Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used Ford Figo / Aspire today?
Yes 226 74.10%
No 79 25.90%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2020, 15:04   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford Figo / Aspire

Resounding YES !!!!

Love at first flooring...felt like a 2.0l throaty old school petrol engine.
No idea about handling or ride since it was a straight stretch TD, but from all the reviews it was pretty decent too.
The styling was clean and tidy. Interiors looked practical with all the storage and that phone holder on the dash.
Was so enamoured that, parents had finalised it.
But spoilsport me vetoed

Partly because I felt bad in compromising interior space and pretty cramped seats in what was our family car for just the engine performance.
Not to say, the competition at that time offered space and (feeling stupid now) touchscreen with modern looking interiors.
Partly because at that time, the car would be idle for most of the time, unless my brother or me came for the weekend or when dad comes home once an year.

So much crazed that, @karan561's Figo was my wallpaper/screensaver for a couple of years!!!

This one
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford Figo / Aspire-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447616454.062967.jpg

Years later could only drool at @joe_lightspeed's modified Figo. Especially the lowering and when he pre-facelifted the ugly moustache rear bumper.

As a used purchase?

Looks- Except for the ugly bumpers of the facelift, it is a clean design for me. May look dated today, but the lines are timeless.
Engine- 'nuf said.
Handling/ride- Maybe average compared to old Fords and Fiats, of whose prowess am unaware of. Ignorance-Bliss.
Mileage - Among the most fuel efficient ones.
Spares/support - Right now, I feel after Maruti and Toyota, Ford has the most pocket friendly and transparent A.S.S

So ofcourse yes, for used purchase.
Figo TDCi that is.
Though as a new purchase, Freestyle it is.

Last edited by DicKy : 27th November 2020 at 15:05.
DicKy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 15:29   #17
BHPian

Voted a big Yes.
I have a Ford Figo 1.5 Tdci and I don't see myself changing this car anytime soon even if I have money to spare. Figo keeps me excited all the time I'm behind the wheel. It's so much fun without hurting the wallet. Spare/Service is cheaper than my earlier Marutis.

So, if a time comes to replace this car, I would again go for the same car!
kptraveller is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 18:26   #18
BHPian

I'd obviously go for the Figo triplets with the TDCi or 15.NA AT engine. I'd prefer freestyle for the complete package it comes with 6 airbags, ESP, TC and sync 3. It's an absolute sleeper car and is serious fun behind the wheel. Though it's a couple of notches below the older Ford's, the DNA is still there. With spares not being an issue for the newer Ford's, this car is a keeper, though it looks plain at first sight and will attract less attention
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 21:13   #19
BHPian

This is probably, if I remember correctly, the first pre worshipped car thread where I've voted yes. And this is not just some yes, it's a BIG yes. Without a single shred of doubt. I normally am very picky about the features and I do hold a considerable amount of importance to them but for this, I honestly couldn't care less. Even if it is barebones, I'd still pick it for that gem of an engine, the 1.5 TDCi. I have driven it a lot and I'm absolutely in love with it. What a great piece of engineering. Almost zero lag and a mid range which can push you back into your seat, ofcourse the downside being the vehicle behind you won't be enjoying it too much considering it'll be given a clean coat of fresh soot
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 07:28   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted No!

Reasons :

The 1.5 diesel does not have good reports on long term basis. There are many owners that I know that complain about excessive engine oil consumption beyond 1 lakh km mark.

The missing armrest, poor lower back support from the front seats and the interior layout are all deal breakers to me.

If the car is for a low usage/ secondary car, ok. Not as a primary car.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 13:43   #21
BHPian

I will vouch for this car with my life.
I own a 2016 Figo Tdci and this will be my car that I won't part with even if I go bankrupt.

Obviously there are some defects such as a missing armrest but the motor, the driveability and the performance is unmatched.

My car has run over 1.2 lakh kms with no major defects.

Got a EvoTech Stage 1+ Map along with a BMC Filter and Eibach Lowering Springs. Trust me, no car below 20Lakh can match her.

Find me a car which can do 0-100 in less than 8 seconds, do two ton speeds all day long, win trackdays, destroy motorsport events, be your daily drive, literally rip the streets and also be capable enough to take 3 people all the way to Rohtang. I dare you.

She has eaten your Baleno RS, Pseudo sporty german sedans, Accord V6's, i-vtec's when her engine was not even warmed up.

So I really can't care enough if the armrest is missing, or the interiors are bland. Should that be an issue, please go buy a Hyundai.

What can I say, I absolutely love her till death.

Attaching a few pictures. Should someone want to watch my laps from the events, I'd share the link.
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford Figo / Aspire-whatsapp-image-20201128-1.23.35-pm.jpeg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford Figo / Aspire-whatsapp-image-20201128-1.23.35-pm-1.jpeg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford Figo / Aspire-whatsapp-image-20201128-1.23.35-pm-2.jpeg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford Figo / Aspire-whatsapp-image-20201128-1.31.13-pm.jpeg  

bhphog is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 15:08   #22
BHPian

Voted a Yes only for the Tdci engine. I had taken a Figo Aspire from Zoom Car for Ahmedabad to Mount Abu trip. The small boot and lesser width meant that it was comfortable for only 4 Adults and we had to do some luggage management. However the engine was fabulous and made the journey a breeze. The low resale value makes it even a better used car.
adi.mariner is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 15:18   #23
BHPian

An absolute Yes from an owner of a 5year old Aspire Tdci, at 92000+ kilometres.
No blings can replace the absolute gem of an engine (24km/litre average by DTE), excellent low end torque, transparent low cost maintenance,superb brakes, a highly responsive-to-feedback parent company and not a single rattle till date.
eyedocgb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 10:30   #24
BANNED

As an owner of Ford Aspire DCT, I wouldn't buy the same car again! My reasons are
1) Not safe to my liking, only 3* and unstable body shell
2) Average build quality
3) Lot of simple features missing: ISOFIX, illuminated power window switches etc
4) Should have had wider tires, came with 185.
5) Pathetic wheel nut quality

I love
1) DCT! enough said
2) Hoot to drive, it can reach insane top speeds!
3) Good steering feedback
4) Cheap to maintain, never crossed ₹4000 for service
5) Spacious for a chopped sedan, comfortable back seats too.
The Rationalist is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 11:27   #25
AZT
BHPian

Wow! I don't think any car has received such a resounding yes in the comments section in Black Wasp's polls. Haven't driven but will definitely look at the Figo if looking for a used budget car.
Old 1st December 2020, 12:15   #26
BHPian

Voted Yes. But here are some disclaimers:

Will NOT buy the earlier 4 cylinder petrol version.
Will sell an arm to buy the special 1.5 sports version that had a short shelf life.
Not keen on the Aspire, will prefer the hatchback version of this car.

P.S. I presently drive the petrol version Freestyle, which is a cousin of the present Figo and absolutely love the car! Have driven the diesel version of the Aspire (me and a friend of mine bought our cars around the same time) and it is absolute hoot to drive!
amitayu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 12:17   #27
BHPian

Definitely a yes! I myself got a 2019 model figo blu tdci just last month. The car was just 1.5 years old and had run approx. 16000 km. Luckily it also came with the 5 years / 100000 km company warranty. The car is as good as new and scratch less. I got it inspected from Ford before finalising the deal. All this cost me well under 7 lakhs. I dont need to say anything more about the car or the engine Fully satisfied with the purchase and what i had to spend for it!!
robbie_KL is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 12:49   #28
BHPian

A resounding YES! *conditions apply

*conditions: If we were to buy a budget non automatic car, it would ONLY be the FIGO 1.5D as it suits all our use cases, and ticks all my conditions.

Power - Check
Power - Double Check
Safety features - Check
Build - Acceptable
Power/Fuel efficiency ratio - Very Good
Good brakes - Check
Good driving dynamics - Check
Fun to drive - Check
Ease of maintenance - Check
Passenger comfort: Acceptable

When choosing a car, I really don't care about anything other than above ones.

My story: I was in the market for a used car, just few days back, for my wife who's learning to drive. I managed to convince my wife, a notable feat in itself, to choose either a Punto or a Figo. I got a good deal on a used Punto 90HP variant, but dropped it off because of lack of power. I sold my Punto 75HP in 2016 primarily because of its lack of power, and upgraded to an Ecosport 1.5D. I almost finalized a deal on 2018 Figo 1.5D, and was day dreaming about the Figo, and what a hoot it's going to be with an engine I'm already familiar and in love with. One thing lead to another, and we got an Ignis AMT, as it was the closest,safest, and little driver focused automatic in our budget. Don't mistake me, I'm loving the Ignis for its character, yet I'm missing the Figo.

So this thread couldn't have come at a worse time for me. To all those with a resounding 'yes', and comments and praises on the Figo, thank you guys, thank you for reminding me what I missed. If I'm being grumpy today, I'm blaming it on you guys. *goes to have a tea thinking what a great car it is*

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 12:55   #29
BHPian

Voted a resounding YES.
In fact I am taking delivery of a pre-owned 2017 Figo Diesel MT Titanium tomorrow. Just came to workplace after completing all formalities at the Used Car Showroom. The timing of this thread couldn't have been better for me.
Pkumarblore is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 14:01   #30
BHPian

Voted Yes, Had a first-gen Figo in extended family and I had a lot of fun with it. I remember being in love with all black freestyle for a long long time. The Diesel is a workhorse and a much much better, safer and sorted option than Maruti if you want to do 50-100km a day and do it FAST!!!! The economy won’t disappoint as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkumarblore View Post
Voted a resounding YES.
In fact I am taking delivery of a pre-owned 2017 Figo Diesel MT Titanium tomorrow. Just came to workplace after completing all formalities at the Used Car Showroom. The timing of this thread couldn't have been better for me.
Congratulations!! This can't be coincidence , enjoy the car
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks