Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2020, 14:42   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Check out our first drive report at this link

Renault K I G E R concept revealed, will arrive in early 2021.

The global launch of Renault KIGER will be in India, after which it will be launched in other markets across the world.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-0.png
Quote:
notable elements of the show car are the two-level full LED headlights with neon indicators and a winged front grille with a large Renault logo. The profile is dominated by the large 19inch wheels shod with heavily grooved tyres and the concept has a ground clearance of 210mm. The wing mirrors are tapered and are inspired by aircraft wings. At the rear the car has a double central exhaust system and double C shaped taillights, the roof has an integrated spoiler and a sharply sloping rear glass.
The show car is also finished in a special paint that shows two different colours depending on the angle and light. Called “California Dream” as well as “Aurora Borealis” the hues change from blue to purple.

Replicates Nissan Magnite's power-trains.

Quote:
When it goes on sale, buyers will be able to spec the Kiger with from total of four engine and gearbox combinations; which are the same four available with the Nissan Magnite. A 1.0-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine will be available with manual and AMT gearbox options. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit, which is expected to produce around 95hp, will come with manual and CVT auto options.
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20201118022528_renaultkigerconceptfrontright.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20201118022528_renaultkigerconceptside.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20201118022528_renaultkigerconceptrear.jpg

Link

Last edited by GTO : 22nd February 2021 at 10:20. Reason: Adding link to first drive :)
volkman10 is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 14:57   #2
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Renault HBC Compact SUV coming in 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The global launch of Renault KIGER will be in India, after which it will be launched in other markets across the world.
The kiger looks really good and with proper pricing like magnite, I am sure it has the capability to do good numbers for renault. Hope they dont delay the launch as the market is catching up very fast.

Last edited by ampere : 27th December 2020 at 10:44. Reason: compacted quoted post
RBalaM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 15:03   #3
BHPian

Video teaser is out.

Source: Youtube
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 15:15   #4
BHPian

Looks very hatchback-ish as compared to the Nissan Magnite. Not too fond of those bumper headlights either.
Old 18th November 2020, 15:21   #5
BHPian

The first set of pics doesn't bring anything new on the table; instead leave a tad disappointed, with Micra/Pulse sort of treatment for Magnite/Kiger twins rather than Redigo/Kwid individualities.
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-comparison.jpg

Hoping the aggressive Kwid-inspired front stance goes well with the sub 4m frame of Kiger.

Last edited by manson : 29th July 2022 at 09:13.
Diesel_Drives is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 15:22   #6
BHPian

If anyone missing gaudy LEDs after Diwali , just look at this one . Thank God it is only a concept.
Old 18th November 2020, 15:33   #7
BHPian

Kiger has coupe like design similar to Nexon. The bow shaped grille looks new age.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-renaultkigerconcept6768x432.jpg
Deadpool is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 15:38   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

How design philosophies converge with coincidence / by picking ideas. The Kiger's side profile has a lot of similarity to what a stretched Tata HBX would look like. Even the colour of the concept drawing for that matter! And in a good way. The drawings look really nice. Especially with a nice raised ground clearance complemented by funky alloys.

Will be interesting how this sibling of the Magnite looks in production version.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 15:47   #9
RSR
Senior - BHPian

This is rather disappointing, to be honest. I was expecting something on the lines of a Hyundai Venue & Kia Sonet like differentiation between the Renault Kiger & Nissan Magnite.

The Kiger concept is more like a badge-engineered version of the Magnite concept. I hope the actual car is more than just a badge-engineered version of the Magnite.

The two are going to be priced similar to each other. There needs to be more differentiation between them.

Renault-Nissan's previous badge-engineering efforts (Micra & Pulse, Sunny & Scala, Duster & Terrano) didn't too well in the Indian market. On the other hand, Kwid & Redi-Go have seen better success due to better differentiation.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 15:52   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Here is the Renault bossman on the Kiger:

GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 17:42   #11
BHPian

Looks brilliant, futuristic and lot of creases.

I think the design team has done brilliant work to make is look proportionate and big considering the dimensions. I find it better in proportions than so many other up-segment compact SUVs which are actually bigger.

Happy that the design elements on the front grille are different than boring magnite's.
saikarthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 17:58   #12
BHPian

Looks pretty good to my eyes. I am liking it more than magnite, especially at the rear. Thankfully, this time they have made enough changes on the outside, to not make it look eerily similar to magnite, unlike Duster/Terrano or Micra/Pulse. Side profile looks like an XC40 with that kink and blackened out C pillar.

With upcoming HBX from TATA, the competition is definitely heating up.

Last edited by klgiridhar : 18th November 2020 at 17:59.
klgiridhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 18:12   #13
BHPian

So this will be the Magnite's badge-engineered cousin? Looks good.
But I can't get over the fact that the side profile looks so very similar to the Kicks. Especially the C-pillar - this car looks more like a Nissan than the Magnite; which is more like a Datsun.

I wonder how they plan to differentiate both these models in terms of pricing? Which one will be the premium vs value offering? I'm guessing this Kiger will be cheaper.
Vibhav-Van is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 18:32   #14
BHPian

If I had to choose between Magnite and HBC (Kiger), considering they are almost identical cars mechanically, I would choose HBC with my eyes closed. Renault being more established brand in India and having more physical presence in terms of sales and service, it's a no brainer.

The only trump card Nissan has right now is more grounded and mature looks of Magnite. They should launch Magnite at highly competitive introductory price & try to capture the market as much as possible before HBC in launched. Nissan should also offer 5 years warranty package with Magnite in order to instill some confidence in their prospective customers.

P.S. HBC looks a lot like Kwid, specially from the front and Renault could have done better in differentiating the product from their other offerings. Apologies for the Nitpicking!

Last edited by IshWish : 18th November 2020 at 18:34. Reason: Wrong company name mentioned
IshWish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 07:30   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Thanks for sharing, Volkman10! Moving your post to a new thread
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks