Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2020, 14:22   #1
BHPian

Skoda India Head's response to Rapid critique : "Buy something else then!"

See the Comment from Zac on Twitter for a Vlogger!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda India Head's response to Rapid critique : "Buy something else then!"-twitter.jpg  

Thanos-VV is offline   (69) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 14:44   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos-VV View Post
Well, he isn't just any vlogger though. He has a massive following and for the most part, he goes gaga over VAG cars. Zac should have been a bit more patient here.

Selling <1000 units a month and yet the air of arrogance!
PrasannaDhana is offline   (74) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 21:04   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Well, he isn't just any vlogger though. He has a massive following and for the most part, he goes gaga over VAG cars. Zac should have been a bit more patient here.

Selling <1000 units a month and yet the air of arrogance!
Quiet honestly, while Faizal Khan may have a massive fan following, I find his reviews worthless and biased in some cases. For most part, his reviews are full of fast talking and driving like a maniac. Remaining he just flips through the buttons.

As for Zac's reply, I d say it takes courage to make a comment like that. Yes, Skoda suffers from perennial ASS horror stories and he acknowledges that. Keeping the ASS experience and some not so important features aside (read push button start and plasma TV size touchscreen HUs), I feel the Rapid offers phenomenal value at the available discounted rates. Ofcourse, there is Kia & Hyundai for anyone looking for something else in the car.
R_Gowardhan is offline   (100) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 21:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Oops ! Zac should have avoided this , what Faisal Khan pointed out is 100% true . Even though the Skoda Rapid is a terrific proposal in its base variants , I can't find value in any of its higher variants, it's such an old package , same is the case with Volkswagen Polo & Vento .

Anyway Skoda is going to launch next generation Rapid next year as per earlier tweets from Zac, so 1.0 TSI refresh is a stop-gap arrangement.
TorqueIndia is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 00:30   #5
BHPian

Quote:
He seems to have apologized later (pic from an fb group) but the original comment had its share of arrogance for sure which wont help Skoda or him in anyway. FK is a vlogger or not, social media is a platform that can kill years of hardwork in a fraction of a second.

Skoda India Head's response to Rapid critique : "Buy something else then!"-fb_img_1605034160375.jpg
dileepcm is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 02:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Skoda India Head's response: "Rapid Is Old And Expensive? Buy Something Else!"

Skoda India Head Zac Hollis response to a customer's tweet has not gone down well.
It once again shown how much they take India for granted.

Quite an insensitive remark by a brand plagued with sales and service issues.

https://www.rushlane.com/rapid-user-...-12383247.html
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda India Head's response to Rapid critique : "Buy something else then!"-skodarapidusertwitterheadreplies41068x1203.jpg  

speedmiester is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 04:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

re: Skoda India Head's response: "Rapid Is Old And Expensive? Buy Something Else!"

He seems to be stating a fact here. You get some features and you trade some off in any car at all, and it is certainly selling well at the features and price points that have been set for it.
hserus is offline   (56) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 05:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Skoda must realise that people are indeed buying a lot else than the Rapid or any VW/Skoda car. This kind of contempt is unheard of. They think they are “ safely” ensconced in their own brand image. But market forces are unforgiving.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 06:56   #9

Honestly it's a guy who is defending his product, it's fair enough to tell the customer if you don't see value by something else. This is his product, perfect or not he stands by it. I don't see the point in calling it arrogance or taking offense from it. In the end, judgement is made by the market as many have pointed here, the value they see or don't will show up on the balance sheet. Skoda like many before and since will learn that way and so will the gentleman.
shanezj is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 07:30   #10
BHPian

Quote:
That's what happens when one gets senile. Starts sounding like the other senile character who refuses to vacate office. Keep insulting people like this and pretty soon no one will buy your expensive and shoddy crap.
AirbusCapt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 07:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

re: Skoda India Head's response: "Rapid Is Old And Expensive? Buy Something Else!"

What Zac said makes sense. If he doesn't like the car, let him buy something else. The guy goes gaga on reviews about the Rapid (with most of the words pronounced like a primary school drop out), likes the engine, handling and doesn't say anything about all of it in his tweet to Zac, just the negative bits.

The Rapid has a brand new award winning engine. Which car with a sun roof and "features" can lay claim to that recognition? . The i20 reaches 100 kmph a decade later than the Rapid. More important than a coffee holder and faux leather seats are cars with good engines and handling.

Well said Zac! You needn't have apologised - some folks deserve that sort of response.
AMG Power is offline   (87) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 07:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

I don't think Zac was rude at all. In fact, he was perfectly right!

A customer looking for driving pleasure wouldn't give a damn about features like start stop button and vice versa.

In fact it's a shame that we demand such useless features.

Last edited by Turbohead : 14th November 2020 at 08:08.
Turbohead is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 08:09   #13
BHPian

Zac did apologize in his later tweet. When you are a businessman, keep your ego aside. Customer comes first. Wouldn't it be even a big win for skoda, VW, if they add these features too , resolve spare and service issues? If they do the market is waiting to be captured. It all depends on how much they want to commit to Indian market.
Shashankjk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 08:10   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Skoda India Head's response to Rapid critique : "Buy something else then!"

I don't get it, why did the "customer" put a photo of an infamous YouTube RPM tester standing in front of a VW Vento and is commenting on the Skoda Rapid? I get the irony there as both are basically the same car but still is it that the customer couldn't differentiate?

It was bound to happen and it has happened, the amount of negativity in the automobile landscape is simply unbearable today.. is it because customers are increasingly feeling cheated for cars that used to be sold 2 decades ago and are desperate to bash everything on sight for a) poor build quality and safety b) poor driving dynamics and/or engines and c) poor creature comforts and features, the holy trinity of complaints that would encompass the entire industry no matter what, and like sheep herding the sheep the internet "customers" will find ways to humiliate the owners of each brand based on what it's missing, apparently it makes them love their car more as they caress the steering saying "my lovelyyy".

I hope my humble request doesn't go unnoticed - as a forum we shouldn't feed the ever expanding media empire of assorted journos looking to pick up each and every fault and blow it up a hundred times and we should be respectful of all brands and its buyer base and not bring up unnecessary comparisons at every opportunity to put them down, it makes for a few dozen thumbs up but is it all that the "social" media has been reduced to?

The Skoda rep isn't wrong, though he had no reason to reply to the said tweet at all.

In the car buying landscape, put your vote by making a purchase, listen to your heart and read objective reviews before making a decision, do not allow influencers and journos to change your preferences, because they'll critique a Bugatti Chiron for being too stiff and a Rolls-Royce Phantom for being too soft with lifeless steering (not kidding here, they did), it's their job to pick apart a car for views and click-bait.

VW and Skoda are good cars, no matter what features are missing, same goes for Fiat, another brand trashed for its lack of features but its ride quality was number 1 by a mile, not to mention that people who're increasingly attacking high volume brands for their lack of safety should at least, keep quiet when it comes to VW brands.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th November 2020 at 08:16. Reason: Controversial statement deleted
dark.knight is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 08:29   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I don't get it, why did the "customer" put a photo of an infamous YouTube RPM tester standing in front of a VW Vento and is commenting on the Skoda Rapid? I get the irony there as both are basically the same car but still is it that the customer couldn't differentiate?
Sir, I too thought the same thing until I realised that the alloys, the tail light, the sharper headlight and the exterior shade all point to the fact that it's indeed a Rapid.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks