Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used Ford Figo / Aspire today?
Yes 226 74.10%
No 79 25.90%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2021, 14:32   #61
BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford Figo / Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Code 6. They have already done a few Figo's in Goa. Besides they have a permanent representative in Goa whom I know quite well.
Nice!

Quote:
Shouldn't be an issue.
Lucky you. Have already scraped my Figo's belly in Bangalore a couple of times. Maybe it's my sub-par driving.

Quote:
Actually there a a few designs of alloys from the Ecosport which go well.
https://www.carblogindia.com/this-mo...from-ecosport/
Oh my! This looks sweet! Thanks for sharing this! Very interesting that it's a KL registered car. Hope you buy a Figo and put these wheels on it.
Old 18th February 2021, 17:45   #62
BHPian

What is a fair price to pay for a mid 2016 ford figo tdci with around 85k km. Car is in decent shape. Interms of scheduled maintenance, how much would I have to additionally spend on brake discs, pads, engine mounts, clutch, suspension overhaul, timing kit in the near future? Any of these jobs should have already been done by now?
Old 30th July 2022, 08:16   #63
BHPian

Reviving this old thread. Is buying a Figo/Aspire recommended now? Also, I have seen a few cars but these are with dealers. As this is going to be my first used car, I don't want to be cheated by the dealers. Any indicative prices for 2016-17 Figo and Aspire diesel?
Old 8th August 2022, 09:23   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryFurry View Post
Reviving this old thread. Is buying a Figo/Aspire recommended now? Also, I have seen a few cars but these are with dealers. As this is going to be my first used car, I don't want to be cheated by the dealers. Any indicative prices for 2016-17 Figo and Aspire diesel?
I would say yes. All BS4 small Fords are pretty reliable and spare parts are also cheap. I got myself an Aspire Titanium diesel 2018 MY for a good price this year, which i intend to daily drive and also use as a project car. My car is out of warranty but I have no worries whatsoever regarding the mechanical bits of the car and I do not ever intend to sell it, instead I plan to use it as long as i can maintain it in a good shape regardless of any senseless rule changes.

I can't speak for any other states but atleast in my state Kerala, finding a Ford service center isn't exactly as hard as i imagined it would be i have a small one within 10 kms and a larger one within 50 kms, and the diesel motor is the same as the Ecosport which was a hit, so i dont think parts availability will be an issue. I assume New Delhi being the capital will have more availability of SCs compared to my area. FE is also very good, I get 16-17 in the city and 22+ on the highways, 19-20 when I have a heavy foot (more often than not, that is the case). Ofcourse, this is MID figures, actual figures may vary by around 1 kmpl.

I can see from the mentioned location that you're from New Delhi, if you have genuine plans to get one of these and keeping it for some time, then I'd suggest getting the last MY for BS4 you can find (IIRC its 2019) or atleast 2018, so that you get that much years out of the car due to the illogical green tribunal rule there. Avoid BS6 models as they have DPF issues which are not yet resolved.

2017 Figo and Aspire Titanium diesels should be around the range of 4-4.5 depending on the condition of the car and genuine Kms run (odo rolling back is a real thing). Just take it to the nearby Ford SC and check it's service history, if everything checks out, then you can think about further decisions. Also, if you or anyone close to you have a trusted mechanic that they've known for a long time, then bring them along to check the car, you can never be too careful when spending your own money.

P.s.
If you plan to invest further in the car, as in HU upgrades to get Android Auto/CarPlay functionality, YouTube etc then i suggest spending a bit further while you're already in the market, to find a 2018+ facelifted Aspire/Freestyle which has the SYNC 3 system from Ford. A good system from Pioneer or Sony will set you back by 20-25k, instead if you can manage to find an example which already has the SYNC 3 system then there is no need for a HU upgrade.
No model years of the Figo had the SYNC 3 system.

You can PM me if you have any doubts.

Thanks,

Sai

Last edited by SaiSW : 8th August 2022 at 09:33.
SaiSW is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 12:08   #65
BHPian

Greetings to all,
I have been looking for a used Figo/Aspire in petrol guise.
So which model year do you all recommend to buy?
I heard that 1.2P is boring.
Old 8th August 2022, 14:50   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay_868 View Post
Greetings to all,
Depending on whether you want an automatic or not, you can choose between the 1.2 Dragon series and the 1.5 AT. I prefer the 1.5 AT. It is great to drive but that AT transmission might become a bit problematic to fix if it develops any issues, you might have to wait a lot of time for it's parts to arrive in the future. So if you don't want an AT then 1.2 Dragon series it is.

Also, why not get the diesel? That 1.5 TDCi is an absolute scorcher even in stock form (0-100 under 10 seconds), parts are cheap and will also be easy to find since cars with that engine has sold a lot. I picked up an Aspire diesel some months ago and I'm loving every moment I spend inside it. A stage 1 map will make the diesel figos even more crazy on the road.

About model year, if you can stretch your budget a bit, try to get a facelifted Aspire/Freestyle with the SYNC 3 system (2019 and later). Post facelift the Aspire and the Freestyle got a Chinese (i think) system in lower trims and the brilliant Ford SYNC 3 system in the top end trim.

Last edited by SaiSW : 8th August 2022 at 14:59.
SaiSW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 15:46   #67
BHPian

A big yes.
I own a 2015 Titanium diesel Aspire @ 125000km + as my daily ride.
Ford service costs are amazingly low(labour charges waived off for an old customer), service guys show excellent response and in Guwahati atleast, it isn't an issue till date.
Ride quality is quite good as I have completed several 500km+ trips over some roads that exist in namesake, yet never feeling tired. The AC is a chiller and lack of fancy electronics leads to lesser electrical issues.
Gremlins like window power-switch issues, thermostat seal failure etc though exist but have been promptly taken care of under warranty .
By the way, only Ford used to offer a spare car for > 48 hrs downtime
The BS6 diesels are to be avoided though as Ford hasn't been able to resolve the DPF issues.
eyedocgb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 20:58   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I would say yes. All BS4 small Fords are pretty reliable and spare parts are also cheap. I got myself an Aspire Titanium diesel 2018 MY for a good price this year, which i intend to daily drive and also use as a project car. My car is out of warranty but I have no worries whatsoever regarding the mechanical bits of the car and I do not ever intend to sell it, instead I plan to use it as long as i can maintain it in a good shape regardless of any senseless rule changes.

Thanks,

Sai
First of all, congratulations for getting yourself such a great car. Also, thanks a lot for your detailed response. As you already own the car, your advice matters the most. Thanks for clarifying all the important things about the Aspire. I never knew that SYNC 3 also came with this car. I was under the impression that it only came with the Ecosport. Also, this being my first used car purchase, I am sure that I will need loads of guidance from you. As you have rightly pointed out, odo tempering is quite a prevailing issue. Getting the car checked at Authorised service centre is the only authentic way to verify the odo reading. Just like you, I also never expected that Ford will have so many active service centres across the country even after their abrupt shutdown. Delhi NCR has multiple active Ford service centres and even some Tier 3 towns have atleast one fully functional service centre.

I will surely keep you updated about my used car hunt.
StarryFurry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 04:56   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay_868 View Post
Greetings to all,
If you want a Aspire petrol, go for 1.5 AT. I have a 2015 DCT model, it's a hoot to drive. I think the facelifted versions came with TC automatics. That would be ideal for someone worried about DCT gearbox.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 11:28   #70
BHPian

I just found out that the Aspire not only has automatic up and down power windows for the driver side but also has the anti pinch function for the same.

I highly doubt many cars below 10 lacs had this feature, certainly not most of it's competitors when it was on sale.

This makes me hate Ford's marketing team even more. Instead of spamming 'family waala feeling' everywhere, if they had marketed the features that their lineup had, more, then I'm 100% sure they'd still be in production to this date.

Link to a video of demonstrating the feature

Last edited by SaiSW : 9th August 2022 at 11:33.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 15:00   #71
BHPian

If I needed a used car, my first choice would be aspire/figo/freestyle, in the diesel avatar of course. If it's the bs6 variant, and there are dpf clogging issues, I would do a remap and deactivate the bs6 system. Of course i would verify it beforehand if that is possible.
Old 4th September 2022, 14:16   #72
BHPian

Hi,
Is it worth buying a 2016 Figo Aspire petrol from a bank auction? The car was registered in February 2017. I want one for my hometown duties. The car is being sold via a bank auction and the base price is 2.13 lakhs. Also, in the opening page of this thread, buyers are suggested to avoid the lethargic 1.2 L 4 cylinder petrol engine. I suppose that this car, being a 2016 model, comes with the above-mentioned supposedly lethargic engine. Now, I have never driven any Ford Aspire so obviously I don't have any first hand experience with this car. Please kindly suggest me that should I go ahead with the bidding or drop this car altogether? Also, what should be the maximum price which I should pay for this car?
Old 8th January 2024, 19:03   #73

I recently got an October 2016 Ford Figo (Trend 1.2 Ti-VCT, Petrol-Manual) with just over 30K KMs as my first car from Spinny. Below are my observations after 3 months of driving it -
  • Fuel efficiency hovers between 10-14 kmpl. 10 being for bumper-to-bumper Bangalore traffic and 14 with about 50% highway runs.
  • Power is adequate if 2 people are riding. With all 4 passengers, working the gears is necessary to catch-up with the traffic.
  • With 4 passengers and higher speed-bumps, it tends to scrape the bottom.
  • Not experienced enough to comment on the suspension, but potholes are not much of a concern when going at over 30kmph.
In the initial days, I managed to run into couple of incidents with auto drivers in Bangalore and have scratches/paints to remind of the same. Further, the O2 sensor was damaged last month but was replaced under Spinny's comprehensive warranty.

I need suggestions on the following items -
  1. Need a body shop recommendation to fix the following
  2. Paint work - There're green patches and some black patches from where the paint was ripped off.
  3. There's a dent in the lower surface of the front bumper (on the passenger side) as I managed to ditch the front left wheel in a drainage while turning at a narrow section of a mud road. When asked about fix in the FASS, I was told that the bumper is fiber component and can only be replaced by them. The SA suggested looking for a fix outside as it's small and not much of a concern.
  4. Timing kit replacement - The Ford's service manual suggests replacing the timing belt every 6 years/1.2 lakh KMs whichever happens first. I doubt if the timing kit was replaced by the previous owner. The last time the vehicle saw an FASS was in 2018. Wanted to take it up with Spinny but they didn't approve stating that only faulty parts are covered and not preventive maintenance. What is the general lifespan of the timing belt before it fails? Also, are there's things I should look forward to that may signify that it's about to fail?
  5. Soon after purchasing the car, I took it for an inspection at PPS Ford - Lalbagh (Bangalore) and the technician told me that the clutch assembly will need to be replaced after about 5K KMs. I brought up this topic with PPS Ford - Yelahanka but didn't get a clear yes/no. What are the things to look out for if/when the clutch assy needs a replacement.

I am planning for a road-trip to my hometown sometime next week. That'll be about 1500KMs one-way and I plan to return in early May. Although my hometown does have a FASS, being a tier 3 city, part availability is questionable, especially cause Ford isn't that popular (except Ecosport, of course). Current ODO stands at 31.8K KMs and this trip will add another 4K if not more.

If the points (4) and (5) are critical, I would decide against the road-trip as I can't afford to be stranded for more than 2 days due to upcoming events at the destination.

I am also open to meeting existing Figo owners to have them take a glance/ride to under the clutch/timing kit health.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks