Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2021, 13:45   #361
BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Not sure if this is the right place, what’s the general feedback for the Auto variant? If not this, what other options!

Looking for a newbie lady driver, budget upto 15 lac is ok.
I think it is pretty good in the city as per the Magnite's review. The Kiger and Magnite share their engine and gearbox combination. You can go through the Magnite review here for more details.
Old 24th April 2021, 00:34   #362
BHPian

Booked a Kiger RXT CVT on April 2nd. AFAIK the CVT is yet to be lauched in market and dealer dispatches have just commenced.
As per Renault India and dealership, the upcoming price hike of 30K (from 1st May) will be applicable for all customers, regardless of when it was booked.

Is that a normal thing to happen? Could anyone throw some light on it. I thought price hike will only be applicable to new bookings from 1st May.
Old 24th April 2021, 01:06   #363
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Not sure if this is the right place, what’s the general feedback for the Auto variant? If not this, what other options!

Looking for a newbie lady driver, budget upto 15 lac is ok.
My boss (47 years old lady) bought Kiger RXZ 1.0 AMT non turbo. I find it very lethargic to be honest. Her budget was 10 lacs on road and I had recommended RXT 1.0 turbo CVT to her. She was attracted by the RXZ features and chose the non turbo AMT instead. I have driven the turbo CVT also and it is having a good engine gearbox combination.

Also, I believe that Maruti Brezza/SCross 4AT with torque converter are much more superior packages as a whole. And so are the other options such as the Kia Sonet. Somehow the Kiger’s 3 cylinder engine doesnt give a good, refined feel. Reverse camera is a joke. I would never spend more than 8-9 lacs on this car. This is just my personal opinion and I hope no offence is taken at my observations by any owner.

On the good side, its a chic car and looks beautiful. I am sure lady owners would be delighted to own it. Top model has all must have features and more. That central console between driver and co driver seat gives a premium look, there are ambient lights, car locks unlocks automatically as we move closer or away from it respectively. Magnite has scored 4 stars in Asean NCAP and I hope Renault did not cut any corners.

Regarding options, since Kiger is a 4m car, I am listing other petrol options that I personally consider a good overall package:
1. Honda WRV/ Amaze (current amaze is mini Honda City, earlier one was larger Brio).
2. Maruti Brezza 1.5 4AT
3. Kia Sonet/ Hyundai venue
4. Maruti S-Cross Zeta 1.5 4AT (4.3m in size but very easy to drive).
If

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
I thought price hike will only be applicable to new bookings from 1st May.
Price applicable at the time of billing is usually applicable unless a company specifically announces that it is protecting the price offered to all bookings done till date.
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 01:31   #364
BHPian

For the same price of the top end variant, I'd pick the Magnite simply for its 360 camera and hill hold control, traction control etc.
These are very nifty features on a day to day basis.
The Kiger no doubt looks better and probably has higher quality interiors, but the costs have been cut on some really important features. I would rather if it skimped on automatic climate control and drive modes and ever wireless carplay but gave the rest of what the Magnite is offering.
KaurDiCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 18:33   #365
BHPian

Hello friends. I have a two week old rxt amt kiger. Driven 650 kms. Upon delivery. I found the air pressure to high. So after fuelling. I reduced the air pressure with Normal air to 36. As recommended on the door sill of the car. All was fine. I couldn't judge a lot. But the ride was very floaty and bumpy. Next morning I drove to my regular fuel pump. Asked the air person to reduce the air pressure to 34. Without knowing that he was filling nitrogen. This is where all the mess started. The ride became erratic to say the least. After a couple of days and some research another pump, I was told that not to top up with nitrogen. Etc. So I deflated all 4 tyres on my next refuelling time. Filled all 4 tyres with NITROGEN at 32 psi. Just for kicks I asked to recheck the psi again. It showed 32 psi. Then I asked him to check the psi on the normal air pump/dispenser. It showed 36 psi in all 4 tyres.
I'm completely confused. Ride quality feels less floaty but it still does.
Should I just inflate till recommended 36 psi (OF NITROGEN) recommended by renault?
Please advise.
BobbypinsGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 21:28   #366
Senior - BHPian

A useful information for Kiger RXT and RXZ owners, as these models come with Renault's Smart Access Card

AdityaDeane is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 06:33   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
A useful information for Kiger RXT and RXZ owners, as these models come with Renault's Smart Access Card

https://Youtu.be/FjC3D0w7M9I
Definitely a useful bit of information! Thank you!
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 12:32   #368
BHPian

Quote:
I have driven the turbo CVT also and it is having a good engine gearbox combination.
Could you give us a quick review of the Kiger Turbo CVT? so far haven't come across any reviews of this variant.
Old 27th May 2021, 21:19   #369
BHPian

I was waiting to Test Drive the Kiger RXZ Turbo xtronic CVT since its launch. Last week I got a call from the Dealer in Juhu, Mumbai that they have received this model for TD. There is a lock down in Mumbai at present with a window of 7am to 11am for essential purchases. All shops/Showrooms are doing Half shutter business.

I could find time and finally took the Test Drive yesterday morning. The TD was in and around juhu in moderate traffic. Hence, Could not go beyond 60kmph. Most observations are already covered in professional reviews posted on the net.

My observations (some not covered by others) are,
1. I found the car very responsive to even a slight push on the accelerator. It just responds in a linear manner unlike the feeling that it is moving from the 1st to the 2nd etc. Impressive. This was in the D mode. When you shift to S mode, it is the D mode on steroids. Speed enthusiast will love this. I would use it while overtaking other peppy vehicles. The E mode is a drab. The sales rep made a point here; she said you can use it during the Mumbai Bumper2Bumber traffic in the evening and save fuel.

2. As Kiger does not have a Hill Assist, I was curious to test its creep function in this situation. I stopped on a 10° gradient. The car did not roll back when I left the brake with 2 of us (135kgs) occupying the front seats. I expect daily driving in traffic on flyovers will not be a problem. I would ask other members to try increasing the gradient/No. of occupants and report the outcome.

3. The RFID Sensor in this car is located inside the center console. If the Card Key runs out of juice. You can open the car with the Physical key provided inside the Card and place the card in the center console. The car starts.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-01.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-02-physical-key.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-centre-console.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-rfid-sensor-01.jpg

4. The Driver’s Seat Buckle is deep between the seat and the Centre console. It is difficult to engage the seat belt after sitting as the console obstructs your hand movement. I told them that this is a design flaw and I would like an extender if I buy the car. Renault will surely correct this issue in the next 6 months. But I don’t find this issue a deal breaker.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-03-front-seat-buckle.jpg

5. I found the car design perfect for an enthusiast solo owner driver. It also converts to a family car. Comfortable sitting space in the back seat with an armrest. Knee room adequate for taller passengers.

6. In spite of the Rear seat space for comfortable sitting, the boot space is excellent. Could not ask for more. I do Mumbai/Goa twice a year with my family; luggage space is more than adequate. The 60:40 split will give more space if required. The 40 is on the right side of the car. I would give Renault a top rating for excellent management of space inside 4 meters.

7. The music system is also of international class. I am Blaupunkt fan for many years. I found the Arkamys (4 speakers/4Tweeters) equally good.

8. The Auto air-conditioning in the car is also good.

My conclusion, Nice car/model to own.

Last edited by Sirvoicar : 27th May 2021 at 21:31. Reason: grammer
Sirvoicar is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 00:59   #370
BHPian

Thanks Sirvoicar for this quick review about the CVT version of Kiger. Guess your is the first review i could find on the internet!

Renault sure seems to have got a good car and hope it sells in good numbers.

Do you have any observations on the ride quality and suspension of Kiger?
Old 29th May 2021, 11:40   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post

https://Youtu.be/FjC3D0w7M9I
In continuation, there is a security risk involved in using just the RFID for switching the car on and off, and locking the doors with just the Physical key. That has been addressed in the video below, along with the location of the place where the Smart Card needs to be placed to start the car when battery is low or dead.

AdityaDeane is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 16:20   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Do you have any observations on the ride quality and suspension of Kiger?
Well, it was a short TD in Urban environs. It drives like a sedan, smooth and steady with a superior torque. It took the speed breakers (both, the hump type, and the short wave type) very comfortably. Could not go over 60kmph due to the traffic. We did locate a bad patch in an interior road to be rough with the suspension. The car could take the patch of bad road pretty well. However, I had a feeling that it is not meant for rough handling. It does feel light and somewhat not the tough SUV kind. This may be a biased view, as I am driving the TUV300 (Body on Frame construction, Rear wheel drive SUV) which rocks and sways but can take a lot more road abuse.
Sirvoicar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 20:43   #373
BHPian

Quote:
It does feel light and somewhat not the tough SUV kind.
Thanks for the update. Guess kiger is meant for urban usage with occasional highway drives.

The YouTube video few posts back shows thst kiger can take abuse in offroading situations decently.
Old 29th May 2021, 22:02   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
The YouTube video few posts back shows thst kiger can take abuse in offroading situations decently.
It would be prudent to wait for the official TEAM-BHP review of this variant to get a proper perspective of the cars capabilities before forming any bias. The situation is not normal at the moment due to the Pandemic. It may take a while.
Sirvoicar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 20:26   #375

FIRST SERVICE UPDATE

Kiger working normally as an urban commuter these past two months. I've driven around 1600km while sister's had crossed 2300km but couldn't get both of them serviced due to lockdown.
Issues I've faced till now:-
1) the driver side door hinge had a slight play where the nuts are secured. That creates an annoying popping sound whenever I try to open the door quickly.
2) there's a rattling noise from the rear left door. That's more pronounced when driving at slower speeds.
3) occasionally the Android auto spontaneously disconnects and fails to reconnect automatically.

Service completed at Renault Noida sector 2. Was charged a sum total of Rs325 for the entire service(that's exclusively for the sanitisation of the car post service.
My observations while I was there:-
1) The service is just a service in name(apart from airing out the air filter and greasing all door hinges absolutely nothing was done in the "service". Didn't even hookup a scan tool and look for errors.

2) A regular wash was largely on line with what you'd expect at such establishments. Not too shoddy and nothing great to write about.

3) for the complaints raised by me, they simply tightened the driver door hinge nuts and that seems to take care of the popping sound mentioned earlier. However absolutely nothing was done about the rattling noise and yet the service notes claim that both left side doors were "adjusted"and lubricated.

4) For Android auto their solution is to simply reset the system. And expect it to go away.

5) Their sanitisation consists of spraying hand sanitizer on the steering wheel, centre console and all door handles. When asked around, the boy doing this sanitisation says-"the fogging machine is too expensive so we've returned it".🤦*♂️

While I was there, another gentlemen was getting his kiger serviced and he asked me if I'd faced any issues with the braking...I replied that I haven't had anything of the sort till date but he said that his had failed him twice within the last week. Did any of you guys face this?

Just returned from the first service of both the cars and realised that the reverse camera on my sister's car has stopped working entirely. Will go back there for resolution tomorrow.
ankitaggarwal is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks