes, the competitors wouldn't have offered best after sales experience before but they are showing the intent that they are ready to embrace the change and offer better services to their customers. Have seen social media handles of Tata being very active to customer complaints, Zac Hollis - MD of Skoda India, himself being proactive in engaging with customers, taking suggestions and addressing their complaints. So, definitely the old undesirable ones are becoming more desirable now just as we have amazing windows laptops at every price segment, commanding 85 to 90% of PC market share (though windows never had a quantity problem, just the quality part) .

Maybe its time to embrace the other car makers. But it will anyway boil down to individual preference. After all, its their hard earned money that people are spending. They are free to choose whatever they feel is best for them.

Last edited by klgiridhar : 11th November 2020 at 23:54.
klgiridhar is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 08:09   #159
Senior - BHPian

I was a silent observer in this thread after the prices were announced and I wasn't sure whether the pricing was justified.13.5 lakhs for an i20 was something that blew my mind away! I wrongly deduced that the higher pricing could mean a better car!

With the results of the Seltos out in the open and the Hyundai representative beating around the bush like a politician in an interview, it's safe to say that the new i20 will fare very badly in the crash tests!

Yet another reminder that paying more doesn't get you more! I'll take a Polo or Altroz any day compared to this bling rolling coffin!
Turbohead is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 10:31   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I'm trying to be as bipartisan as possible, but in a launch thread that has become overwhelmingly negative and about just ripping apart the brand for the pricing aspect, I have only two questions to ask :
We often respond to thing based on precedent. It was not so long ago when a 10 lakh hatch would have raised eyebrows. However now it is passe.

Similar reactions were seen on the Creta thread which was widely panned for it's price. However it's sales were a runaway hit and no one even bats any eyelid at it's current 20 lakh sticker price. 24-30L for the smaller Jeep Compass - not an issue now. People say it's worth it given the 2.0L diesel engine and the fine handling. So it is a matter of what you are willing to pay for, for value that you as a the buyer percieve. Other SUV buyers will certainly scoff at paying so much for the Compass' cramped interiors and might find the Creta to be a bargain in this respect. Heck we had people ready to pay 15L for a VW Polo GTI...including yours truly.

I think while on one hand it is a sign that people are prepared to pay more and cars are getting more expensive, it's also a sign of our market maturing. People are starting to make choices not based just on size and form factor but more on the conveniences that a car offers. The i20 offers even a sun roof. Customers are beginning to gravitate towards a car that meets their needs in terms of size but not willing to stint on conveniences like AT, FATC, sun roofs, premium driving experiences, well appointed cabins etc.

You can see similar trends in the European industry. Hot hatches cost as much as sedans and readily find customers. As a serial hatch back owner, who had little use for bigger cars I for one will be ready to pay for the i20 given that fact that I don't have to compromise on features and enjoy them in a smaller car.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 12th November 2020 at 10:35.
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 10:33   #161
BHPian

Guys,

Have a look at this video regarding i20 pricing. I haven't verified any figures, but by the claims in the video, Hyundai seems to be a smart cookie!

ArunRam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 11:01   #162
Team-BHP Support

Over the years, the Hyundai i20 has been one of the best selling cars in the B2 hatchback segment. On many occasions, it has sold well over 10,000 units a month! Quality, features and overall 'premium'ness have been strong points of the car. Needless to say this new i20 has big shoes to fill.

I spent a day with the 2020 Hyundai i20. My quick & brief observations below:
Hyundai i20 Review-1.jpg

Overall, Hyundai have done a good job with the new i20. There is a range of engines and gearboxes to choose from. The star performer is the 1.0L turbo-petrol from the Venue, which makes the i20 quite a hot hatch. The ride is compliant and the handling is neutral. Besides, the car is loaded with features such as sunroof, Bose 7-speaker sound system, Blue Link telematics with 50 connected car features and over-the-air map updates, hill assist control, 6 airbags, fully digital instrument cluster with TPMS, rear air-con vents, wireless charging with cooling pad, air purifier, tilt & telescopic steering, ambient lighting and more. There’s a 5-year Wonder Warranty available as well. On the downside, many BHPians have found the higher variants to be overpriced - no doubt, this is an expensive hatchback with the top AT costing 13 lakhs OTR Mumbai (more in Bangalore).

While the interior space and quality are good, the rear seat is placed low and its under-thigh support is compromised. Features such as an auto-dimming IRVM, auto wipers and split folding rear seats are missing. Another complaint we have is that the 195/55 section tyres run out of grip easily. An upgrade to better quality rubber is highly recommended.

Exterior

The car looks good from the front. It’s neutral and unlikely to offend anyone. The rear end is exactly the opposite with weirdly shaped tail-lamps and a chrome strip running between the 2 light clusters - the derrière will divide opinions for sure. By and large, the car feels well put together. The bonnet, hatch & doors have some weight to them. The paint quality is top notch and fit & finish are best in the segment. Shut lines are nice and consistent - as expected from Hyundai.

The new i20 draws a lot of attention from other road users. Since the i20 has been a popular car, people want to know more about the new model. Brand loyalty is strong here.

Front end is dominated by a large, glossy black grille with a Turbo badge. DRLs are placed on top of the headlamp clusters and give the car good street presence:
Hyundai i20 Review-2.jpg

Rear end is a love it, hate it affair. I'm not fond of the chrome strip running between the two tail-lamp clusters; GTO on the other hand likes the design:
Hyundai i20 Review-3.jpg

Overhangs are short. Chrome bits are overdone:
Hyundai i20 Review-4.jpg

Sunroof appears small, but lets adequate light into the cabin:
Hyundai i20 Review-8.jpg

Exhaust pipe is neatly concealed by the rear diffuser:
Hyundai i20 Review-10.jpg

Interior

On the inside, there are no soft touch materials used anywhere. It's all hard plastic, yet everything seems to be of good quality. The black dashboard with red inserts (in dual-tone body colours) looks very sporty. The sunroof prevents things from getting too dark. Space is good and the ergonomics are spot-on. I was at home in a matter of seconds of entering the cabin. The driver's seat offers enough support and with the sliding armrest, one can get comfortable in quick time.

At the rear, there is more space than before. The problem is that the seat is placed very low. You have to sit down in this seat. Under-thigh support is compromised.

As with most new cars, the i20's head-unit is now tablet-like. It's a 10.25-inch HD unit with Blue Link telematics, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and a Bose 7-speaker sound system. Sound quality is good for a stock system.

The climate control is very effective and chills the interior in seconds even on a hot day. The rear air-vents help matters further.

Black dashboard with red inserts. There are no soft-touch plastics here, but the quality is right up there with the best in the segment. Everything is well put together and feels built to last:
Hyundai i20 Review-11.jpg

Steering has rake and reach adjustment, which helps in getting the perfect driving position! Hyundai has dropped this from more expensive models, and I'm glad to see the i20 offering telescopic adjustment:
Hyundai i20 Review-12.jpg

Fully digital instrument cluster. We don't like this and prefer analogue dials, or the UK-spec i20's more premium display:
Hyundai i20 Review-13.jpg

TPMS and door ajar warnings for all doors, including the bonnet and sunroof (if engine is switched off). Sadly, a temperature gauge for the DCT is not provided:
Hyundai i20 Review-14.jpg

Sporty pedals in the turbo-petrol:
Hyundai i20 Review-15.jpg

All-black doorpads get a red insert and ambient lighting:
Hyundai i20 Review-16.jpg

Smart-looking black & red leather seats are quite comfortable and provide good overall support:
Hyundai i20 Review-17.jpg

Sliding armrest is handy:
Hyundai i20 Review-18.jpg

ORVMs are wide:
Hyundai i20 Review-19.jpg

IRVM covers the entire rear windshield. Sadly, it does not get auto-dimming:
Hyundai i20 Review-20.jpg

Massive 10.25-inch touchscreen. It stands out above the dashboard, alongside the instrument cluster. It has a crisp display with quick guide buttons at the bottom. Another benefit of having a wide screen like this is that you can enjoy a split display:
Hyundai i20 Review-21.jpg

2 backlit USB ports and a 12V charging socket. The space below the slots is occupied by a cooled wireless charging pad which also gets an ambient light:
Hyundai i20 Review-22.jpg

As is the norm with all Hyundai-Kia launches these days, the i20 also gets an air purifier:
Hyundai i20 Review-23.jpg

The size of the sunroof is just adequate for the cabin:
Hyundai i20 Review-24.jpg

Rear seat is more spacious than before, but it is low and under-thigh support is poor. Seat back is not split:
Hyundai i20 Review-25.jpg

Rear air-con vents with a USB port below:
Hyundai i20 Review-26.jpg

311 liters of boot space. It can be increased by folding the seatback forward. Subwoofer is located on the left, while a boot light and bag hook are on the right. 4 tie-down hooks are provided in the corners:
Hyundai i20 Review-27.jpg

Spare is a 15-inch steel unit with a 185/65 tyre:
Hyundai i20 Review-28.jpg

Driving the 1.0L Petrol AT

The i20 petrol is powered by Hyundai’s in-house developed 998cc, 3-cylinder turbocharged engine. It's called the Kappa 1.0 Turbo GDI, and gets a direct injection fueling system, electronic wastegate actuator, a variable oil pump, oil spray jets for the pistons from the crank side and dual variable valve timing. This is the same engine that is used in the Venue. The 1.0L petrol produces a strong 118 BHP (@ 6,000 rpm) and 172 Nm (1,500 - 4,000 rpm). That power figure puts it ahead of its direct rivals, but the Polo 1.0L TSI matches it on torque.

Hyundai is offering a 7-speed DCT as an option with the i20 1.0L petrol. The company has always been big on automatic gearboxes in India (right from the original Santro). The DCT is available only in the Asta and Asta (O) trim levels. Both are equipped with hill-start assist and electronic stability control.

The i20 AT is the only car in the segment with a DCT. 7 ratios also result in a superior spread of gearing and this transmission does feel decidedly superior to its rivals, but sadly, there are no paddle shifters. The DCT gearbox is smooth and the entire package is very refined. On the flip side, it is substantially more expensive than its rivals.

The i20 DCT is very refined at idle. It moves off seamlessly from a standstill. There is a slight initial lag though, as there is no torque-converter & due to the turbo-charger. Once you're moving, light accelerator input is all you'll need to commute in the city. The gearbox moves up early, while shifts are quick and smooth. Driving with a light foot, you'll never even know that the gears are being changed. They are almost imperceptible. The turbo-petrol offers enjoyable acceleration, while the power & torque on tap make the gearbox's job easier. We also liked how the gearbox is never found hunting for gears. Combine this smooth AT with the light steering, excellent ergonomics & clean frontal visibility and you have a sweet city ride. For bumper to bumper traffic conditions, there is a fair amount of 'crawl' available too. Just lift your foot off the brake pedal in 'D' and the i20 will crawl forward, allowing you to drive in bad traffic with just one pedal (the brake). Downside? The i20 DCT is reluctant to downshift from 2nd -> 1st. Hence, you'll need to be patient if you want to suddenly close a gap in slow traffic (as an example).

Thanks to the powerful engine, the i20 DCT is a fast expressway cruiser. You can easily hit silly speeds and the mid-range is punchy. It sure comes in handy for overtaking. For long distance cruisers, the engine spins @ 2,600 rpm at 120 km/h (100 km/h = ~2,100 rpm). Kickdown response time is average. If the revvs are low, it takes a second or so for the gearbox + turbo to react. Sometimes, you'll find the gearbox to be hesitant to downshift too. But once the AT & turbo respond, this thing is very peppy. Will add that, when the engine is in the meat of the powerband, the reaction times are far lesser.

The 7-speed DCT shifts faster than most of the gearboxes used by its rivals. Just wish Hyundai had given it paddle shifters. Manual mode is useful when you want to prepare the car for overtaking a fast vehicle on a 2-lane highway, or when you desire engine braking. Move the gear lever to the right to engage manual mode. The response time to your commands is quick. What we found disappointing was that, even here, you can take the revvs to just ~6,500 rpm (which is the start of the redline) before the transmission shifts up on its own. What is impressive is that, you can downshift even with the revvs at 3,800 rpm, which is more than most other ATs allow you to do.

We'll keep our fingers crossed on the long-term durability of this gearbox. While it's reassuring to have a manufacturer with a track record for reliability backing it, the fact is that no dual-clutch gearbox has had a clean reputation in India. Not Ford's DCT, and certainly not VW's notorious DSG. We'll be keeping a keen eye on reports from i20 owners. Be sure to take that extended warranty package!

Coming to NVH levels, the i20 does very well at slow speeds and around town. On revving, you can hear that familiar 3-cylinder thrum though. While this noise is there, it is not excessive. There’s almost no engine sound heard in the cabin if you're driving in a calm manner. Even while cruising on the highway, the engine is silent enough. What we appreciated is that the motor actually sounds nice when revved hard. Enthusiasts will like. Around 3,500 rpm, the engine gets audible, and is l-o-u-d above 6,000 rpm. Wind noise is minimal at 100 km/h, while road and tyre noise are par for the course.

In terms of fuel economy, the i20 turbo-petrol DCT carries an ARAI rating of 20.25 km/l.

998cc turbo-petrol engine develops 118 BHP & 172 Nm:
Hyundai i20 Review-29.jpg

The ubiquitous Hyundai automatic gear lever. Do note that this turbo-petrol DCT variant doesn’t get paddle shifters, sadly! There is a manual / sport mode though. To engage it, move the lever to the right. Push the lever up to upshift and down to downshift (just the way we prefer it):
Hyundai i20 Review-30.jpg

Ride & Handling

The i20 uses a McPherson strut suspension with coil springs at the front and a coupled torsion beam at the rear. The suspension tune is sorted & owners will be satisfied. Low speed ride quality is compliant & mature, with small bumps being absorbed well. While the suspension feels firmer than the old i20, it is not excessively so. Only the bigger potholes make their presence felt inside. The car feels quite comfortable on the expressway as well. While our test car was equipped with 16" wheels, lesser variants get 15" rims with taller rubber which will be cushier.

Out on the open road, straight line stability is excellent, while the handling is neutral & predictable. It's no VW or Ford, yet the behaviour is sorted. The i20 remains composed through fast corners too. There is some body roll, but it's controlled. The dynamics are clean with no nasty surprises at all, although again, it doesn't dismiss mid-corner bumps like a Polo does. Important to note that the Asta (O) and DCT variants are equipped with electronic stability control (ESC) which can be a lifesaver in emergency situations.

The grip provided by the 195/55 Ceat Secura Drive tyres is acceptable for regular drivers. Enthusiasts with a hard driving style will want to upgrade to stickier rubber.

The electric power steering is light and butter-smooth at parking / city speeds. Along with its small size, this makes for a very easy car to drive in urban conditions. On the highway, the steering is not nervous. Those days of crazy Hyundai steerings are gone. The steering weighs up alright at speed and it's not overtly sensitive either. No owner will complain. The car's behaviour is overall neutral in nature, as one would expect a mass market hatchback to be.

All variants of the i20 come with disc brakes at the front and drums at the rear, with ABS + EBD. The brakes perform as expected. The car stops in a straight line sans drama when braking from high speeds.

McPherson strut suspension with coil springs at the front:
Hyundai i20 Review-dsc06118.jpg

Rear suspension is a coupled torsion beam setup:
Hyundai i20 Review-dsc06059.jpg
Aditya is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 11:16   #163
BHPian

Thank you to the mods for the short and crisp review.

Usually I would have just praised Hyundai for improvements they have made over the years in ride quality (from the fluidic verna that my cousin owned with its boat like handling to dynamically decent cars today).

But today I would just like to ask Hyundai to send this overpriced car (personal opinion) to GNCAP and show us Indians that the premium we are paying is going to be for the platform underneath the bodyshell of the new i20.

Oh and for the general public who comes to read this review please remember that Hyundai/KIA have never deemed Indian lives worth more than 3 star death traps.
JithinR is offline   (68) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 11:35   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai has added the necessary bling and features to attract the unenthusiastic non-car people and it will definitely pay off, we will see several of these i20s running around. But the major question I have for Hyundai after yesterday’s crash test results of the Kia Seltos (3 stars) and Hyundai’s Grand i10 Nios(2 stars) is that you have made the car lighter by 100 kgs so should we expect another 2 star Hyundai?
CEF_Beasts is online now   (35) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 12:13   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
I spent a day with the 2020 Hyundai i20. My quick & brief observations below:
Very comprehensive and crisp report there Aditya

I was totally bowled over by the All New I20 when the first global teaser was out sometime early this year. Although the production version was not very different from that initial scoop, it is quite disappointing to know that Hyundai have skimped out an important feature like LED head-lights. But hey, LED Projectors is not a bad thing after all and I for one think it is good.

What really bothers me though is that at least on the Asta(O), they could have offered the following two features for that 13+ lakh OTR price:

- Auto-dimming IRVM.
- One touch Up/Down Power windows.

So basically, other than VW and Skoda, ONLY the new Honda City gives this USEFUL feature of one touch power windows under 20 lakhs in India??

Last edited by Vik0728 : 12th November 2020 at 12:15.
Vik0728 is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed