Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2020, 13:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

FCA to set up IT centre in Hyderabad

According to a media report, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) is setting up a 2,000-capacity IT centre in Hyderabad. The FCA facility will be located at the Salarpuria Knowledge City at Raidurg - Hyderabad's IT hub.

This new facility will augment the existing Engineering teams in Pune and Chennai. The new IT centre will act as a technology backbone for FCA's digitisation efforts.

FCA is not the only carmaker to have such facilities, apart from manufacturing, in India. Mercedes-Benz has the largest R&D centre outside Germany in Bengaluru. Groupe PSA too has a technical centre while Hyundai has an R&D centre in Hyderabad. Honda two-wheelers has a research centre in Manesar. Even component makers like Bosch, ZF, Continental and Visteon have tech centres in India.

Name:  QQG_33Sy.png
Views: 1228
Size:  17.7 KB

Source

Link to the Team-BHP News

Last edited by blackwasp : 13th November 2020 at 13:27.
blackwasp is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 14:54   #2
BHPian

Re: FCA to set up IT centre in Hyderabad

From low cost IT to new and experienced talent pool, cities like Hyderabad, Bangalore and Pune are growing rapidly.

Many of us live in Bangalore, Hyderabad or Pune. The big cities are getting bigger. I wonder if concentration of talent and economy is good for people who are staying here.

In a long term, it might create disparity within India.
Expensive housing, more traffic, expensive education and Healthcare.
More taxes yet unpredictable returns for people who paid it.

Anyway, there will be some who will appreciate and support why FCA and others in these cities are doing good for India.
In simple words, quote to this post is anticipated.
procrastinator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 20:51   #3
BHPian

Re: FCA to set up IT centre in Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrastinator View Post

Anyway, there will be some who will appreciate and support why FCA and others in these cities are doing good for India.
In simple words, quote to this post is anticipated.
How wonderful would it be if we have uniform growth in all regions of India? Well, back to reality

I think it is a myth that India can grow without the cities growing and businesses can be moved to villages or towns if we provide tax cuts and cheap land. I am not saying you implied that but, I once used to wonder the same myself. Why can't we just have industries far away from the city?

The answer to this simple question is quite elaborate but, all major economies with big land area have big cities which are quite dense. This is a fact and probably India will end up the same. The best approach for us is to embrace this and develop infrastructure in our cities and it's outskirts. We should welcome all investment as long it doesn't pollute our land or exploit our people. When the time is right, investments will move to towns and villages.
Utham123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed