Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2021, 12:06   #331
BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Kiger, launched on 15th Feb outsells Magnite for the month of February 2021 with 3226 units have found new home. Well done Renault.
And the most important point here is that the Kiger is not yet available in the turbo+CVT combo.
Pretty sure once we have the CVT’s rolling, we might look at 5k + sales fighres for the Kiger.

On the other side, too bad for Nissan as they are still no able to meet the demand inspite of getting a decent headstart & an advantage here.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 09:57   #332
BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Fabulous. I've booked the RXT AMT as well. Don't know when they will deliver. Haven't gotten any specifics from them. I definitely like the AMT drive better than the manual. Found the manual too coarse. I'm a relaxed sort of a driver. So it suits my driving style. Already driving a swift diesel amt. So hoping the learning curve on kiger amt will be similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansh_ram View Post
We got our Kiger delivered yesterday. Renault Noida had organized a ceremony where around 15 cars were delivered by Mr. Sudhir Malhotra (VP, Sales).

Our budget was capped at 8 Lakhs (No Loan) hence got the RXT AMT variant which I thought was a complete VFM package for a city runabout.

Kiger replaces our 2010 Polo 1.2 TDi which we had to let go of in Sept'20 due to the NGT ruling for diesel vehicles in NCR. Polo served us for 80,000 Kms without any niggles, just regular maintenance, hoping similar experience with the Kiger.
BobbypinsGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 12:33   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Is it just me or is anyone else surprised at the month-on-month decline of Magnite? With so much of advanced bookings and stuff, one would have thought Nissan would have increased the number of Magnite deliveries from January, right? Like Brezza and Ecosport registered gains while Magnite despite huge backorder registers loss?

Good to see Kiger right up there though.. hopefully, Kiger and Magnite aid Renault and Nissan to increase their market share.
balmeter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 13:55   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmeter View Post
Is it just me or is anyone else surprised at the month-on-month decline of Magnite? With so much of advanced bookings and stuff, one would have thought Nissan would have increased the number of Magnite deliveries from January, right? Like Brezza and Ecosport registered gains while Magnite despite huge backorder registers loss?

Good to see Kiger right up there though.. hopefully, Kiger and Magnite aid Renault and Nissan to increase their market share.
Although Kiger and Magnite are twins, Kiger will anyday sell more due to the Renault badge which translates to better recall value, more service centres and hence more reach. Thanks to Kwid and Duster, Renault is not an unknown name while Nissan has had no proper selling car since ages.

It should be an upwards trajectory for Kiger without much fuss, but Magnite will need a lot of marketing push backed by increased dealer network to sustain the numbers.
justwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 14:26   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmeter View Post
Both Kiger and Magnite are being manufactured at the same plant, so the launch and production of Kiger could be one of the reasons for reduced numbers of Magnite.
Fx14 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 18:53   #336
BHPian

Hey Merc.
I've booked the rxt amt. Planet grey. Sales guy said delivery before month end.
First Td itself drove the easyR amt. Really felt easy and laid back to drive. I'm sure it doesn't have a lot of punch. But I don't need that punch. I want a good ride. Since I drive in Mumbai traffic 80 kms to and fro home/work.
2nd time, drove the manual. Found the transmission abysmal. Stopped the Td after 1 km. Didn't bother. I'm gong for the rxt because the rxz has some ignored flaws in the mid. For normal mode, for example, the tacho doesn't display. So I'll never be able to 'learn' at what rpm should I change manually, on the AMT version.
I normally drive my swift Zdi Amt in manual mode. All gears change between 1800 to 2000,absolutely smoothly. Probably on the petrol of kiger may be different. To change the gears in manual mode. But I need that info
So yes, I need the rev counter nice and proper for me to enjoy the 'manual experience' in the AMT.
Just thought I'll share my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc_Freak View Post
I really like the looks of the Kiger and the package that it offers. I’m on the hunt for an automatic crossover for city use for the past few months now and I’m seriously considering the amt variants of the rxl and rxt trims of the Kiger. I would appreciate other bhpian’s advice on this.
So here goes. I sat in a magnite xl. Without seat height adjust. My height is 5.8". I felt like I'm sitting in a sports car. Forget a conventional car
It's so low. So you best find out the seat height of the versions without the height adjust option. Both of the Kiger and the magnite may have similarities because of the same mfg. Plant, I'm assuming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
Renault Kiger is one of the options I am comparing against the Magnite and had the below question:

I was wondering if anyone could confirm what is the seat height of the RXE variant in comparision to the adjustable seat of the RXZ. Is at the top most height or at the bottom in adjustment terms?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th March 2021 at 20:27. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 8th March 2021, 17:37   #337
BHPian

Guys does anyone know who has booked the Kiger, how to decipher the Booking id that has been provided by the dealer to me? I find this particular dealer very pathetic. I have no choice but to take the car from them. I'm not even sure my car booking has been actually made or not? Anything will help. Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 19:16   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbypinsGuy View Post
Guys does anyone know who has booked the Kiger, how to decipher the Booking id that has been provided by the dealer to me? I find this particular dealer very pathetic. I have no choice but to take the car from them. I'm not even sure my car booking has been actually made or not? Anything will help. Thanks
My dealer has entirely skipped the part... My booking ID is blank. On questioning, he said it's because I'd pre-booked the car. Should I be worried/concerned?
Old 8th March 2021, 22:40   #339
BHPian

More than worried, I'm just getting irritated, when there's no due diligence or process transparency.
Old 10th March 2021, 08:01   #340
BHPian

Did a TD of turbo manual version the other day.
Instantly felt like you're seated close to a wall. I couldn't engage seat belt with my left hand, had to do it with right hand after twirling a bit.
Did anyone else notice.
I think the center tunnel/handrest area is squeezed in between the two front seats
Leem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 08:27   #341
BHPian

Yup. Same experience for me and many others. I think there is an ignorance of this problem of this sort from the plant itself. On the ergonomics. They just need to increase the length/height of the input chamber by few inches. I hope the dealers have put forth this suggestion to the plant/factory.
Old 11th March 2021, 16:11   #342
Senior - BHPian

Recently, a Renault dealership PPS Renault in Hyderabad delivered 100 units of the Kiger to its customers in a single day. The dealership has shared a video of the same, in which we all 100 Kiger SUVs waiting in a dealer stockyard, and then being driven to the showroom for delivery.

Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 17:42   #343
BHPian

I came across a video with the RXT variant of the turbo Kiger. Surprisingly, although they haven't given the drive modes in this variant, they've given an eco mode button just next to the hazard light switch. Great touch of you ask me. I've added the link below.
Old 11th March 2021, 17:43   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Recently, a Renault dealership PPS Renault in Hyderabad delivered 100 units of the Kiger to its customers in a single day. The dealership has shared a video of the same, in which we all 100 Kiger SUVs waiting in a dealer stockyard, and then being driven to the showroom for delivery.

https://Youtu.be/VASxI9nHb4E
Are the owners driving the car? If not how did they manage to find 100 drivers for the cars? Isn't it risky to give a new car to a random driver?
on the other hand this is a good strategy. Imagine what people who witness these cars on the way to be delivered think.
Old 11th March 2021, 20:29   #345
BHPian

Renault kiger as a car looks good on paper and in the flesh. What Renault needs to improve big time is their customer handling and after sales service, which at few regions is pathetic. A gentleman in my neighborhood had booked the base variant of the Kiger, the day the pricing was announced. He was assured of the vehicle delivery on 3rd March. Forget car delivery, he hasn't been offered a test drive till date. Repeated requests over the phone and also a visit to the showroom which is 50kms from here have not helped him. Fed up with their attitude, yesterday evening he contacted a Maruti Nexa dealer seeking Ignis test drive. Believe it or not, the test drive vehicle was here today afternoon from Mangalore which is about 100 Kms from this place! Test drive done, he liked the car, he has booked the car. He will be cancelling the Kiger Booking. Maruti dealers definitely know a thing or two about customer handling. Not for nothing Maruti still has more than 50% percent market share even in this over crowded market.

Last edited by Emvi : 11th March 2021 at 20:36.
Emvi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks