Funny, but now getting too cheesy. I hope TML guys do keep the grace of Tata
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 14:37   #182
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Re: Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Most highway speeds are easily in triple digits and how do we know whether the 5 star rated vehicle can maintain its structural integrity in those speeds ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Nothing. No way to know.

The crash results are for the worst of the worst case scenario where the structure of the car and not seat belts or air bags, has to protect occupants. These tests are conducted and stars awarded to keep the manufacturers on their toes so that they do not neglect this aspect.
Yes. These tests are done to check the crash-worthiness of a car at usual speeds at which most accidents occur. But we will not know the results at unusually high speeds(or unusual situations). That's why we have road speed limits.

Quote from https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...sh-test-410355 : "A front offset crash test is designed to simulate a head-on collision between two cars. In the Global NCAP test, the car is driven at 64kph and with 40 percent overlap into a deformable barrier which is the equivalent of a crash between two cars of the same weight, both moving at 50kph."

The Global NCAP's frontal-offset crash-tests are done to replicate a head-on collision occurring when 2 identical cars, both travelling 50Kmph hit each other, which is effectively 100Kmph. This is the speed at which the maximum number of actual accidents have been recorded to occur. Usually in an accident, both car drivers do realize just before they hit each other and do hit the brakes, so the speed does somewhat get reduced from the actual highway speeds. That is why the general highway(possibly 2-lane without a road-divider) speed limit is 80Kmph. Only expressways have higher speed limit of 120Kmph, where the chance of head-on collision is much lesser due to existence of road-dividers.

Off course the driver has to be vigilant enough to realize that his vehicle is going to crash and at least hit the brakes as soon as possible to reduce the speed from 80-100Kmph to at least 40-60 Kmph.

If a 5-star (or even the safest in the world) crash-safety rated car rams into a heavy truck at 120 Kmph, we cannot be sure what will be the result. These are unusual cases and no rating or number of airbags may help here. Same when a truck rams into a safest rated car at 80Kmph. Another reason why we have different speed limits for different types of vehicles(heavy commercial vehicles). The tech like Auto Emergency Braking (AEB) might help in these cases if it works as expected.

Please check the below accident where one of the safest rated vehicles Tesla Model 3 rams into an overturned truck on an expressway. Surprisingly the car driver was unharmed.
https://electrek.co/2020/06/01/tesla...0a%20collision.

So crash safety is still important but we cannot depend on that alone. We must realize that having 5 star rated car is not a license to drive like a maniac, above the speed limits set by the law.
Napalm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 14:56   #183
BHPian

Brilliant again.

Don't back down Tata. Its time to get people who wouldn't consider anything other than a Maruti to think ! These ads get the desired eyeballs and hopefully influence which showroom a customer walks into.

Nothing wrong in selling a strategic, proven advantage.

Infact, I would say dramatize it and stretch it. Hammer in the message. Safe means Tata (and Mahindra).
charanreddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 15:41   #184
Senior - BHPian

Enough said Tata. Now please go back to work and work on improving your A.S.S. and engine performance. You have improved a lot but not 100% yet. Still lots of work need to be done on reliability, mileage, aging etc.

Arrogance is good but don't make over use of it. Move on.
aniketi is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 16:09   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
The Global NCAP's frontal-offset crash-tests are done to replicate a head-on collision occurring when 2 identical cars, both travelling 50Kmph hit each other, which is effectively 100Kmph.
This is quite a common misconception but two cars when involved in a head-on collision at any speed does not equate one of them crashing at the sum of their combined speeds.

A car when hit to another moving car at 50kmph will be almost equal to a car hit to a stationary barrier at 50kmph.

Check this article out :-http://warp.povusers.org/grrr/collisionmath.html
superguy282 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 17:00   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Enough said Tata. Now please go back to work and work on improving your A.S.S. and engine performance. You have improved a lot but not 100% yet. Still lots of work need to be done on reliability, mileage, aging etc.

Arrogance is good but don't make over use of it. Move on.
Why are we expecting a Social media admin guy to be the jack of all trades? Why is he/she responsible for engine performance and mileage and aging?

Not every tweet or Instagram post comes pre approved by the Tata Motors CEO. This team although getting a bit repetitive is on some fun and let them enjoy for they deserve this. I am sure they have people looking at other departments as well to improve their brand image.

Last edited by RaghuVis : 23rd November 2020 at 17:00. Reason: added word
RaghuVis is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 19:22   #187
BHPian

I think its time to change the thread title to " TATA Motors mocking at all the unsafe cars in India "
kamilharis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 21:31   #188
BHPian

I think Tata has earned the right to mock the Marutis. Tata has two 5 star rated cars in its kitty. And the largest selling car brand in India with more than 50% sales in the country and backed by a global car maker has zero.

And Maruti has been extremely thick skinned, giving too hoots about criticisms about safety, hence deserves all the mocking it is getting.
dragonfire is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 23:00   #189
BHPian

While its not over done by Tata, the same should be not just restricted to Social media like FB, Twitter, Instagram etc. This should translate to TV Ads so that it reaches common people more deeply.

Many people who buy unsafe cars dont know about it (including me). So its very important to make the message reach the masses.

It is really pathectic to see a manufacturer who sells 50% cars in India does not have atleast one 5 star rated car, and it does not stop there, they are not ready to make.
tirumalavoleti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 23:07   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
It was inevitable. If they can target one, they can target another from Maruti too! While fun continues - I just don't find this one imaginative / funny enough. It was a bit of a stretch IMO. It will work only as long as it can create a joke and make people smile. Overdone/boring jibes won't have the desired impact I think.
All jibes on Maruti are tastefully done.

These blokes in Suzuki have to get a wake-up call. You can fool around till your time is good, not forever.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 23:27   #191
Senior - BHPian

- Zest scored 0* initially and they gave revised one later and got 4*
- Tiago is a sub 5L car still they managed to score 4*
- Nexon managed to score 4* in the first attempt and they revised and standardised to make it India's first 5* rated car.

They did all these when they were struggling to sell their cars in Indian market. No one asked them to do it. Companies like Hyundai, Nissan, Renault decided to keep quiet after failing in crash tests and Maruti openly rejected the cash test reports.

As dragonfire posted, they earned the right to mock others.

Last edited by Latheesh : 23rd November 2020 at 23:28.
Latheesh is online now   (36) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 00:19   #192
BHPian

Imagine if some day a Tata car scores a two star rating, every single manufacturer will come back to attack like a blood hound.
Old 24th November 2020, 00:35   #193
Senior - BHPian

Pretty cool. I wish this brings more awareness in customers and they start asking about safety ratings when they go to other showrooms. But I'm sure Hyundai and Maruti will have a canned message for their SAs to explain to the mango man that their cars are safe enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperweight View Post
The safety tests are not measures of safe driving. The tests will show how the car can protect you if you are unfortunately involved in a crash
You're right. I've been advocating this for a while. Crash tests are like a scientific experiment under controlled scenarios. Parameters in real-world crashes are rarely the same. If we want to be protected against every crash, we should be driving tanks. Or better yet, not drive.

Also, yes safety starts with a disciplined driver who drives respects the limits and conditions (traffic, weather, constructions etc). When many drivers in India follow unsafe practices, having a safe car is an additional insurance. I never want to use it, but it might be the difference between life & death in an unfortunate incident.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 24th November 2020 at 00:37.
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 08:39   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
And now its time for Wagon R. Truly hilarious.

I'm a Tata fan boy, owner of 3 Tata cars who also owns a previous generation Wagon R (city beater car), this ad is hilarious and also states the facts about very delicate Wagon R. Yesterday a biker accidentally leaned / slipped his bike handle on our Wagon R at a traffic signal while taking out his phone from his pocket, causing a small indentation or dent on the passenger side door. , He apologized and I thought it might just be the handle black mark scratch or something and I did not even bother to get down and look at it, after coming home when I saw, it was small dent on the location where he leaned his bike on

Maruti vehicles are truly tin cans and Tata has all rights to mock Maruti and Hyundai for making extremely delicate vehicles in the name of improved fuel efficiency and no concern for safety of their Indian passengers despite being top two manufacturers of PV's in India.
WhiteSierra is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 09:30   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
What's the point of us outraging on this forum? When we have a public which doesn't give a squat about safety? Uses the helmet as an elbow guard, rides the bike on the 1st lane, rides a bike with a wife and 2 kids in the middle of the highway, drives a car at 50 on speedways on the first lane, plugs in the seatbelt and sits over it, doesn't follow traffic rules, and what not.
True that. We are talking so much about the structural integrity of a vehicle, but we often forget what kind of people our country has. "Kitna Deti Hai" is still the prime question 80% of car buyers ask. This is what is pushing car manufacturers to think Indians don't care about safety and all that matters is "SAVINGS". I cant even imagine that left ORVM is an accessory in india!! No point owning or talking about a 5* rated car when we don't realize the importance of safety . Our people should get educated first. When people change their mindset, other things will all fall in place.

About the ad, I kind of like it for two things
1. Spreading awareness on safety (at least the machine if not the driver)
2. Showing Indian brand the better out of two
dvr08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks