Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2020, 12:55   #31
BHPian

re: Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating

What a wonderful ad and so witty. I am glad someone out there is trying to bring attention to something that matters, at least, for some - Indian Lives.

If we go names of Maruti Suzuki Models, Tata can come up with at least one add each for each of the model.

1. We respect your Desire to own something safe & we value your lives.
2. We won't let you Cross to the other world, just yet.
3. Be swift & safe, own a Tata.
4. BALL is in your court, say NO to unsafe vehicles.

I know these are no where close but you get the gist !!
Engine_Roars is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 13:00   #32
BHPian

Tata should come up with an entire campaign of 'Safety Star Calculate Kiya Kya'

Something that the population rightly needs to be educated about
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 13:12   #33
BHPian

They should be less subtle. Most of India does not drink coffee from beans and won't get this reference.

Launch a full campaign by paying the YouTubers like Hyundai or Kia does. The day the ncap results came out, most of these million subscriber YouTube folks were busy listening to the bose sound system on the new i20.

In the not so distant past, a common tactic used by competitors was to place broken down cars with bonnets open on popular roads for the manufacturer they wanted to target (Indica was often the target, although sometimes the breakdowns were genuine). Something similar must be done to make sure that even the prospective Maruti buyers are getting a glimpse of what could happen if, god forbid, they got into an unfortunate accident.
Cessna182 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 13:50   #34
BHPian

I cannot help but wonder how the 4* GNCAP rating of the little Tiago (which is presently entry level car in a Tata showroom) is doing wonders to Tata's confidence.
They worked hard for getting there and they deserve a bit of show-off, don't they?
{Ex-showroom prices of Tiago range from 4.7-6.7 lakhs}
Now, there is no place to hide for Swifts, Balenos, i10s etc in the safety game giving lame excuses like "India is a cut-throat market; including safety features will make our cars priced out of common man's reach" etc. Isn't it?

Well played Tata
Your move - Maruti, Hyundai & others
srvm is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 14:24   #35
BHPian

They have certainly taken the mickey out of Suzuki in a nice subtle way, I hope the mere mortals get it. Now for the truth, Tata fans and followers will now curse me for this but we should not forget the Tiago/Tigor also had an unstable body even though it got 4 stars, if Tata had chosen the Altroz it would've been more appropriate. It's 2020, and we are one of the biggest market for cars and we get 0 rated cars. Please don't call me a Tata basher i have already sold two Tatas to my relatives , the Altroz and Nexon.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 14:47   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
Here's another dig by Tata Motors at the Espresso after the recent GNCAP ratings. Wasn't sure about creating a new thread for this hence posting it here.
This is hilarious ! Its about time Maruti should start focusing on safety standards rather than having fancy names for their cars.
Herr_Autobahn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 15:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
They should be less subtle. Most of India does not drink coffee from beans and won't get this reference.
I feel it is getting common now like a lot of other things. I got burr grinders, Aeropress, metal filters and French press for 2 of my friends in Pune when I recently traveled from USA. There are some local roasters too where you can get beans. Ad seems to target exactly the customer type that they want to attract - the ones that WILL get the subtle nudge. Not for rural areas but urbanites would get it. Very smart, I like it.

Since we are on coffee, I personally never drank much coffee, let alone getting beans and brewing at home. My mom can't have a single sip of black, freshly brewed coffee but my spouse is from Kerala and coffee beans isn't a unheard concept for her and family. I believe southern India is quite accustomed to coffee beans?
amol4184 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 15:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

Why cant they say "safest car" in the segment and brandish the star ratings ? These ads, I am not sure will be understood by many. Looks like they dont want to take on other car makers ? Just showing your smart use of symbols is not going to cut.

Be a little direct. Tell how many stars the highest seller has. Show the crash videos of your cars, the stable compartment etc

If the govt doesnt want to update the safety requirements, Tata should tell consumers what safety is and how its measured and who satisfies it.
srishiva is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 15:32   #39
BHPian

Quote:

Official statement from Maruti Suzuki:

“Safety is a critical issue and is therefore closely regulated by governments around the world as they are responsible for the safety of the people in their countries. It cannot be left to the opinion of any self proclaimed party. The Government of India has recently increased the stringency of car crash test standards and made them identical to European standards. All products of the company are fully compliant with these global standards and duly tested and certified by the Government of India.”
I would say government is equally to blame for this situation.

https://www.cartoq.com/global-ncap-gives-s-presso-a-zero-star-rating-maruti-suzuki-responds/amp/?fbclid=IwAR2Yv50PRtMCTbtvgdPdcXT6-bpc8QZyXO1Ig7WGqIjs3Qg6jmtd4uMqo5M"]

Last edited by SideView : 13th November 2020 at 15:36. Reason: Adding source
Old 13th November 2020, 16:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

This is exactly what I meant when I said that regardless of GNCAP, all cars on sale in India are compliant to Bharat Safety norms-whatever they may be. The only thing left to be done is to make it transparent, and regulate through an independent/autonomous body like CEC or NGT.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 16:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
+1 Cessna, a brilliant and witty ad, but too smart for it's own good. Will fly over the heads of most intended maruti buyers I feel!
shortbread is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 16:22   #42
BHPian

My Goodness..!! Tata Motors is hitting the right note one after another, first i-20 now the SPresso.

Close enough

Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-tatamotorstakesadigmarutispresso768x432.jpg

Salute to Tata Motors for giving importance to safety rather than gizmos. They have every right to taunt others who are playing with our lives.
Deadpool is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 16:47   #43
BHPian

Haha I knew this was coming from TATA. You have all the rights to dig at competitors regarding safety.

I really wanted TATA to take a dig at Seltos as well. In general TATA should brag about the safety in all of their ads. Let people evaluate those factors before their purchase.

Way to go TATA. #Respect
kamilharis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 17:33   #44
BHPian

Tata just don't need to mock someone. They easily can remind people about them with lines like this:

If your car ever breaks down (Volkswagen, Skoda),

If your brake fails and you are in trouble (Hyundai),

If you get involved in an accident but your car was made to Indian specification (Hyundai, Maruti),

If your 4*4 gets stuck somewhere (Toyota, Isuzu),

If your luxury car's tyres aren't meant to be driven on Indian roads and they decide to give up (BMW, Audi)

In short, if you are in trouble. Remember that it is us who comes for your rescue in any corner of our country.
Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating-images.jpg

Be Safe, Drive a Tata.
DrCar is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 17:35   #45
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2020 at 12:08.
eyeman is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed