Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2021, 09:08   #121
BHPian

re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
I don't mind missing sunroof or panoramic sunroof but cruise control is a big issue for me..though i live in Delhi NCR region, i am so adept at using cruise control that Kiger will be a big no for me if its missing this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
It has cruise control. https://Youtu.be/GBg9HC7Rrf8 start watching from 04:38.
NO cruise control on the Kiger, Bunny clearly mentioned it in his walk around video.

OT: Once Tata launches HBX, it will be pitted against both Magnite and Kiger.
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 09:33   #122
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Pardon my ignorance if it is already mentioned, but does Kiger have better suspension set-up than Magnite? I would absolutely love to have Renault touch to suspension the way they did with Duster.

Edit : we have Kwid. I don't see why family resemblance with smaller car is a problem when the said smaller car is pretty handsome to be honest. Don't all Audi Qs look the same :S

Last edited by amol4184 : 29th January 2021 at 09:41.
amol4184 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 10:11   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
It has cruise control. https://Youtu.be/GBg9HC7Rrf8 start watching from 04:38.
I saw this video already. BunnyP said, after 4:39 minutes into the video, "there is NO cruise control, as I can see"....

I didn't see a cruise control feature in any other video too (from the few I saw). Anyone else has seen cruise control?
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 11:03   #124
BHPian

The Magnite has a CVT variant too, but does not have the tiptronic/manual mode, any idea about the Kiger?
Old 29th January 2021, 11:29   #125
Senior - BHPian

New Renault Kiger product trailer

Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 11:52   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhsakarp View Post
The Magnite has a CVT variant too, but does not have the tiptronic/manual mode, any idea about the Kiger?
Powertrain is expensive to develop, hence I believe the CVT variant will be the same what we see on the the Nissan Magnite.
tj123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 13:14   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Powertrain is expensive to develop, hence I believe the CVT variant will be the same what we see on the the Nissan Magnite.
The Magnite and Kiger are essentially same. Same platform, same engine and same transmission options. I think Kiger has an AMT ('Easy-R in Renault terms) option in non-turbo engine.

The touch screen infotainment system is same, but placed in a different position. The switches and Air con knobs are the same, the steering is the same, the rear ac vents, rear centre hand rest, all are same. Most of the OE parts are sourced from same vendors/suppliers.

After looking at the pictures of Kiger, interior of Magnite looks plain.

For me Magnite looks better on the exterior, but Kiger is better in the interior. The door lock sticks, though are essentially the same, but the one in the Kiger is better.

People are definitely going to mistake it for Kwid, keeping that aside it's a good package altogether.

There is no detailed information about safety features. The brochure only talks about ABS/EBD and 2+2 airbags.
dudevarkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 14:29   #128
BHPian

Personally I like this better than Magnite. And the interiors definitely look much better.
Ofcourse looks are pretty subjective; but I dislike Magnite's front grille. Kiger's design may be similar to Kwid but I like Kwid's looks too. So, same for this.

Need to see the vehicle in the showroom to have a better view. Pictures don't always tell the whole story.
Old 29th January 2021, 14:45   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Kiger will be seen as grown up Kwid but Magnite thankfully has no such image burden.
You should check out the Datsun Redigo.

I like the stance of the Kiger, reminds me of the GLA.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-mercedesbenzglaclassd4cf76ed.jpg
Old 29th January 2021, 15:18   #130
BHPian

What is impressive is the range of engine and transmission options. You get to choose as per your budget and needs. So that's the 1 liter NA with manual and 1 liter NA with AMT (for the price conscious and the 'I don't care much of the 0-100' guys) or the 1 liter turbo manual and the 1 liter turbo CVT which gives more punch.
And they have taken few tricks from the Triber such as the side airbags (additional airbags always welcome) and the key card which works great! The storage spaces with 2 glove boxes and storage spaces with the arm rest in the front is a good thing compared to what Nissan provided and probably better speakers (not sure of this but the speaker/tweeter component kind of setup in each door should be better than what Nissan I have I guess).
Combine this with the drive modes and a much much better digital dashboard than the toyish one on the Magnite, and I think it's an overall winner.
Just wish it has the same 4 star crash rating. Same platform doesn't mean it would be the same crash worthiness AFAIK.
And the fact that Magnite started out life as a Datsun (those who know it and the grill just reflects that) just gives that 'cheap Datsun car' vibe but this may not be very visible for most.

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 29th January 2021 at 15:21.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 15:40   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

I find both exteriors and interiors better than Magnite. Kiger 1.0 turbo MT looks like a good upgrade from my 800 CC SUV inspired hatchback Kwid .
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 15:59   #132
Senior - BHPian

It doesn't seem to have a cruise control and that could be a bummer. Maybe CVT variant would have it. The ones shown above are MT variants.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 16:15   #133
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

The car looks mature and will do good numbers as far as european cars sell.

I just hope they
  • keep up the localization,
  • price the spares realistically,
  • keep updating the car with features or facelifts every 2-3 years, and
  • provide an unmatched warranty to revive their tarnished reputation from premature part failures.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-r2.jpg

Does the switch above the drive mode switch toggle the roof mounted reading lights?

Odd placement, but why?
Tgo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 16:54   #134
Senior - BHPian

Looks like there's a grown up and New "Kwid" on the block: Kiger and it looks sexy and substantial. I've always liked the fresh and bold design language the Kwid has had and this takes is further seeing the commercial posted above is going to be feature rich also like other cars. I think this New Kwid on the block will steal a bit of Magnite's thunder. This Kiger ain't a passe!
Old 29th January 2021, 17:16   #135
BHPian

Wow! The Kiger is a real stunner. Going by reports this is going to be the most affordable in the segment, a big migration from premium hatchbacks is going to take place.

IMO it will not affect the likes of Sonet & Venue. Their owner base is rock solid. It will however draw potential i20, Polo, Baleno buyers.

The interiors are also very well done, much better that the Duster. Also the variant with Turbo engine & MT will be a killer option.

Exciting times ahead in this segment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks