Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2021, 18:02   #91
BHPian

re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Why Renault why ?

The front resembles KWID. Thats a bummer. You could have styled it differently than the KWID more cleaner like the TRIBER.

I feel the front of MAGNITE and the rear of KIGER would have been a killer match!

But alas the manufacturers have their own reasons and constraints. The striking KWID resemblance will be a hurdle, I think MAGNITE is going to lead in the sales over the KIGER. It has more cleaner and robust looks.
sameer sultan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 18:02   #92

re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Lot of empty space in engine bay, looks like can easily swallow 1.2 litre engine. IMHO even a 1.5 diesel will be an easy fit in this bay. (Pic courtesy: Ask CarGuru YouTube channel)
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-screenshot_2021012817591452.jpg  

sidhu.algods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 18:04   #93
BHPian

A screenshot from one of the walk around videos. Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210128_180152.jpg
What exactly has Renault drawn there?
YD14 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 18:19   #94
Senior - BHPian

I don’t see much related to safety features like ESP, Hill hold assist etc. On Renault site its mentions 4 airbags (2 front- 2 side) similar to Triber.
The front face is a cross of Triber and Kwid, the interiors seems to be a step-up from Magnite. The boot capacity was a pleasant surprise.
Overall seems to be a good package when compared to the competition, let hope they price it well. Also the ability of the Renault & Nissan to churn our car at a faster pace as they both share the same production facility.
Old 28th January 2021, 18:28   #95
BHPian

Such a shame that it looks like a blown-up Kwid. They could have taken styling cues from their bigger cars such as Kicks or even Duster.

However, the interiors are a big step-up from Magnite. The Powertrain options are also pretty comprehensive.

They still need to undercut the Koreans though in pricing to make this a success. Can't price it a lot higher than the Magnite.
Old 28th January 2021, 18:48   #96
BHPian

Superior looks both inside out, especially the interiors look and feel premium.

Pricing, if the top end, CVT with all bells and whistles are priced OTR around 10+L then Renault have a winner on hand.

Looks, front looks nice with the 3 ice cube LED headlights.
Rear looks stunning with the 'C' styled taillights, and volumtious wheel arch.
Vinod_nair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 19:03   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Can be easily mistaken to be a hatchback. Fails to have that very stance of a CSUV or crossover. Magnite still looks sweet in front of kiger - this is mostly in my opinion.
Its 3991mm, that's more or less the same size as any B2 Hatch. With the exception of may be the TUV300 everything else is surely a lifted hatchback. Yes agreed, some are closer to the hatch silhouette than the others.

Magnite looks striking, but that Datsun grill is a put off for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
Just like the Magnite, the Kiger seems to have got most things right. But my only concern is that in India, and especially in this segment, IMAGE matters a lot, and the fact that this car bears more than just a little resemblance to the Kwid might go against it. Nobody wants to buy an 'SUV' only to have other people mistaking it for a budget hatchback.
In fact, I showed it to my driver and he initially thought that I am showing him a face lifted Renault Kwid!
I hope that the similarities are only due to the fact that we are seeing pictures and the real life road presence actually manages to lend this car a distinctive identity.

Kwid is a smart looking car for its segment, park it next to an Alto, Espresso or a Celerio, you will appreciate the Kwid.

Its going to be mistaken for the Kwid might be a deal breaker for few, but so does the Vento/Jetta & Passat/Phaeton for the untrained eye. I think the car looks well designed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfinger View Post
1. This is so much KWID look alike which is not good.

2. Kwid itself, a very unsafe car, I'm not sure with Renault's sole aim to become "the cheapest" sub-compact SUV , what compromises this car has seen in terms of security.

Just adding 2 air bags doesn't make a car safe unless its structural integrity is rock solid (in case of any impact), which I don't see happening as this is just a bloated KWID, on same platform (not sure here)?
The Magnite gest a 4* Crash rating, so this should have the same no ?
anand.shankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 19:10   #98
BHPian

Looks like a well-sorted car. Kudos to Nissan-Renault team for putting some seriously good effort into their recent launches.

Hey, what's wrong with the Kwid face? They are designing based on their family signature grill, that's it! Moreover, the Kwid was already designed to look like a microSUV.

Car looks slightly well put together than the Magnite, and those who are concerned about the safety for no reason might have missed that this is based on the Magnite which has a 4-Star ASEAN safety rating.

I hope they distribute the features as similar to the Magnite, nothing more and nothing less and sell it for a premium of 20k over the Magnite if necessary.
kamilharis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 19:26   #99
BHPian

This is a beautiful car, inside out. It looks similar to Kwid upfront, yes but the fact that their arent as many Kwids on the road makes it great.

I just hope the quality control is better on Kiger and not as much vibration as Magnite inside. This should be a massive success for Renault as long as they have their supply chain sorted.
Old 28th January 2021, 19:35   #100
BANNED

Are ABS and EBD features available in the base model too?
Old 28th January 2021, 19:37   #101
BANNED

Kia Sonet has surround system by Bose. It has 7 speakers of Bose which was amazing. Which brand of speakers is Renault going to provide?

Last edited by manson : 29th January 2021 at 09:27. Reason: Typo.
Old 28th January 2021, 20:02   #102
Senior - BHPian

Like the looks. The blue one looks better blending with the black accents on the outside. I think its bigger than what it looks here and maybe that will help it distinguish against Kwid. Magnite looks like Datsun instead of a Nissan in front of this. Poor thing's grill is too big for the car.
They should have given a sunroof to start with. Hope it has keyless entry ?
Old 28th January 2021, 20:07   #103
Senior - BHPian

All VW cars look same, All Skoda cars looks same. Honda has similar designs for their cars, Hyundai has their own design language. Then why complain about Renault only? Even though it looks like Kwid, I am sure in actual it will look better with muscular stance.
Hope they will price it well.
aniketi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 20:19   #104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
All VW cars look same, All Skoda cars looks same. Honda has similar designs for their cars, Hyundai has their own design language. Then why complain about Renault only? Even though it looks like Kwid, I am sure in actual it will look better with muscular stance.
Hope they will price it well.
Think about this the other way around. That is, Kiger was released first and Kwid getting released now. People would not be complaining then. Think about Brezza getting a facelift like an Alto now.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 20:20   #105
BHPian

Though it resembles Kwid, the car looks really very good in my opinion. And regarding the similarities, a lot of other manufacturers do follow the trend to have a typical signature pattern in their vehicle. And so many similar faced vehicles may create a vibe of more familiar image for a comparatively lesser selling/known brand.
In fact Tata’s upcoming HBX hatchback(or mini SUV) is having a lot of design similarities with Harrier.
When India’s largest automaker’s flagship offering(read XL6) is not having more than two airbags, if Kiger provide 4 airbags as mentioned, score 4* NCAP rating like Magnitude, and still undercuts Magnite in the price range also as mentioned earlier in this thread, the sales number should be high.
H0RSEPOWER is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks