Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2020, 18:34   #1
BHPian

Tata cars to be delivered in plastic “safety bubbles”

TATA is taking customer experience to a different level now. It is great to see the amount of efforts they are investing in ensuring customer satisfaction. Long live TATA

"Tata Motors has begun delivering its cars and SUVs in a unique setup called Safety Bubble which, according to the brand, is an added step to shield the car from bacteria and viruses. The company already delivers its cars to customers after a thorough sanitization process, thanks to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic."

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...bubbles-419302
Attached Thumbnails
Tata cars to be delivered in plastic “safety bubbles”-20201130023511_tatasafetybubble.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st December 2020 at 00:27. Reason: Typo
vvivek85 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 19:11   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata cars to be delivered in plastic “safety bubbles”

How much difference will it make from delivering the car from a specific well sanitized delivery bay/room?
A driver is putting the car inside this bubble and he is walking out from there, and I don't think each car will get a new bubble. They will sanitize this and use for the other car deliveries too.

This might be actually good, but to me it looks more like an eyewash! May be am missing something!

Last edited by Samba : 30th November 2020 at 19:12.
Samba is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 19:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Can I just buy the bubble? It looks great for some long term parking! That bubble would be perfect to protect some vintages too.
govigov is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 19:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
This might be actually good, but to me it looks more like an eyewash! May be am missing something!
No, Samba, you are right. A dealer I was speaking to said exactly the same thing. Basically it's a transparent tent. It will in all probability, be fixed at the delivery bay in the showroom premises. The dealer has to pay and get it from approved vendor as suggested by TML.

For optics it's great, for efficacy in keeping out the floating little bugs, is open to question.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st December 2020 at 00:28. Reason: Typos
arjab is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 20:34   #5
BHPian

Great Initiative. I don't know how much difference will it make in terms of safety, as the customer anyway should walk into the showroom to finish paper work formalities, etc., but it looks very unique and great and is a good marketing strategy and PR material. Other websites will also cover it making free publicity for TaMo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Can I just buy the bubble? It looks great for some long term parking! That bubble would be perfect to protect some vintages too.

On seeing the opening post, I immediately pictured my Sierra in that Tata Motors bubble. I really want to buy one if it is available for sale an as accessory just like the body cover / tarpaulin.

We can also use this as a makeshift paint booth for minor DIY denting / painting works, similar to goonzquad's inflatable paint booth.

Last edited by WhiteSierra : 30th November 2020 at 20:38. Reason: added video link
WhiteSierra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 22:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

When I read the title my first thought was that the car would be delivered wrapped in Bubble wrap

It seems the marketing trend in this season has to be associated with the pandemic, hygiene etc. It would be great if they gave the tent like thing free with each delivery
TrackDay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 22:52   #7
Team-BHP Support

This increasing use of plastic is just what the environment needs.
A very stupid move from Tata.

They might as well have parked the car under sun light and a little distance away from the showroom.
bblost is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 23:05   #8
BHPian

What a weird idea. Instead you could just spray some sanitizer before its handed over to the customer. What if someone sneezes on the car as soon as it comes out of the bubble. They are going to put it back in bubble? Please put all this brain power to launch new products and to improve customer service.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st December 2020 at 00:26. Reason: Typo
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 08:37   #9
BHPian

Will they be doing it for cars going to their service centers too?
If anything they get exposed to more hands and hence need better sanitation!

A cost adding move (either to dealers pocket or the customers) seems good for the overall optics and given sentiment, but doubt its efficacy!
Diesel_Drives is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 08:45   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

So weird an idea. Another move to pocket some money in the name of this Pandemic?
Old 1st December 2020, 08:51   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

This is nothing but a publicity stunt, imagine the positive attention a car will gather, all wrapped up in this huge capsule, parked outside their showrooms.

In a country where social distancing norms, hand sanitization etc are not followed properly, I don't expect dealers to follow this for every car they deliver. Of course one car will always remain in a capsule parked in front of their showroom, but that's it. It won't be feasible if you consider the daily volumes some Tata dealers do.

I hope they sell this capsule as an accessory, will make for a nice cover for those who have sufficient space.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 09:28   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
: I have seen many rich hypercar and supercar owners with a huge collection outside India have even better bubbles than these for their prized possessions.I think it's called the car capsule
aansh singhania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 10:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aansh singhania View Post
:I think it's called the car capsule
And you are bang-on target. The seller on Amazon will even ship it to India! All yours for $1200 approx USD.
Am sure TML has an "expert Amazon searcher" in their marketing division and that person will definitely will get a promotion for bringing across this thingummamajig!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata cars to be delivered in plastic “safety bubbles”-car-capsule-2.jpg  

Tata cars to be delivered in plastic “safety bubbles”-car-capsule-1.jpg  

arjab is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 10:54   #14
BHPian

The car capaules cost about 10k on Alibaba so Tata might have got a better price. Not a bad idea. If this is an option for regular use, it certainly will be better than car covers. Let's hope they are not of the disposable variety.
Old 1st December 2020, 11:00   #15
BHPian

This is much like giving that big cut out car key we are now used to seeing in every delivery. It's otherwise useless, a sun board cut out just to amplify that gesture of new car key handover is not a practical necessity in any means. I think the entire idea is to suggest that they are delivering a sanitised car which is safe for the new owner to drive away. The rest of the loop holes about germs or virus sneaking through remains as is. In my opinion it's unique, but not sure it will add any wow factor or not.

But talking about covid situation, I see a lot of people venturing out of city limits these days than they ever used to do. It may be a leisure trip or for work and user may not be a car enthusiast at all. So a peace of mind in this situation would be if a customer knows he can get service in any emergency situation if need be in a fixed SLA. While such promises are on paper as emergency services etc. but it's never received on time. Tata Motors can think in these terms and think about delivering that promise in actual situations. Think about making each car more reliable in every aspect, a single loose nut can render a car immobile and it happens in a new car as well. Such ideas will add more value I think.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 1st December 2020 at 15:48. Reason: Minor typos. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks