Team-BHP - Revamped Fiesta & New Ford hatchback?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Revamped Fiesta & New Ford hatchback? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/22984-revamped-fiesta-new-ford-hatchback.html)

Was browsing through this month's Overdrive issue. They have talked about Ford launching a revamped Fiesta. They had a couple of pics on the new Fiesta. Cant find any mention of this on the Web.

They have also shown the proposed Hatch(with pics) that they would be launching in India.

Does anyone have more info on this.

I feel the current Fiesta looks much better then the revamped one. The revamped Fiesta looks like it's trying too hard to be good looking. I prefer the understated looks of the current one.

Quote:

Cant find any mention of this on the Web.
You can go to Ford Brazil's website for a detailed look on the new Fiesta. Or click on this link for more pictures.

the new ford hatchback is codenamed b402 or something like that and is a fresh design compared to the tall boys being launched by the other manufacturers.
imo,the new fiesta looks better than the current one.

thats all ok as to which one looks better but the point is whether or not this thing will come to India and when and for how much?. Take a leaf out of chevy what with launching the SRV and the UV/A almost sounding more like a censor certificate than a car and see their mad pricing..no wonder their products dont do well. The Ford guys should take a pointer or two from this case study.

still prefer the current one.Hatchback would be interesting option..

Well, the Ford Fusion is a Fiesta-based hatchback... on stilts. At 5.5 lakhs, its pretty cheap, and drives well. I dont think Ford would want to tangle with the Maruti/Hyundai/Tata trio by bringing in a sub-4 lakhs hatch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballkey (Post 409381)
Well, the Ford Fusion is a Fiesta-based hatchback... on stilts. At 5.5 lakhs, its pretty cheap, and drives well. I dont think Ford would want to tangle with the Maruti/Hyundai/Tata trio by bringing in a sub-4 lakhs hatch.

Remember they still have another car in their line-up whose tail they can easily chop-off (which was in anycase an add-on) and get into the sub 4 lakh domain without any substantial investment. Infact Ikon's tail was its only sore point (IMO)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 409800)
Remember they still have another car in their line-up whose tail they can easily chop-off (which was in anycase an add-on) and get into the sub 4 lakh domain without any substantial investment. Infact Ikon's tail was its only sore point (IMO)

thats another thing I always wonder about. Why the hell is Ford not doing that ??

The hatch which was shown in the Overdrive issue is actually based on the Ikon platform, and so they can easily get that down here if Ford intends to. Car looks best when viewed from the rear 3 quarters. Looks quite sporty from the pics which were shown.

The Fiesta currently available in Indua looks better than the new one shown in the mag, IMO.