Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2021, 21:09   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
What Renault needs to improve big time is their customer handling and after sales service, which at few regions is pathetic. A gentleman in my neighborhood had booked the base variant of the Kiger, the day the pricing was announced. He was assured of the vehicle delivery on 3rd March. Fed up with their attitude, yesterday evening he contacted a Maruti Nexa dealer seeking Ignis test drive......Maruti dealers definitely know a thing or two about customer handling.
Well, in my books, it's more to do with New car generating lots of interest. When that happens, dealers start behaving differently as if they have conquered the world. They won't respond properly, won't offer test drives to your place, etc. That's because if they loose 1 customer, they'll be having 3 customers in line to book one.

When it's a car like Ignis which isn't selling that well, dealer is bound to respond to request and offer test drive just to clear pending stocks and reduce the bank interest. This happens with every dealer across brands when new car launches.
CarguyNish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 22:03   #347
BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

This is exactly what is happening in Mumbai. I've asked for a td of the Brezza today. Tomorrow I'll get it. Let's see how the car drives. I'm looking to buy the lxi base model. I'd give up the amt driving peace of the Kiger with these kind of dealerships any day if I'm looking to keep the car for 5 to 7 years which I intend to. It's strange what's happening. In the auto industry.

Last edited by ampere : 12th March 2021 at 06:28. Reason: cleared dotty structures.
BobbypinsGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 22:09   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Well, in my books, it's more to do with New car generating lots of interest. When that happens, dealers start behaving differently as if they have conquered the world. They won't respond properly, won't offer test drives to your place, etc. That's because if they loose 1 customer, they'll be having 3 customers in line to book one.

When it's a car like Ignis which isn't selling that well, dealer is bound to respond to request and offer test drive just to clear pending stocks and reduce the bank interest. This happens with every dealer across brands when new car launches.
Yes, you have a valid point
But Maruti dealers in most places if not everywhere are an exception IMO. I/we have ourselves have experienced the customer centric approach of the Maruti Dealers couple of times before. Quoting one such example, few years back, on our request we were offered a test drive of the Swift Dzire at our place at our preferred time. Even then the car was brought to our place from a dealership 100 Kms away. And it is important to note that the Dzire was a hot selling model back then, which by the way, still is!

Word of mouth plays an important role especially in smaller towns and rural areas. People don't rely much on online reviews/opinions. One happy customer might bring 2-3 new customers, conversely one unhappy customer(potential) might turn away more number of customers. The gentleman's Kiger would have been the first one in the entire locality, now I believe the Ignis is in the line to get the bragging rights.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 14:13   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thush View Post
Are the owners driving the car? If not how did they manage to find 100 drivers for the cars? Isn't it risky to give a new car to a random driver?
on the other hand this is a good strategy. Imagine what people who witness these cars on the way to be delivered think.
I was impressed when a Nissan showroom did the same back in January with a 100 Magnites. However, I can count on one hand the number of Magnites I've seen on the road since then - and I live on the same stretch of the highway as the showroom. So I'm not sure if these are genuine numbers or just photo ops where the hundred cars actually belong to showrooms all over the city, and maybe from the suburbs too.
ChevyTeddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 10:37   #350
BHPian

Guys,
just wondering who amongst us has got deliveries of the Kiger. Awaiting to hear some feedback. Many thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 16:26   #351

A tale of two kigers

Been on the lookout for a compact SUV for a while now. Finally zeroed in on a kiger. Two kigers actually, one for myself and another for my sister.
Just got the two home yesterday
One white rxz manual(delivered yesterday) and a silver rxt manual for my sister(delivered on my parents' anniversary)
Haven't been able to take many pics yet, but I'm attaching a couple of the delivery day pics.
Congratulations to all folks that have received this car.
Lastly, I'm always happy to help fellow enthusiasts answer any queries they might have regarding this car.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img20210320135753.jpg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img20210305180317.jpg  

ankitaggarwal is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:59   #352
BHPian

Great stuff. Heartiest congratulations. Can't wait for some feedback.. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitaggarwal View Post
A tale of two kigers

Been on the lookout for a compact SUV for a while now. Finally zeroed in on a kiger. Two kigers actually, one for myself and another for my sister.
Just got the two home yesterday
One white rxz manual(delivered yesterday) and a silver rxt manual for my sister(delivered on my parents' anniversary)
Haven't been able to take many pics yet, but I'm attaching a couple of the delivery day pics.
Congratulations to all folks that have received this car.
Lastly, I'm always happy to help fellow enthusiasts answer any queries they might have regarding this car.
BobbypinsGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 21:46   #353
Senior - BHPian

My boss (Head of Department), a 50 year old lady has booked Renault Kiger RXZ 1.0 AMT and she was pleasantly surprised to receive the following message.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-fd97847fc913483eb51329a14984d989.jpeg

Looks like Renault is trying very hard to ensure good customer experience. And this is a very good idea too, in my opinion. A customer can be sure of prompt resolution of any misadventure by the sales staff.

Volume players such as Maruti can not dedicate staff for each customer like Renault did but maybe they can add people to groups so that good sales experience can be ensured.

What if TATA does this and no customer has to say that the dealership sales experience was poor. Many people do rate TATA cars to be the best but the sales experience to be the worst.

I would rate the Renault experience to be miles ahead of the pathetic manner in which the Nexa dealership treated me despite me buying a car from them on the spot without test drive. Renault dealer is calling multiple times, demonstrating ownership and keeping us (my boss actually who in turn asks me to do the needful work lol ) in loop with full transparency.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 22nd March 2021 at 21:54.
PaddleShifter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 21:53   #354
BHPian

The mere existence of the Kwid is a nail in the coffin for the Kiger, which while in isolation looks jazzy but with the Kwid in the picture, it just looks like a well fed sibling.
KaurDiCar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 11:08   #355
Senior - BHPian

Came across a video of the Kiger which might be of interest to quite a few - must say it handled the challenge pretty well. Looks a genuine test (to my untrained eyes ).

wilful is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 14:14   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
But Maruti dealers in most places if not everywhere are an exception IMO. I/we have ourselves have experienced the customer centric approach of the Maruti Dealers couple of times before. Quoting one such example, few years back, on our request we were offered a test drive of the Swift Dzire at our place at our preferred time. Even then the car was brought to our place from a dealership 100 Kms away. And it is important to note that the Dzire was a hot selling model back then, which by the way, still is!
Recently I was in the market for a cng or amt transmission small car like Celerio WagonR or swift. I visited three Maruti showrooms in noida where they all they were interested in was my booking the car. Forget test drive, two didn't even have display cars for me to see what I would end up buying. To top it up, it was peak covid times and the salesman were even wearing facemasks. Just rejected all Maruti cars based on this.

Showroom experience is relative to location and it differ for all brands no matter where we go.
sunnsood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 12:07   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Came across a video of the Kiger which might be of interest to quite a few - must say it handled the challenge pretty well. Looks a genuine test (to my untrained eyes ).
wow! Kiger sure did perform wonderfully! even though it is a front wheel drive and we could see a lot of tyre spins but i believe the car holds on its own.

For common folks who will typically be driving the car in the city or occasionally on highways, the Kiger should handle the pot holes well.

Duster from Renault has an amazing shock absorber setup and believe Kiger just continues the legacy
ant_vas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 16:08   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
For common folks who will typically be driving the car in the city or occasionally on highways, the Kiger should handle the pot holes well.
Duster from Renault has an amazing shock absorber setup and believe Kiger just continues the legacy
Yes - if nothing else it will give some comfort level to potential customers about the vehicle.
On another note (not so encouraging), it appears that Renault are going to hike prices from the 1st of April and sadly it will not spare people who have made prior bookings unlike Nissan for Magnite. Very unfortunate.
Old 7th April 2021, 21:31   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Kiger 1.0 Turbo test drive experience

My friend is looking at replacing his 8 year old Swift diesel and he is focussed on Compact SUVs, like every other hatchback user.

Went and test drove the Kiger turbo manual today.

My observations:

Positives

1. Excellent space management - a spacious car for 4 well built, tall adults

2. Looks dashing, specially in blue. Very sporty in red and very classy in brown.

3. 4 airbags in both RxT and RxZ variants. Only sub 10 lakh OTR car(RxT) to get 4 airbags

4. Very value for money. Top of the line RxZ is just 10.5 lakhs on road. You get loads of features for that price.

5. The dashboard console looked superb. Nice graphic quality and MID was a breeze to use

6. 2 glove boxes, 1 of them cooled. Nice space to store stuff

7. 1.0 turbo was more refined than VAG 1.0 turbo

8. Rear ac vents

9. Nice difference in power delivery between Eco - Normal - Sports modes. Steering gets weighted with the sports mode

10. Decent drivability for a small capacity turbo petrol. Won't need much gear changes in urban traffic.

11. Dash layout was pleasant, inspite of hard plastics, there was no cheap looking bits for the most part

12. AC was a chiller. Front armrest storage + central console storage was good. Gets Nexon type sliding lid.
Large boot space!

Negatives

1. Horrible gearbox, perhaps the worst among all Compact SUVs. You would hate driving this car enthusiastically. The car had just 1000 km on odo but the gearbox felt hard and notchy

2. Rear bench, though spacious, lacks underthigh support. EcoSport in comparison has better under thigh support.

3. The steering was too flimsy to my liking

4. The suspension is on the firmer side. You feel every undulation like in the EcoSport

5. The engine is lively in the normal as well as sports mode, you get quick progress from the low end to the mid range. But the engine thoroughly hates the higher rev range. Top end performance was lagging.

6. Front armrest is useful for the driver, but too bad the design is made so that the passenger can't use the armrest.

But for 10.5 lakhs OTR for RxZ manual and 9.5 lakhs for the RxT, they both offer tremendous value. Both get 4 airbags and every necessary feature. I love that HID headlamps , driving modes and alloy wheels of the RxZ, which the RxT lacks.

Renault focussing on Kiger I guess. Their yard had all colours and variants of Kiger. Got your cheque book? You could have gotten delivery of RxZ Kiger manual turbo in red/blue shade tomorrow if you wanted. Open stock they had.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210407_1759462502.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210407_180115862.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210407_175936097.jpg

Good legroom
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210407_171844050.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210407_171905832.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210407_174201362.jpg
Dashing blue

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210407_174234454.jpg

RXL variant with halogen lamps

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210407_174613732.jpg

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 7th April 2021 at 21:45.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 09:02   #360
Team-BHP Support

Not sure if this is the right place, what’s the general feedback for the Auto variant? If not this, what other options!

Looking for a newbie lady driver, budget upto 15 lac is ok.

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th April 2021 at 09:13.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed