Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2021, 15:35   #286
BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

I don't really like digital instrument clusters but the one in the Kiger
does appeal to me. Great job Renault

Off-topic: This is how badge engineering is to be executed. Toyota, please take a page out of Nissan-Renault's book.
__.gxr.__ is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 15:37   #287
BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Seems to be ticking all the right boxes, kudos to Renault for coming up with this. Although it's rebadged, it looks strikingly different than Magnite and makes a more compelling request for itself. Interiors look good and the driving report seems alright for the price. I somehow can't see the similarities with Kwid, looks like a totally different car to me.

I strictly feel Renault should have included ESP, traction control and hill-start assist as standard. Not sure what kind of saving Renault is going to get by omitting these
However this should sell really well since Renault has a slightly better network than Nissan and Duster is much more famous than Terrano in Tier 2 and 3 cities.

P.S. Can't help but notice our market it exactly poised as the current F1 teams, No 1 and No 2 are already out of reach ( Maruti = Mercedes) and (Hyundai = RBR ) and the real fun is in the midfields with Tata, Mahindra, Kia and Renault fighting neck to neck for spots. Gonna be fun for next few years!!
turbowhistle is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 15:52   #288
BHPian

Finally Renault and Nissan have brought a competent value proposition product, we have to wait and see whether they can dominate like the Korean and Japanese Duos (Veune/Sonet and Brezza/UrbanCruiser).

The Sub 4m SUV is full with almost everyone has a product except the VW & Skoda.

Suzuki Brezza (1.5 NA Petrol MT/AT)

Toyota Urban Cruiser (1.5 NA Petrol MT/AT)

Ford Ecosport (1.5 NA Petrol MT/AT and 1.5 Diesel MT)

Hyundai Venue (1.2 NA Petrol MT, 1.0 Turbo Petrol MT/iMT/DCT and 1.5 Diesel MT)

Kia Sonet (1.2 NA Petrol MT, 1.0 Turbo Petrol iMT/DCT and 1.5 Diesel MT/AT)

Mahindra XUV300 (1.2 Turbo Petrol MT/AMT and 1.5 Diesel MT/AMT)

Tata Nexon (1.2 Turbo Petrol MT/AMT and 1.5 Diesel MT/AMT)

Nissan Magnite (1.0 NA Petrol MT and 1.0 Turbo Petrol MT/CVT)

Renault Kiger (1.0 NA Petrol MT/AMT and 1.0 Turbo Petrol MT/CVT)

and add the body and ladder frame models from Mahindra (Bolera Powerplus and TUV300), that mind boggling choices with engine and transmission alone, adding features and preference into this mix, wow lot of options available for buyers.
Sivacar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 19:41   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
• On a rough patch of road, I found myself doing good speeds without any issues. You can hear the suspension working, but little is transmitted into the cabin.
Even the youtube reviewers praised much of driving it over broken patches of road, without feeling the need to really slow down. Renault surely knows how to tune it for our roads and highways!

Diesel_Drives is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:53   #290
Senior - BHPian

Kiger's full brochure in PDF and price list at a glance.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img20210223wa0006.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf KIGER Vertical brochure_18022021.pdf (4.91 MB, 1087 views)

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 23rd February 2021 at 08:56.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:09   #291
BHPian

Its a great review, though an early one and I am sure a detailed one will also be out. I am planning to buy a Bigger Car for my Parent and my Mother-in-Law, so given their age I am more inclined towards the CVT. From the review posted on TeamBHP about the Magnite CVT, it looks promising. What I'm more keen to know is -

1. Will it remain the same as that in Magnite.
2. Will there be changes made by Renault like some tweaking to make it a bit better than Magnite.

Has anyone driven the Magnite CVT across Hilly areas or Ghat sections. Does it performs better than TC AT ?
swunkjyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:13   #292
BHPian

Some design elements remind me of Nexon. The center slider on top of cubby holes, seat countouring and bolstering specially caught my attention. The overall shape is beefed up Kwid. Would be interesting to see how wheel arch plastic cladding has been done here. In Kwid the wheel arch cladding does not have metal body behind it. In case it comes out the car looks just horrible. Small cost cutting tactics I would believe. That AMT starting price point is a mouth watering proposition if it has been done well. I have seen a good combo of this technology in Wagon R 1.2 AGS and believe that it can handle all ghats and hills without issues provided you get familiar with it. I could have surly given it a look. Triber’s AMT is pathetic and I just hope Renualt have done their homework this time. Kudos to competetion.
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:25   #293
AZT
BHPian

With Nissan confirming the India Magnite is rated 4 Star by the ASEAN NCAP, I'm interested to see for how many people that would be the deciding factor. Renault has a better brand recall but Nissan is 4 Star rated.
Old 24th February 2021, 01:05   #294
BHPian

Walkaround of the Renault Kiger RXT variant.

ATRONIX is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 09:08   #295
BHPian

I'd take the exterior of the Magnite and the Interior of the Kiger
and make a third car out of it. That would be awesome!

The Magnite interior is too basic (not feature wise) and cheap looking while the Renault's front is a tad to busy and overstyled for my liking.
Old 24th February 2021, 09:14   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
I'd take the exterior of the Magnite and the Interior of the Kiger
and make a third car out of it. That would be awesome!

The Magnite interior is too basic (not feature wise) and cheap looking while the Renault's front is a tad to busy and overstyled for my liking.
Await Tata's HBX, you could get the best of both worlds +more.

Tata should not delay the launch.
Old 24th February 2021, 09:49   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Await Tata's HBX, you could get the best of both worlds +more.

Tata should not delay the launch.
But, wait that HBX will not get Turbo Petrol Option nor the Smooth CVT Gearbox !! Period.

Now what do you say....??

Tata knows how to screw up a good product by offering underwhelming engines at launch and making intrested customers to walk out and look at other options (Tin Cans).

I bet you that Tata HBX will not offer 1.2 Turbo Petrol at launch and the 1.2 NA will come with 5 Speed Manual and AMT gearbox.

Enough of HBX, now coming back to Kiger, They should have offered CVT in RXL trim like Nissan offers Magnite CVT in XL trim. Because that XL CVT has all the required kit and is available under 10 lakhs. I would anyday pick that Magnite CVT over Venue DCT and Nexon AMT.
Old 24th February 2021, 09:55   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
But, wait that HBX will not get Turbo Petrol Option nor the Smooth CVT Gearbox !! Period.
Well if you try and ask for it then TATA fanboys will allege that you are setting unrealistic expectations of the product and inform you that TATA knows exactly what the Indian consumers want and so what we want is not relevant.

I am tired of waiting for TATA to release the Altroz or Nexon DCT. I can hardly hope for the HBX to come with a turbo petrol as per the TATA horde.

Happy to see that they are manufacturers providing decent engine auto tranny combos below 10L ex showroom too.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 09:59   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Walkaround of the Renault Kiger RXT variant.
Thanks for sharing the video

The front screams kwid without those tri led headlights. Good chance that people might opt for top end to get that differentiating factor.
Old 24th February 2021, 12:50   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post
Today I had been to my Renault Service center and thought of clicking new Renault Kiger pictures.

5. Wheels are 195/65/R16 which gives car better presence on road.
Thanks a bunch for the pictures & observation. I think the tyre size is 195/60 & not 195/65. Could someone confirm the same? Thank you.
adamkathy23 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed