Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2021, 12:46   #316
BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Can't help thinking that Renault-Nissan have still got enough room to introduce a Kiger Sport or Magnite Sport with the 1.3 engine from the Kicks Turbo.

Now that would be a fun car !
JishD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 13:34   #317
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Can't help thinking that Renault-Nissan have still got enough room to introduce a Kiger Sport or Magnite Sport with the 1.3 engine from the Kicks Turbo.

Now that would be a fun car !
Kiger has enough fun already. Kiger CVT has 160 NM torque which is more than even Creta IVT's 145 NM. I drove Magnite CVT and it was a hoot to drive. High-floor (205mm) but lower roof meant good center of gravity AND less body-roll. Engine-CVT combo was excellent. In fact much more than what you expect at this price.

Last edited by GTO : 6th March 2021 at 06:10. Reason: Guess you meant CG, and not GC?
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:06   #318
Senior - BHPian

Renault delivers 1,100 Kigers on first day of sales

Renault has delivered 1,100 Kigers on the very first day of sales.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-picture-1.jpg

The Kiger was launched in India on February 15, 2021. The crossover is available in four variants - RxE, RxL, RxT and RxZ.

The Kiger is based on the CMF-A+ platform, which is shared with the Nissan Magnite. The crossover comes equipped with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, a 7-inch digital instrument cluster, automatic climate control, ambient lighting, PM 2.5 air filter, hands-free smart access card and a parking camera.

The Kiger is powered by a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder turbo-petrol engine that produces 99 BHP and 160 Nm. It is also offered with a naturally aspirated 1.0-litre petrol motor producing 71 BHP and 96 Nm. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual, 5-speed CVT (Turbo-Petrol only) and a 5-speed AMT (NA Petrol only). In the CVT version, peak torque of the 1.0L turbo-petrol engine is restricted to 152 Nm.
TusharK is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:21   #319
BHPian

Seems Renault-Nissan Duo is on Fire Profits.
This clearly shows, A good VFM product can lift the company even from the death bed.
ash22 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 14:15   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Renault delivers 1,100 Kigers on first day of sales.
Excellent news. Renault and Nissan deserve a huge round of applause for their effort with Kiger/Magnite.

Initially just like others, even I was of opinion that this looks like a beefed up kwid but happened to see one in flesh on the highway and its far from it. Looks pretty futuristic. Now if they manage to score GNCAP 4* with stable bodyshell it would be awesome

P.S: I know Nissan claimed the ASEAN rating is for same car but not sure why it isn’t marketed properly, as that can be a huge selling point. That’s one area koreans are supremely tight lipped for obvious reasons & hence would be an USP for them just like Tata/Mahindra

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th March 2021 at 10:04. Reason: edited
SoumenD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 16:13   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, talk of home-work done well. They got the looks right, the features right & now the manufacturing chain right! Properly timed launch and sales time-table. Congratulations to these two troubled partners in taking off on the right foot with the Kiger-Magnite. And god knows we really needed a good competition to incumbents in this particular budget area of the spectrum.

Now the sales and manufacturing seem to have hit their targets. Over to Service network to deliver on the promise for a sustained sales business for these cars.

If this translates to more and more products will come with similar commitment - we might actually be able to witness a true turn-around.

Last edited by Reinhard : 3rd March 2021 at 16:15.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 11:45   #322
BHPian

I took a test drive of Renault Kiger 1.0 NA RXZ AMT for my Co-Brother.

I must say I was impressed with the car. Key features which I really liked are as below

1. 1.0 NA AMT engine is different from what I have in my KWID 1.0 it is smooth and AMT is less jerky
2. Wireless Android Auto and Carplay is excellent
3. Sound quality from ICE is excellent in RXZ
4. Headlights are powerful and sufficient
5. I felt the rear leg room is on par with my Duster if not more
6. Cabin noise is less compared to KWID 1.0 AMT
7. Seating position is good and Kiger has a flat bonnet
8. Good Road Presence turns head at night due to the headlights
9. Smart key feature is good, once you walk away from car it auto locks and unlocks when you come near the car
10. 7 inch TFT screen (MID and Speedo) gives a lot of information including outside temperature etc
11. Wireless car charger is optional but fits nice
12. Important of all 4 airbags and Magite's 4 star rating with just 2 airbags is impressive

We went ahead and booked Blue and Black dual tone Kiger 1.0 RXZ AMT for 10,03,000 in Bangalore. Turbo was 1.78 lakhs more and my Co-Brother and his wife were happy with AMT.

Last edited by CarBot : 4th March 2021 at 11:53. Reason: corrected a typo
CarBot is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 13:02   #323

We got our Kiger delivered yesterday. Renault Noida had organized a ceremony where around 15 cars were delivered by Mr. Sudhir Malhotra (VP, Sales).

Our budget was capped at 8 Lakhs (No Loan) hence got the RXT AMT variant which I thought was a complete VFM package for a city runabout.

Kiger replaces our 2010 Polo 1.2 TDi which we had to let go of in Sept'20 due to the NGT ruling for diesel vehicles in NCR. Polo served us for 80,000 Kms without any niggles, just regular maintenance, hoping similar experience with the Kiger.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_6184.jpeg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_6183.jpeg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_6179.jpeg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_6180.jpeg  

ansh_ram is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 14:51   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Kiger 1.0 MT (non turbo) quick drive!!

Positives:
1. Good looks
2. Decent ride quality
3. Lot of storage spaces and boot is huge
4. Interiors look nice
5. Decent music system
6. Neutral road dynamics

Negatives:
1. Engine noise (it's nowhere as smooth as Suzukis) and average performance
2. Notchy gear shifts
3. Under-thigh support of rear seats
4. High loading lip of the boot
5. Brakes lack initial bite
6. Average build quality

Few pics:

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210304_122538.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210304_122527.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210304_122549.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210304_120011.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210304_121301.jpg

Guys, don't conclude Kiger is just an overgrown Kwid. Being a Kwid owner, I definitely feel Kiger is a good upgrade. Posting few pics to compare

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210304_120739.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210304_120730.jpg

Other points:

1. Speed alarms are very mild. We won't even hear it when music is on.
2. CVT deliveries only by April end as per SA.
3. Pocket smart key looks ancient. Doors unlock on their own with key in pocket, no request sensors.
4. Waiting period of 30 days for most of the variants

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210304_123018.jpg

5. There is good difference in sports mode. Throttle response is sharper. But, I found it little jerky when you remove the foot off the pedal and accelerate again.

Price list:

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210304_132020.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210304_132012.jpg

I would be driving the Turbo MT next week

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 4th March 2021 at 15:06.
Dr.Naren is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 16:20   #325
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansh_ram View Post
We got our Kiger delivered yesterday. Renault Noida had organized a ceremony where around 15 cars were delivered by Mr. Sudhir Malhotra (VP, Sales).
Congratulations on your new Car
Your new ride have more fans, see the second picture in your attachments. Please check him before you start the engine 🙏
Vmv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 16:29   #326
Senior - BHPian

Goes to show that there are lot of people who need cars but not happy with the choices in the market. Great going by Renaut-Nissan.

But somehow Renault/Nissan have failed in bringing out something like a Brezza which doesnt look toyish in any way and looks mature. Difficult to think they all belong to the same class.
Old 5th March 2021, 09:51   #327
BHPian

Renault Kiger is one of the options I am comparing against the Magnite and had the below question:

Quote:
Can anyone tell me what's the height of the driver seat on the base model (XE/XL)? I have booked the XE variant and there isn't a TD unit available. I have test ridden the XV Turbo and NA which has adjustable seat height. I am curious if anyone can shed some light about the base model. Would be a lot helpful.
I was wondering if anyone could confirm what is the seat height of the RXE variant in comparision to the adjustable seat of the RXZ. Is at the top most height or at the bottom in adjustment terms?
Bismaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 10:59   #328
BHPian

Kiger, launched on 15th Feb outsells Magnite for the month of February 2021 with 3226 units have found new home. Well done Renault.

Except Brezza and Ecosport, sales of others take a toll due to Kiger effect.

Nissan need to ramp up their supply chain to match Kiger numbers.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-untitled.jpg

Link

Last edited by Deadpool : 5th March 2021 at 11:00. Reason: Link provided
Deadpool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 11:10   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post

Nissan need to ramp up their supply chain to match Kiger numbers.
Kiger was originally supposed to be launched before Magnite if I'm not wrong. Renault seems to have good volume to cars ready for despatch. Magnite on the other hand seems to have demand for the base variant (owing to the 50K discount on XE) and higher models do not have much customer interest.

I was quoted a delivery of 15th March for the Kiger RXE while the Magnite XE variant is due in August or later in the year. Simple supply and keeping up with demand seems to be have worked for Kiger. Underpinnings are same for both cars, looks are subjective. Numbers speak the rest. Volume sure does give Renault an edge over Nissan.
Bismaya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 11:46   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBot View Post
I took a test drive of Renault Kiger 1.0 NA RXZ AMT for my Co-Brother.

I must say I was impressed with the car. Key features which I really liked are as below
We went ahead and booked Blue and Black dual tone Kiger 1.0 RXZ AMT for 10,03,000 in Bangalore. Turbo was 1.78 lakhs more and my Co-Brother and his wife were happy with AMT.
You have said what a lot of normal car buyers would think. Most of them are not performance driven folk and are happy to consider the AMT top trim in the naturally aspirated engine as a sensible option for their day to day needs. They are not bothered about 'head nods', 'not torquey enough', 'gear shift lag' and all of that. They look at the value proposition based on their driving habits.
I think Renault made a great decision to offer the AMT version in the top trim of the non turbo engine.

Last edited by wilful : 5th March 2021 at 11:47.
wilful is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks